Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thin.
#572 of 586 Old 04-30-2012, 04:49 PM

So those who disagree with you and don't think vaccines are inherently dangerous aren't real mothers? I quoted you saying that people who don't question it aren't real mothers - explain please.

(and really, we all know that if someone pro vax had something similar to what you said, the post would have been removed. I've had people call me worse on this stupid forum and the mods always back up the non/anti vaxer. Non Vaxers can pretty well say whatever they want on this forum and never be reprimanded. Anyone who does vax tho must walk on eggshells to avoid being kicked out.... Wonder if the mods are all required to be anti vax?)
#573 of 586 Old 04-30-2012, 06:08 PM

It is pretty easy for tensions on either side to get heated and say things...

I think taxi was pretty upset by poster(s)? implying/saying her children's issues could not have been caused by vaccines, and essentially that her whole knowledge/understanding of her family's health is bunk. 

I'm not really sure, but I read her comments to be more aimed about possibility of troll/med student/shill whatever coming to "argue" on these boards. It happens all the time. I know that some non-vaxing members here have been "virtually" stalked by some people like this. She probably shouldn't have said it the way she did or at all. 

This thread is over anyway. Let it rest or take up with mods in pm.

purslaine and Jennyanydots like this.
#574 of 586 Old 04-30-2012, 06:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmommy View Post

I think taxi was pretty upset by poster(s)? implying/saying her children's issues could not have been caused by vaccines, and essentially that her whole knowledge/understanding of her family's health is bunk. 

I'm not really sure, but I read her comments to be more aimed about possibility of troll/med student/shill whatever coming to "argue" on these boards. It happens all the time. I know that some non-vaxing members here have been "virtually" stalked by some people like this. She probably shouldn't have said it the way she did or at all. 

SLMommy, in my many, many years around this forum, I have never seen a drug company shill on these boards.  I have seen med students and doctors here.  They come to hear other people's views and share their own, which is an entirely legitimate use of the MDC boards.  Are there trolls here?  Sometimes.  Do they invest hundreds of posts in providing links to research articles on topics under discussion?  No, they do not.  

If anyone is being stalked, that's an issue to bring to the mods, not to bring to posters who are attempting to engage in earnest discussion on a thread.  

#575 of 586 Old 04-30-2012, 06:47 PM

Look I was just trying to clarify what I think she meant by "real mothers" ... it wasn't aimed at parenting ability but possible intent? Or that's what I inferred from it anyway.  

As for the stalking, as far as I know that was dealt by pm and reporting, and has nothing to do with the posters in this thread or this thread. 

What do you guys want? Drudge through this thread now and, well she said, but she said, apologize, ok now you apologize? Let it go. Thread is over. Plenty of links for any interested parties to check out.

#576 of 586 Old 04-30-2012, 06:59 PM
Banned

Quote:

Look I was just trying to clarify what I think she meant by "real mothers" ... it wasn't aimed at parenting ability but possible intent? Or that's what I inferred from it anyway.  

As for the stalking, as far as I know that was dealt by pm and reporting, and has nothing to do with the posters in this thread or this thread. 

What do you guys want? Drudge through this thread now and, well she said, but she said, apologize, ok now you apologize? Let it go. Thread is over. Plenty of links for any interested parties to check out.

This is not the only thread in which it has been asserted that pro-vax posters are not real.  In the thread on the online vaccine class with Paul Offit, Taximom asserted that pro-vax posters were not real people.  Because we're not like the pro-vax people she knows in real life.  Why are you clarifying what Taximom meant?  Surely, if she feels like defending herself, she is capable.  

#577 of 586 Old 04-30-2012, 07:01 PM

I want to be able to express my opinion, even if it is a minority one, without the conversation becoming about me, personally.
#578 of 586 Old 04-30-2012, 07:07 PM

Sorry - Rrrrrachel said "thin"??? and Supersinglemama was still thinking Taxi was implying anyone who disagreed with her wasn't a good mother, even though I thought it was pretty clear that is not what she meant, as per her words above. But you're right, she can come and say more if she wants. Or you could read it again and think about it. 

I don't really see the purpose of continuing this. If you have a problem with the way the thread was moderated, take it up with a mod. Maybe this thread should be locked. 

#579 of 586 Old 04-30-2012, 08:19 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)

At least you weren't grouped into the same category as people who believed the earth was flat and maggots magically appeared from rotten meat.

Witnessing a vaccine reaction with your eyes is equivalent to dark-age ignorance, I suppose. Now that's a flag-worthy post, but I didn't flag it. It was her opinion, and in this section, she has the permission to express it.

purslaine and thegoodearth like this.

"Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."

~Captain Hammer (j/k, it was Plato)

#580 of 586 Old 04-30-2012, 09:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super~Single~Mama View Post

So those who disagree with you and don't think vaccines are inherently dangerous aren't real mothers? I quoted you saying that people who don't question it aren't real mothers - explain please.
No, that's not what I said. You didn't quote me, you mis-quoted me. Twice. Doing it once could possibly, with a big stretch, be explained by your misunderstanding my words, but twice would seem to be deliberate.
#581 of 586 Old 04-30-2012, 09:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stik View Post

SLMommy, in my many, many years around this forum, I have never seen a drug company shill on these boards.   

How exactly would you know if someone is a drug company shill? Do you know the personal identities and employers of everyone who posts?
#582 of 586 Old 04-30-2012, 09:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Thank you. I'm glad that you understood exactly what I meant, and where I was coming from, and I appreciate your taking the time to say so.
#583 of 586 Old 04-30-2012, 09:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I don't really see the purpose of continuing this. If you have a problem with the way the thread was moderated, take it up with a mod. Maybe this thread should be locked. 

I think that's the purpose of the straw man attack launched at my post. I think they're snarking here on this thread instead of pm-ing or discussing with the moderator in hopes of getting the thread locked.
BeckyBird likes this.
#584 of 586 Old 04-30-2012, 09:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stik View Post

This is not the only thread in which it has been asserted that pro-vax posters are not real.  In the thread on the online vaccine class with Paul Offit, Taximom asserted that pro-vax posters were not real people.    

You are deliberately misquoting me.
#585 of 586 Old 04-30-2012, 09:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyBird View Post

At least you weren't grouped into the same category as people who believed the earth was flat and maggots magically appeared from rotten meat.
Witnessing a vaccine reaction with your eyes is equivalent to dark-age ignorance, I suppose. Now that's a flag-worthy post, but I didn't flag it. It was her opinion, and in this section, she has the permission to express it.

Yes--that was one of the posts (by Stik, I believe) that upset me so much.
#586 of 586 Old 05-01-2012, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super~Single~Mama View Post

(and really, we all know that if someone pro vax had something similar to what you said, the post would have been removed. I've had people call me worse on this stupid forum and the mods always back up the non/anti vaxer. Non Vaxers can pretty well say whatever they want on this forum and never be reprimanded. Anyone who does vax tho must walk on eggshells to avoid being kicked out.... Wonder if the mods are all required to be anti vax?)

My family vaccinates, and I'm the only dedicated vax mod these days; so feel free to take your concerns to me via PM or to an admin.

Many of you have suggested that this thread has outlived its usefulness, and I agree. The issues and the research are real, however, and you're welcome to continue that discussion on a fresh thread. But the personal comments from both sides just muddy the discussion and aren't getting us anywhere, so this thread is getting locked.
BeckyBird likes this.

Mi vida loca: full-time WOHM, frugalista, foodie wannabe, 10+ years of TCOYF 

R-E-S-P-E-C-T spells BRAND NEW User Agreement!!

Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page