Haven't vaccinated and i think im going for homeopathic remedy - Mothering Forums
Vaccinations > Haven't vaccinated and i think im going for homeopathic remedy
jadebutterfly's Avatar jadebutterfly 12:52 PM 10-24-2011

Well i have been like many mothers, doubtful at times, but for many reasons I just keep  convincing myself not to.

My baby is 9 months, and finally the other day, i was invited to a talk that was given about homeopathic imunizations.

Wow, after that i felt so good, the lady who talked is a healer,  and is also a homeopath.

First we have to give the immune boosters, one for bacteria, one for virus, and one for fungus.

A while after these strenghten the immune system then we would give ( rubbed or oraly ) the individual vaccines of dpt, heB, MMR, Polio, etc. and these remedys must be given every 6 months until they r 2. ( something like that )

And if they might still get sick, the course of the illness should be faster, and boost imune system at the same time, to be strong and fight.

I havent done much homeopathy until my dd was born and started using hylands for colic and teething stuff, but this option for making them imune through homeopathy really interested me, i am going to give it a try.

But i tried looking some of this up, ofcourse i didnt find anything and I would really like to hear if anyone has heard about them, or has tried them, what you think, etc.

Ofcourse i asked in another website, and they just laughed at me, they say homeopathy is placebo, and BS, but i think i might find some better points of view here.

 

Thanks treehugger.gif



elmh23's Avatar elmh23 02:18 PM 10-24-2011

Homeopathy is essentially water and a placebo effect.  If you're worried about the diseases that the homeopathic "vaccines" would ward against, then just get the ones that have been proven to actually be effective.  It'll be cheaper and be better for the health of your child than the homeopathic ones.


Rani's Avatar Rani 02:56 PM 10-24-2011

remember that homeopathy so distills down things as to be essentially barely there. the 1400x extract of something doesn't really have any of that something left in it. it would be better to find a naturapath and use herbs or really natural meds then to trust such a theory...Read up on EXACTLY what is in a homeopathy remedy. I fear the science really doesn't back it up.

 

Im sorry


Mirzam's Avatar Mirzam 03:35 PM 10-24-2011


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rani View Post

remember that homeopathy so distills down things as to be essentially barely there. the 1400x extract of something doesn't really have any of that something left in it. it would be better to find a naturapath and use herbs or really natural meds then to trust such a theory...Read up on EXACTLY what is in a homeopathy remedy. I fear the science really doesn't back it up.

 

Im sorry



Well, there actually is a scientific study that shows a homeopathic remedy (glucose) does have a strong biological effect on arsenic-poisoned e.coli.

 

Analysis of the capability of ultra-highly diluted glucose to increase glucose uptake in arsenite-stressed bacteria Escherichia coli (full text)

 

 

 

Quote:
Objective: Whether ultra-highly diluted homeopathic remedies can affect living systems is questionable. Therefore, this study sees value in the analysis of whether homeopathically diluted glucose 30C has any effect on Escherichia coli exposed to arsenite stress.

Methods: E. coli were cultured to their log phase in standard Luria-Bertani medium and then treated with either 1 mmol/L or 2 mmol/L sodium arsenite, with or without supplementation of either 1% or 3% glucose, an ultra-highly diluted and agitated ethanolic solution (70%) of glucose (diluted 1060 times), glucose 30C or 70% ethanol (placebo) in the medium. Glucose uptake, specific activities of hexokinase and glucokinase, membrane potential, intracellular adenosine triphosphate (ATP) and expression of glucose permease in E. coli were analyzed at two different time intervals. Arsenic content in E. coli (intracellular) and in the spent medium (extracellular) was also determined. 

Results: In arsenite-exposed E. coli, the glucose uptake increased along with decreases in the specific activities of hexokinase and glucokinase, intracellular ATP and membrane potential and an increase in the gene expression level of glucose permease. Glucose uptake increased further by addition of 1%, 3% or ultra-highly diluted glucose in the medium, but not by the placebo. 

Conclusion: The results demonstrated the efficacy of the ultra-highly diluted and agitated glucose in mimicking the action of actual glucose supplementation and its ability to modulate expressions of hexokinase and glucokinase enzymes and glucose permease genes, thereby validating the efficacy of ultra-high dilutions used in homeopathy.

 

 

 


ma2two's Avatar ma2two 03:45 PM 10-24-2011

 

Classical homeopaths disapprove of homeopathic vaccines. They think it's better to either wait until the person gets the disease, and then treat the person (if necessary); or, if there is an epidemic of a truly dangerous disease (this does not include most diseases that are currently vaccinated for), they would wait to see how most people are reacting to the disease, then give the homeopathic vaccine that matches those specific symptoms.

 


Delicateflower's Avatar Delicateflower 05:12 PM 10-24-2011

If you're interested in this, then simply giving your children tap water to drink will have the same effect (or more powerful, since it's possibly more dilute).

 

[quote]remember that homeopathy so distills down things as to be essentially barely there.[/quote]

 

It's not essentially barely there, it isn't there at all. If you give a 30C remedy to everyone on the planet, the odds of one of them getting a molecule of the agent are infinitesimal.

 

OP, if you're worried enough about vaccine-preventable disease to try to ward them off with this expensive water, then give your baby the real vaccines.


jadebutterfly's Avatar jadebutterfly 08:55 PM 10-24-2011


Quote:
Originally Posted by elmh23 View Post

Homeopathy is essentially water and a placebo effect.  If you're worried about the diseases that the homeopathic "vaccines" would ward against, then just get the ones that have been proven to actually be effective.  It'll be cheaper and be better for the health of your child than the homeopathic ones.


      No, i dont think doing the normal ones would be cheaper, nor better, I think hp would be even if it was just water.

      Im still not going to vaccine so thats why i think using hp could only help, not harm.

      i believe the body is very inteligent.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Rani View Post

remember that homeopathy so distills down things as to be essentially barely there. the 1400x extract of something doesn't really have any of that something left in it. it would be better to find a naturapath and use herbs or really natural meds then to trust such a theory...Read up on EXACTLY what is in a homeopathy remedy. I fear the science really doesn't back it up.

 

Im sorry

 

I know thats what everyone keeps on saying, but thats what hp is isnt it? thats what the lady told us, how this was done and how its mostly the energy of it is whats left thats why it is so safe and noble, and I believe a babys body is so clean and pure, its so much better than stabbing directly plus all the toxicity for such a tiny baby. 

She also told us that they did a test to a kid that had used them in the past, they said he did have imunity an defense to these . so who knows.

Im pretty new to using hp but i know a lot of people that really believe in it to work and if it works for all that, then it could be.

People with normal vaccines are still getting sick and the vaccines can bring many complications. :(

 

 

 

Thanks ladiess Rainbow.gif

 

 
 

 


crunchy_mommy's Avatar crunchy_mommy 06:23 AM 10-25-2011
I was a homeopathic skeptic (VERY skeptical!!!) until I started using them out of desperation, and yes, some of them do work, and no, it's not just a placebo effect. They don't all work and it's not always 100%. However, I have no idea how this would translate to vaccines, I've never looked into homeopathic vaccines. I guess if you aren't going to do regular vaxes anyway, the worst that could happen is you lose out on money. My other concern would be that it might provide a false sense of security.
elmh23's Avatar elmh23 09:37 AM 10-25-2011


Quote:
Originally Posted by jadebutterfly View Post

      No, i dont think doing the normal ones would be cheaper, nor better, I think hp would be even if it was just water.

      Im still not going to vaccine so thats why i think using hp could only help, not harm.

      i believe the body is very inteligent.

 

 

I believe the body is intelligent as well.  However, so are the bugs that cause these diseases.  I get not wanting to do vaccines if you believe they are full of toxins (I disagree, but whatever) but I guess my point is really that I do not believe this will help your child and only part you from your money.

 

Also, they did "a test on a kid" which implies the titered one child who had had the homeopathic "vaccines."  That is not a sample size that I would trust.  Also, what else do you know about the kid, was he/she exposed to the diseases that he/she had "vaccines" for.  Cause that could get him the antibodies necessary (for example, my husband was 3 or 4 when 4 of his siblings got chicken pox, he never got it but is immune to it.)

 

Like I said, I wouldn't do this because it doesn't seem that it would do anything but part you from a lot of money. 


Marnica's Avatar Marnica 01:13 PM 10-25-2011

To OP

 

Google Dr. Issac Golden.

 

You must take any response you get here with a grain of salt. There are those who have posted that clearly do not find find homeopathy to be a valid treatment for anything. I believe some called it water or a placebo effect. This is merely someones opinion.  Hp is very controversial even among homeopaths. If it is something that you are interested in and feel comfrotable with it, than I say go for it. But as with ANYTHING (including vaccines) nothing is 100% and you should not have a false sense of security. Know that it may help, but your child can still become ill with a VPD.


jadebutterfly's Avatar jadebutterfly 03:32 PM 10-25-2011


Quote:
Originally Posted by elmh23 View Post

 

I believe the body is intelligent as well.  However, so are the bugs that cause these diseases.  I get not wanting to do vaccines if you believe they are full of toxins (I disagree, but whatever) but I guess my point is really that I do not believe this will help your child and only part you from your money.

 

Also, they did "a test on a kid" which implies the titered one child who had had the homeopathic "vaccines."  That is not a sample size that I would trust.  Also, what else do you know about the kid, was he/she exposed to the diseases that he/she had "vaccines" for.  Cause that could get him the antibodies necessary (for example, my husband was 3 or 4 when 4 of his siblings got chicken pox, he never got it but is immune to it.)

 

Like I said, I wouldn't do this because it doesn't seem that it would do anything but part you from a lot of money. 



 



Quote:
Originally Posted by Marnica View Post

To OP

 

Google Dr. Issac Golden.

 

You must take any response you get here with a grain of salt. There are those who have posted that clearly do not find find homeopathy to be a valid treatment for anything. I believe some called it water or a placebo effect. This is merely someones opinion.  Hp is very controversial even among homeopaths. If it is something that you are interested in and feel comfrotable with it, than I say go for it. But as with ANYTHING (including vaccines) nothing is 100% and you should not have a false sense of security. Know that it may help, but your child can still become ill with a VPD.


       I think that bugs and bacteria arent intelligent, they re just alive and need to thrive when they can sooo, if the baby has a healthy clean strong body it wouldnt be a place for them  nor to thrive, and Ive heard too much about how protective breast feeding is and I know vaccines arent good for long. So ill just take an extra eye on my dd since i probably wont vax at least not under 2 yrs. How does that sound doc? doest that sound fairly acurate?

 

And i think hp could help boost the imune system nicely, plus the whole kit is only over 130 dlls or so, so i think its great, and no i wont rely on that all the way, more in, trying to be as healthy, loving and natural as posible.

 

Thanx

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


jadebutterfly's Avatar jadebutterfly 10:51 PM 10-25-2011

i cant reply anymore , ill quote, and answer and ask a little more but my replies wont appear on the thread, it says it has to be checked by moderators because im new

when r they gonna appear ??

 


purslaine's Avatar purslaine 02:06 PM 10-26-2011


Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchy_mommy View Post

I was a homeopathic skeptic (VERY skeptical!!!) until I started using them out of desperation, and yes, some of them do work, and no, it's not just a placebo effect. They don't all work and it's not always 100%.


This is my take as well.  I know they have very, very little of whatever substance is supposed to be found in them.  Yet I have given homeopathy with decent results.  One I gave to my infant DD when she was chesty and it was like magic.  It worked more than once, which makes me think coincidence is unlikely.  My sister used a homeopathic remedy with good result.  I have also tried some homeopathy which showed no result. Homeopathy is quite benign - so the only thing you are out if it does not work is money orngbiggrin.gif  

 

I would not rely on homeopathy to avoid vaccinable disease.

 

A little OT, but interesting, here is a quote from Science based medicine:

 

Homeopathy is having a bad year. From a scientific point of view, it has had a couple of bad centuries. The progress of our scientific understanding of biology, chemistry, and physics has failed to confirm any of the core beliefs of homeopathy. Like does not cure like (this is a form of superstition known as sympathetic magic, with no basis in science)

 

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/index.php/taking-on-homeopathy-in-germany/

 

Bolding mine.  It seems what is good for the goose is not good for the gander.  

 

Vaccines use like to prevent like, but the science-based medicine site is claiming does not cure like (indeed is scoffing at it).  I am not sure you can have it both way folks - either like substances are useful in medicine, or not.  

 

It would be interesting to put a poll up on the health forums to see if anyone has used homeopathy and if they had good results. 

 

 

 


Up