Paralysis Cases Continue to Rise; Experts Speak Out Against WHO and Gates - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 43 Old 04-23-2012, 02:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post

The assumption is being made that they weren't, so I'm asking where the evidence is for that. That's all. I think a parent that understands concepts like relative risk will take the small chance of a seizure over the much much greater chance of polio in a heart beat, yes. I think this is probably particularly stark in a country where polio is still a very recent and horrible memory, vs. here where things like that almost don't seem real.
I agree informed consent is a problem in the US, too many people have become passive in their medical care. We need to be responsible for doing research and asking lots and lots of questions to make sure we are being given evidence based medical care.

Do you think that parents are being told that a risk of the OPV is vaccine-induced polio?

A, jammin.gif mama to a boy (2005) and a girl (2009)
#32 of 43 Old 04-23-2012, 02:26 PM

Yes.
#33 of 43 Old 04-26-2012, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post

I haven't seen that, but you're right, there's no known advantage and it's hardly ideal, to say the least. Amazing that the incidence of vaccine derived polio and vaccine associated afp are so low, really, given those conditions. just remarkeable.
I think it's interesting this idea of "their parents should have a choice and informed consent" keeps coming up. Well of course they should, but where's the evidence they don't? Is it that implausible that people who have seen thousands of children killed and maimed in their lifetime would opt for the relatively minute risk of vaccination over the alternative?

Umm...did you even read the OP?

Maybe this article will help you grasp the severity of the problem? http://www.salem-news.com/articles/april182012/gates-vaccines-js.php

Quote:

“In 2011 there were an extra 47500 new cases of NPAFP [non-polio acute flaccid paralysis]. Clinically indistinguishable from polio paralysis but twice as deadly, the incidence of NPAFP was directly proportional to doses of oral polio received. Through this data was collected within the polio surveillance system, it was not investigated.”

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#34 of 43 Old 04-27-2012, 12:03 AM

Those statistics are very misleading. They list all cases of afp, whether they have anything to do with the vaccine or not.
#35 of 43 Old 04-27-2012, 12:26 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)

I have received a couple of reports about this thread. Having read through it, it seems to be a pretty good discussion. When members have strongly opposing points of view it can be difficult to not assume negativity and ulterior motives, but please avoid personally-pointed remarks and accusations in the discussion. You can have this conversation without making it personal and keeping it within the forum guidelines. smile.gif

#36 of 43 Old 04-27-2012, 04:58 PM

I'm really not sure how those numbers are misleading. There are 47,000+ EXTRA cases than would naturally be expected AND the incidence of both AFP and death increased as the number of vaccine doses increased. How does that not have anything to do with the vaccine?

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#37 of 43 Old 04-27-2012, 05:07 PM

There's no way those can reliably all be attributed to the opv.
#38 of 43 Old 04-27-2012, 06:19 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokonon View Post

Do you think that parents are being told that a risk of the OPV is vaccine-induced polio?

i was not informed of them back in '87 when my first son was vaxed for it..nor was i told of reactions to the DTP...no sheets were handed out, no lectures about vaccines,  no information at all, other than "He's due for his dtp and oral polio."   

#39 of 43 Old 04-27-2012, 06:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Predictable:

Deny the evidence. Deny some more.

Then deny again.

Everything related to vaccines is a-ok. No harm has ever been caused by a vaccine, and it ever will. The science of vaccines is final, more permanent than a Sharpie. Close the studies, move the funds elsewhere. There does not need to be any more research into the safety of any vaccine, whether it be new or old. Even the vaccines which have been proven to cause harm (OPV), well, that science was wrong. Because no vaccine can cause harm.

These new cases of paralysis must be genetic, or from tainted food, or something else. Anything else is to blame, but certainly not vaccines. It's only a coincidence, and nothing more.

"Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."

~Captain Hammer (j/k, it was Plato)

#40 of 43 Old 04-27-2012, 06:57 PM

No one has said that, certainly not me, but I'm not going to overreact to an article from an incredibly biased source, either. Especially when the story is different from more reliable sources actually inside the country.

#41 of 43 Old 04-28-2012, 04:44 PM

You are kidding, right? What about the chance of AFP and death increasing in direct relation to number of vaccine doses = "There's no way those can reliably all be attributed to the opv." in your mind?

As for the article being from a biased source (like pharma companies aren't biased) I've read similar information from at least 3 unrelated sources in the last few days.

BeckyBird likes this.

#42 of 43 Old 04-28-2012, 04:49 PM

There's clearly no point in discussing this. I said everything I had to say the first time around before the thread got resurrected.
#43 of 43 Old 04-28-2012, 08:34 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaskyla View Post

You are kidding, right? What about the chance of AFP and death increasing in direct relation to number of vaccine doses = "There's no way those can reliably all be attributed to the opv." in your mind?

As for the article being from a biased source (like pharma companies aren't biased) I've read similar information from at least 3 unrelated sources in the last few days.

Good points.

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page