32 million Americans now have antibodies that target their own tissues - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 67 Old 01-27-2012, 10:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taximom5 View Post

So go ahead--let your kids eat all the Aspartame-sweetened yogurt they want, and all the Aspartame-sweetened kids' drinks they can hold.

disappointed.gif This was mean, uncalled for, and totally uncool. Shameful.
Mamja likes this.

sleepytime.gif
#62 of 67 Old 01-27-2012, 12:35 PM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinak1977 View Post

disappointed.gif This was mean, uncalled for, and totally uncool. Shameful.

I really didn't intend it in a mean way.  Why would it be mean, if she doesn't believe that there are any problems with it?

However, since it was apparently possible  to interpret my post as being "mean," I certainly do apologize.

#63 of 67 Old 01-27-2012, 12:43 PM

Back to the original topic, I found this:

Induction of rheumatoid arthritis by vaccination against hepatitis B—myth or reality?

http://ard.bmj.com/content/61/7/575.full

The rheumatic disorders described following hepatitis B vaccination are heterogeneous but can be divided into three groups. Firstly, transient conditions such as vasculitis, post-vaccinal arthritis or erythema nodosum might be due to the deposition of immune complexes containing viral antigen and anti-hepatitis B antibodies, as seen in some hepatitis B infections, or to hypersensitivity to components of the vaccine like thimesoral or yeast proteins.14,15Recently, the VAERS (Vaccination Adverse Events Reporting System) database (from July 1990 to August 1999) reported that hepatitis B vaccination was associated with a number of potentially serious arthritic adverse reactions, particularly in the adult female population (female/male ratio = 4.45/1).16 Secondly, it was recently suggested that macrophagic myofasciitis might be induced by intramuscular injection of vaccines containing aluminium hydroxide such as hepatitis B vaccine.17 Thirdly, there are reports of the onset of chronic autoimmune disease and, in particular, of RA.

#64 of 67 Old 01-27-2012, 12:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taximom5 View Post

I really didn't intend it in a mean way.  Why would it be mean, if she doesn't believe that there are any problems with it?

Because it portrayed my children as aspartame-guzzling brats. 

I appreciate the apology.  I was shocked that it took so long in coming.  I am shocked that the remark hasn't yet been edited out of your post, since it has no relevance to the topic at hand.  I will forever think badly of you for dragging my children into a conversation that had nothing to do with them in such a mean-spirited way. 

(And before you criticize me for being vindictive and unforgiving, please think about how you would feel if someone verbally attacked your children with no provocation.  Thank you.)

ETA: And while I'm still on the topic, let me just take a second to point out that I made MY objections to your statement clear days ago, and apparently that did not warrant an apology until SOMEONE ELSE complained.  I sure am glad her feelings count.  

#65 of 67 Old 01-27-2012, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stik View Post

Because it portrayed my children as aspartame-guzzling brats. 

I appreciate the apology.  I was shocked that it took so long in coming.  I am shocked that the remark hasn't yet been edited out of your post, since it has no relevance to the topic at hand.  I will forever think badly of you for dragging my children into a conversation that had nothing to do with them in such a mean-spirited way. 

(And before you criticize me for being vindictive and unforgiving, please think about how you would feel if someone verbally attacked your children with no provocation.  Thank you.)

ETA: And while I'm still on the topic, let me just take a second to point out that I made MY objections to your statement clear days ago, and apparently that did not warrant an apology until SOMEONE ELSE complained.  I sure am glad her feelings count.  

Stik, I in no way portrayed your kids as brats, nor did I say that they DID guzzle anything, with or without aspartame.  (What on EARTH does consuming aspartame-containing foods have to do with brattiness???)

I didn't "drag your children into it," nor did I attack them in any way.  My suggestion was that YOU (the parent) go ahead and allow your kids to eat and drink aspartame-containing foods if you don't believe that there are health problems associated with them.   This is a parenting forum, and what we do and don't allow our kids to do is certainly a common theme here.

Low-calorie yogurt, which I mentioned, is certainly not a food that one associates with "guzzling brats." Most of the well-educated moms I know think it's a very healthy food.  Yet, all low-calorie yogurt is sweetened with aspartame. Clearly, YOU are making an association that I was somehow attacking your kids, AND I WAS NOT.

You asked me to "leave your kids out of it," and I did.

Now you are complaining that I did not edit my post, and that I did not apologize sooner.

Perhaps you should apologize for misinterpreting my words?

If you really would like to further discuss this, perhaps you should pm me.  But if you already know all this and are just trying to draw me into an argument, please remember this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosaic View Post

Reign it in, y'all... this forum is geared toward newcomers who are just getting started in making their vaccination decision.
This is NOT the place to debate the origins of HIV, flouride, aspartame, etc.
You all are longtime members and know this already, so I thank you for bringing this back on topic. thumb.gif

#66 of 67 Old 01-27-2012, 05:01 PM
Banned

You do whatever you need to do to feel better about being mean to people's children.  I will not be helping you with that process.

#67 of 67 Old 01-28-2012, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stik View Post

You do whatever you need to do to feel better about being mean to people's children.  I will not be helping you with that process.

She wasn't mean to your children.  I doubt she has met them  winky.gif.

peace all, literally.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page