MMR doctor wins high court appeal - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-09-2012, 04:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-17283751

"A doctor found guilty of serious professional misconduct Over the MMR controversy has won his High Court appeal against being struck off."

http://www.ageofautism.com/2012/03/professor-john-walker-smith-exonerated-in-autism-mmr-case.html

"The welcome decision to exonerate Prof. Walker-Smith is a clear indication that the GMC's case against the Royal Free doctors was manufactured to discredit any association between bowel disease, autism conditions and some of the parents' reported link to the MMR vaccine. The allegations levelled at Prof. Walker-Smith and the Royal Free team now have to be viewed with total scepticism as nothing more than a witch hunt by vested interests at the highest level in Government, media and the pharmaceutical industry."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2012/mar/07/mmr-row-doctor-appeal

MMR row: high court rules doctor should not have been struck off
Striking off by General Medical Council of Professor John Walker-Smith for serious professional misconduct 'cannot stand'

An insightful comment from a reader ( "Beth" ) on The Age of Autism blog:

"It's important to remind anybody who will listen that children who do have reactions to their shots are NEVER studied. Never. Even and especially those children who have been compensated by the Vaccine Court, they have NEVER been studied to determine what it is about them, their unique make up that may have made them susceptible to injury from their vaccines. Why is that? My child's reaction happened in 2002 right after a round of shots. I'm still waiting on the call from a university research team to study her. I naively thought this would happen. That she would be a case study subject, that the experts would want to learn from her to make sure the immediate encephaletic brain injury reaction would not happen to another child. Of course back then I believed the myth that the chances of a reaction are one in a million too. Until this HUGE, GAPING hole in the body of knowledge of vaccine science is filled with meaningful and truthful information, then vaccine policy will remain dishonest medicine."
#2 of 3 Old 03-16-2012, 06:20 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

I'm really looking forward to see what happens next with Andrew Wakefield...

mom0810 likes this.
#3 of 3 Old 03-19-2012, 07:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dot-to-Dot View Post

I'm really looking forward to see what happens next with Andrew Wakefield...

So am I!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taximom5 View Post

Until this HUGE, GAPING hole in the body of knowledge of vaccine science is filled with meaningful and truthful information, then vaccine policy will remain dishonest medicine."

So true. We can hardly call vaccine science "science", can we?

member234098 likes this.

"Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."

~Captain Hammer (j/k, it was Plato)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page