CALIFORNIA BILL AB 2109 - URGENT - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 127 Old 09-04-2012, 04:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

How long does it take them to implement a bill like this, do you know?  My son is a junior in high school this year.  I so wish he could graduate next year before they implement it.

Also, do you know if the Governor signed it?  The last I heard it had gone to him to be signed, and people were being urged to call him, but that was about a week ago and I haven't heard anything more. 

#122 of 127 Old 09-04-2012, 05:40 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

The governor hasn't signed it yet.

It would go into effect January 1, 2014. My guess is that it will not be required until enrolling for the new school year starting summer/fall 2014.

#123 of 127 Old 09-06-2012, 01:31 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)

Interesting article in the LA Times about the current status of the bill: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/california-politics/2012/09/california-rob-schneider-vaccines.html

Mother of two living in UK. Daughter (2007) born in USA, son (2010) born here. I'm pro natural birth, midwife care, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby wearing and a keen advocate of cloth diapering. I'm a full time working research scientist (physical sciences) and I'm pro-vaccine.

#124 of 127 Old 09-06-2012, 07:33 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)

You're right.  That article is interesting.

I'm horrified to see such blantant lies, such as this:

"A few months ago, Pan met in the Capitol with Schneider. Brian O’Hara, a spokesman for Pan, said the conversation didn’t go well.

“It stalled out at times just because they’re really working off two different sets of data, one that comes from worldwide scientific opinion and the other that comes from a collection of celebrities,” he said."

No, the "other" set of data does not come from a collection of celebrities.  It also comes from worldwide scientific opinion--and it just happens to be the set of data from studies that were not funded by, directed by, interpreted by, tweaked by, and marketed by the vaccine industry itself.

If the only way for Pan to criticize the set of data that shows clear damage from vaccines is to LIE, and say that that data comes from celebrities when it actually comes from mainstream scientists and is published in peer-reviewed journals, etc., then that tells us everything we need to know about Assemblyman Richard Pan.  

Prosciencemum, thank you for showing us exactly what is going on.  Parents who start their vaccine research here can see the science showing vaccine damage, the lack of efficacy in vaccines, and on the other side, the lies from people like Richard Pan, and seeing those lies in print makes it that much easier to understand how firmly entrenched the propaganda is.

Mirzam, seaheroine and BeckyBird like this.
#125 of 127 Old 09-06-2012, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prosciencemum View Post
Interesting article in the LA Times about the current status of the bill: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/california-politics/2012/09/california-rob-schneider-vaccines.html

What do you find interesting in this article?

#126 of 127 Old 09-06-2012, 09:17 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Please read the facebook comments at the bottom of the article. You'll be pleasantly surprised! So far, the majority of comments are pro-vax-choice.

(I wonder how long it will be before the Gates Foundation begins its "counteracting misinformation communication campaigns" lol)

"Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."

~Captain Hammer (j/k, it was Plato)

#127 of 127 Old 09-06-2012, 09:25 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyBird View Post

Please read the facebook comments at the bottom of the article. You'll be pleasantly surprised! So far, the majority of comments are pro-vax-choice.

(I wonder how long it will be before the Gates Foundation begins its "counteracting misinformation communication campaigns" lol)

Too bad they don't realize that horse has left the stable already. Too late, the truth is already out there Bill.

BeckyBird likes this.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page