Aluminum vaccine adjuvants: are they safe? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 09-24-2011, 05:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21568886#

Abstract

Aluminum is an experimentally demonstrated neurotoxin and the most commonly used vaccine adjuvant. Despite almost 90 years of widespread use of aluminum adjuvants, medical science's understanding about their mechanisms of action is still remarkably poor. There is also a concerning scarcity of data on toxicology and pharmacokinetics of these compounds. In spite of this, the notion that aluminum in vaccines is safe appears to be widely accepted. Experimental research, however, clearly shows that aluminum adjuvants have a potential to induce serious immunological disorders in humans. In particular, aluminum in adjuvant form carries a risk for autoimmunity, long-term brain inflammation and associated neurological complications and may thus have profound and widespread adverse health consequences. In our opinion, the possibility that vaccine benefits may have been overrated and the risk of potential adverse effects underestimated, has not been rigorously evaluated in the medical and scientific community. We hope that the present paper will provide a framework for a much needed and long overdue assessment of this highly contentious medical issue.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 09-25-2011, 07:53 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)

Thanks for posting. I hope I can get access to the full text from work.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~Mark Twain

#3 of 7 Old 09-27-2011, 03:22 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thanks for posting

Lisa DH Pat DS Liam DS Jamessigncirc1.gif

Missing DD Lily 6/17/10- 12/13/12

#4 of 7 Old 09-29-2011, 11:43 AM

Mentioned: 196 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)

Wow!  This is the first time I have seen a published scientific article call vaccine safety into question.  I hope more scientists take a closer look at the aluminum in vaccines.  BTW - Dr. Sears has been beating this drum for years. 

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
#5 of 7 Old 09-29-2011, 12:39 PM

full text

http://www.meerwetenoverfreek.nl/images/stories/Tomljenovic_Shaw-CMC-published.pdf

DS, 10/07. Allergies: peanut, egg, wheat. We've added dairy back in. And taken it back out again. It causes sandpaper skin with itchy patches and thrashing during sleep. Due w/ #2 late April, 2012.

#6 of 7 Old 10-04-2011, 11:17 AM

I just found this abstract yesterday, via other means, and came to mothering today to see if I couldn't find more information on aluminum adjuvants and their safety.  I appreciate the whole text, thank you very much, ASusan.  Can anyone point me to additional information about this vaccine ingredient?  Does anyone know, off-hand, exactly which vaccines contain this ingredient?

treehugger.gif river and mountain mama to two amazing dust.gif girls, homebirth.jpg 8.25.05 and h20homebirth.gif 1.13.08, and married to my soulmate of 18 yrs partners.gif

#7 of 7 Old 10-04-2011, 03:17 PM

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pinkbook/downloads/appendices/b/excipient-table-2.pdf

vaccine ingredients list

Lisa DH Pat DS Liam DS Jamessigncirc1.gif

Missing DD Lily 6/17/10- 12/13/12

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page