Where can I buy homeopathic lyssin online? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 12-23-2011, 08:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My dog is getting her rabies shot in January, and I'm looking for the rabies nosode "lyssin" or "lyssinum" 30C to take after her shot.

Anyone know where I can get it online?  The only place I can find is elexirs.com and its $20 for 400 pellets.  I definately don't need that much.  I was hoping to pay about $6 or $7 for a tube of 80 pellets or so, like Boirons have for other remedies. (although they don't make Lyssin).

Any ideas?

Thanks

#2 of 11 Old 12-23-2011, 10:24 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvie View Post

My dog is getting her rabies shot in January, and I'm looking for the rabies nosode "lyssin" or "lyssinum" 30C to take after her shot.

Anyone know where I can get it online?  The only place I can find is elexirs.com and its $20 for 400 pellets.  I definately don't need that much.  I was hoping to pay about $6 or $7 for a tube of 80 pellets or so, like Boirons have for other remedies. (although they don't make Lyssin).

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sorry I can't help with where to buy the homeopathic. But instead of getting the vaccination, why don't you have her titres taken and do that in lieu of vaccination, most states allow this now. You have heard about The Rabies Challenge being conducted by Drs Ron Schultz and Jean Dodds? So far the vaccine is producing enough antibodies for at least 7 years. Have the titre results sent to Dr Dodds' lab Hemopet for interpretation. Rabies vaccination is the most reactive of all the canine vaccinations and I would avoid it if you can. Obviously, this is way more expensive that getting the shot and buying the homeopathic remedy, but no vaccine is infinitely preferable (IMO) than getting the rabies shot and then having to detox from it.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#3 of 11 Old 12-23-2011, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter

Apparently the rabies shot is law here in FL or I would not get it.  Do they accept titres instead?  I have looked into this, and was considering getting titres done for parvo and distemper in leau of the shots.

I'm worried about rabies shot, as I've heard it can cause behaviour changes in dogs...and my stray is already pretty skittish and afraid.

It would be good to know if the state accepted titres

thanks for the info

#4 of 11 Old 12-23-2011, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvie View Post

Apparently the rabies shot is law here in FL or I would not get it.  Do they accept titres instead?  I have looked into this, and was considering getting titres done for parvo and distemper in leau of the shots.

I'm worried about rabies shot, as I've heard it can cause behaviour changes in dogs...and my stray is already pretty skittish and afraid.

It would be good to know if the state accepted titres

thanks for the info

I would be very concerned about giving an animal that already has fear/anxiety issues a rabies shot, you are asking for trouble IMO. The other option, if allowed by FL law, is getting a medical exemption if you have a holistic vet willing to do this. It might be worth asking in the Find Your Tribe forum to see if anyone knows of a sympathetic vet close to you if you don't think yours would be willing to do this. 

You certainly do not need to get your dog boosters for Distemper and Parvo, these vaccines also appear to confer life long immunity.

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#5 of 11 Old 05-04-2012, 03:37 PM

If you can avoid the rabies vaccination, avoid it like the plague.  

My 7 month old GSD got the Rabies shot on the dreaded day of August 11, 2011, and she was lame for 11 days...could not walk, cried, etc.  I never thought she would recover, and the vet said this was a common reaction.  However, just after it, she developed a low platelet count, low enzyme activity and a persistent scratching to a point where she was ripping her skin off...all DUE TO THE rabies vaccination.

I do know Dr. Dodd's, and have just done titers for my other GSD.  Thuja prior to any vaccination for one week is helpful, AND after for 3 weeks, but I prefer the Lyssin.

My dog is on the mend, but Dr. Dodd's said it could take up to 4 - 6 months  recovery...she's been thru hell and back, and I will never vaccinate for anything...EVER again.

I have already put in a complaint with Ft. Dodge / Pfizer and also the USDA...I will keep it up until someone listens.

She is currently using Lyssin 1/2 cap full in distilled water best in an aquatic state, and she likes it...drinks it right from the glass.

DONT vaccinate.  

If anyone can find a vet that is willing to NOT vaccinate and still give you the tag and receipt do it, although most won't do it or risk their medical license...however, there are a few that will do it. I won't disclose names, but I needed tags for my dogs, as all their titers were above 1.50>  I also did Lepto titer and distemper Parvo, both over 1.50...

Don't vaccinate if you know what is good for your dog.

good luck~

#6 of 11 Old 05-05-2012, 03:31 PM

Wow, that reaction happened to my dog too (for for only 2 days).  I thought I was the only one who ever had such a strange thing.  The vet did give me "fake rabies" tags for the rest of her life though, since she was just as scared as I was about the reaction.

Midwife mama bellycast.gif to DD1 bouncy.gif (4.5) and DD2 h20homebirth.gif (1.5)
#7 of 11 Old 09-08-2012, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestdogever View Post

If you can avoid the rabies vaccination, avoid it like the plague.  

My 7 month old GSD got the Rabies shot on the dreaded day of August 11, 2011, and she was lame for 11 days...could not walk, cried, etc.  I never thought she would recover, and the vet said this was a common reaction.  However, just after it, she developed a low platelet count, low enzyme activity and a persistent scratching to a point where she was ripping her skin off...all DUE TO THE rabies vaccination.

I do know Dr. Dodd's, and have just done titers for my other GSD.  Thuja prior to any vaccination for one week is helpful, AND after for 3 weeks, but I prefer the Lyssin.

My dog is on the mend, but Dr. Dodd's said it could take up to 4 - 6 months  recovery...she's been thru hell and back, and I will never vaccinate for anything...EVER again.

I have already put in a complaint with Ft. Dodge / Pfizer and also the USDA...I will keep it up until someone listens.

She is currently using Lyssin 1/2 cap full in distilled water best in an aquatic state, and she likes it...drinks it right from the glass.

DONT vaccinate.  

If anyone can find a vet that is willing to NOT vaccinate and still give you the tag and receipt do it, although most won't do it or risk their medical license...however, there are a few that will do it. I won't disclose names, but I needed tags for my dogs, as all their titers were above 1.50>  I also did Lepto titer and distemper Parvo, both over 1.50...

Don't vaccinate if you know what is good for your dog.

good luck~

Could you please contact me directly? (kimbot68@gmail.com) I'm unable to pm you for some reason. It is urgent. Thank you!

#8 of 11 Old 09-09-2012, 06:12 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)

The following states accept a rabies exemption signed by a vet:

Alabama, California (2011) Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Vermont, Virginia, and Wisconsin.

BUT, beware because many states won't let just any vet sign - it has to go through the state vet.  Basically your vet fills out paperwork deeming the dog too ill to vax at that time and the state vet has to approve of the reasoning.  Rabies titer is not required for exemption but in cases where you must contest it can help (it's $185).  I'm currently going through this with my 7yo dog who at the time she was due for her 3yr booster, had a massive hot spot and major skin issues.  Now in her case I know its not 'just allergies' as the vet suggested - she's positive for anaplasma and being an immunosuppressive tickborne disease her body reacts with hot spots when it flares up.  So not only did I have to really argue to get the forms, but they insist the state vet for CT doesn't approve of allergies as a reason for exemption (she also apparently give ppl a hard time for dogs with cancer!).  I have a hollistic vet for most things but they don't do emergencies and it takes over 2 mos to get an appt and I didn't plan ahead so ended up with the secondary vet's office. 

No state will accept titers in place of vax or exemption.  So the risk you take is IF something happens and the ACO has to be involved they can take the dog away for quarantine.  Just depends on where you live.

#9 of 11 Old 01-25-2014, 09:18 PM

My furry friend is also due for her 3yr rabies shot and I too am looking for lyssin. I was told by my local health food joint that lyssin could only be given by prescription here in Michigan. I'm hoping the vet has some, since he claims to be a holistic practitioner. That will be Monday's call. My furrby is 16yo and healthy and I'd like to keep her that way. Her predecessor had seizures for years from distemper shot when yet a puppy. It took me a while but I did eradicate them within a week once I "found" homeopathy!   Would it be possible to share costs of a remedy with other like-minded folk?

#10 of 11 Old 01-26-2014, 08:30 AM

Bring a cold pack with you to the vet, and apply it immediately to the injection site to block the immune reaction. I realize this won't be easy with a 16 month old dog, but if you can, continue to do this throughout the day. If an immune reaction continues the next day, continue with the cold pack (if you can!).

It appears lyssin is available here, but I have read that it is advisable to administer it twice a day five days, have the shot on the 3rd (of the five days). If there are no symptoms after the five days, then stop, if not continue with the lyssin for longer.

#11 of 11 Old 01-26-2014, 12:05 PM

Here in the states you have to have an order for Lyssin ok'd by a vet or a homeopath because it is a nosode. However, you can order it from Helios in England.(www.helios.co.uk). I order from them often and they ship pretty quickly, you will have it in 5 days.The 8g bottle is about the same size as the Boiron blue tubes. A 200c is the best potency to use in the case of vaccination.

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page