What does a seizure look like? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 10-07-2011, 06:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Maybe I am being overly sensitive/overreacting here, but my little girl got her 4 month shots today so my nerves are on end. Later on, after nursing, she was burping and standing in my lap, she then had a very weird contorted expression come across her face. I had never seen her look like that before, just a bit strained and seemed as if her facial muscles pulled downward in an odd way. It was brief, like only 15 seconds or so, and then later on she had another even briefer shadow of the one before. It was frightening because I thought it was the beginning of a seizure but then she didn't have anything else weird happen. She seems very happy (sleeping now though) and cheerful and not like the last time when she was quite fussy. She does not have a fever (I gave motrin when we got home).

Has anyone's child had a mild seizure and if so, what did it look like? I am sure she is ok / seems to be now, but I want to watch her for anything else.

Christ Lovin' SAHM to JL 11/07, MP 5/95 and Empty Nester to BT and RM 7/89
#2 of 3 Old 10-07-2011, 07:52 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Could it possibly be gas pains or straining to have a BM? I could be wrong but I always thought the seizures caused by vaccines were mainly because of fever, though some can be caused by swelling in the brain.

Mild ones- the person just seems to stare off into space and doesn't respond to people touching or talking to them. (Used to be called petit mal)

Other seizures involve the whole body- the person stiffens up and jerks or shakes... and their eyes roll back into their head. It's scary.I know a lady whose 1 year old baby has seizures and he turns blue during them.

Hope she is ok !

Lisa DH Pat DS Liam DS Jamessigncirc1.gif

Missing DD Lily 6/17/10- 12/13/12

#3 of 3 Old 10-07-2011, 08:15 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

People post videos on Youtube of their babies having seizures. There are 370 results for infant seizure.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page