32 million Americans now have antibodies that target their own tissues - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
1  2  3
Vaccinations > 32 million Americans now have antibodies that target their own tissues
marinak1977's Avatar marinak1977 11:37 AM 01-27-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taximom5 View Post



So go ahead--let your kids eat all the Aspartame-sweetened yogurt they want, and all the Aspartame-sweetened kids' drinks they can hold.

disappointed.gif This was mean, uncalled for, and totally uncool. Shameful.

Taximom5's Avatar Taximom5 01:35 PM 01-27-2012


Quote:
Originally Posted by marinak1977 View Post


disappointed.gif This was mean, uncalled for, and totally uncool. Shameful.

I really didn't intend it in a mean way.  Why would it be mean, if she doesn't believe that there are any problems with it?

 

However, since it was apparently possible  to interpret my post as being "mean," I certainly do apologize.
 

 


Taximom5's Avatar Taximom5 01:43 PM 01-27-2012

Back to the original topic, I found this:

 

Induction of rheumatoid arthritis by vaccination against hepatitis B—myth or reality?

http://ard.bmj.com/content/61/7/575.full

 

 

 

 

The rheumatic disorders described following hepatitis B vaccination are heterogeneous but can be divided into three groups. Firstly, transient conditions such as vasculitis, post-vaccinal arthritis or erythema nodosum might be due to the deposition of immune complexes containing viral antigen and anti-hepatitis B antibodies, as seen in some hepatitis B infections, or to hypersensitivity to components of the vaccine like thimesoral or yeast proteins.14,15Recently, the VAERS (Vaccination Adverse Events Reporting System) database (from July 1990 to August 1999) reported that hepatitis B vaccination was associated with a number of potentially serious arthritic adverse reactions, particularly in the adult female population (female/male ratio = 4.45/1).16 Secondly, it was recently suggested that macrophagic myofasciitis might be induced by intramuscular injection of vaccines containing aluminium hydroxide such as hepatitis B vaccine.17 Thirdly, there are reports of the onset of chronic autoimmune disease and, in particular, of RA.

 

stik's Avatar stik 01:58 PM 01-27-2012


Quote:
Originally Posted by Taximom5 View Post

I really didn't intend it in a mean way.  Why would it be mean, if she doesn't believe that there are any problems with it?

 

 



Because it portrayed my children as aspartame-guzzling brats. 

 

I appreciate the apology.  I was shocked that it took so long in coming.  I am shocked that the remark hasn't yet been edited out of your post, since it has no relevance to the topic at hand.  I will forever think badly of you for dragging my children into a conversation that had nothing to do with them in such a mean-spirited way. 

 

(And before you criticize me for being vindictive and unforgiving, please think about how you would feel if someone verbally attacked your children with no provocation.  Thank you.)

 

ETA: And while I'm still on the topic, let me just take a second to point out that I made MY objections to your statement clear days ago, and apparently that did not warrant an apology until SOMEONE ELSE complained.  I sure am glad her feelings count.  


Taximom5's Avatar Taximom5 04:39 PM 01-27-2012


Quote:
Originally Posted by stik View Post



Because it portrayed my children as aspartame-guzzling brats. 

 

I appreciate the apology.  I was shocked that it took so long in coming.  I am shocked that the remark hasn't yet been edited out of your post, since it has no relevance to the topic at hand.  I will forever think badly of you for dragging my children into a conversation that had nothing to do with them in such a mean-spirited way. 

 

(And before you criticize me for being vindictive and unforgiving, please think about how you would feel if someone verbally attacked your children with no provocation.  Thank you.)

 

ETA: And while I'm still on the topic, let me just take a second to point out that I made MY objections to your statement clear days ago, and apparently that did not warrant an apology until SOMEONE ELSE complained.  I sure am glad her feelings count.  

Stik, I in no way portrayed your kids as brats, nor did I say that they DID guzzle anything, with or without aspartame.  (What on EARTH does consuming aspartame-containing foods have to do with brattiness???)

 

I didn't "drag your children into it," nor did I attack them in any way.  My suggestion was that YOU (the parent) go ahead and allow your kids to eat and drink aspartame-containing foods if you don't believe that there are health problems associated with them.   This is a parenting forum, and what we do and don't allow our kids to do is certainly a common theme here.

Low-calorie yogurt, which I mentioned, is certainly not a food that one associates with "guzzling brats." Most of the well-educated moms I know think it's a very healthy food.  Yet, all low-calorie yogurt is sweetened with aspartame. Clearly, YOU are making an association that I was somehow attacking your kids, AND I WAS NOT.
 

You asked me to "leave your kids out of it," and I did.

 

Now you are complaining that I did not edit my post, and that I did not apologize sooner.

 

Perhaps you should apologize for misinterpreting my words?

 

If you really would like to further discuss this, perhaps you should pm me.  But if you already know all this and are just trying to draw me into an argument, please remember this:

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosaic View Post

Reign it in, y'all... this forum is geared toward newcomers who are just getting started in making their vaccination decision.
This is NOT the place to debate the origins of HIV, flouride, aspartame, etc.
You all are longtime members and know this already, so I thank you for bringing this back on topic. thumb.gif



stik's Avatar stik 06:01 PM 01-27-2012

You do whatever you need to do to feel better about being mean to people's children.  I will not be helping you with that process.


purslaine's Avatar purslaine 01:00 PM 01-28-2012


Quote:
Originally Posted by stik View Post

You do whatever you need to do to feel better about being mean to people's children.  I will not be helping you with that process.



She wasn't mean to your children.  I doubt she has met them  winky.gif.

 

peace all, literally.


1  2  3

Up