Need help with religious exemption in NYC! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-29-2012, 06:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi All,

I moved from Philadelphia to NY and am having a difficult time navigating the vaccine exemptions. In Philadelphia, the philosophical exemption was a simple process, executed directly through our Waldorf School administrator... I didn't know what I was up against here! 

I have two children, one in Catholic elementary school and one in public high school. After failed attempts at a medical exemption, the elementary school principal gave us a letter to copy and submit... it was accepted. I presented a modified version of that letter for my high schooler, but it was rejected by the NYC Dept of Education. 

When I compare my letter to the guidelines I received from the NYC DOE, it seems to me as if it meets their criteria... but apparently it does not!

This is my last chance and I want to get it right! If anyone has information, or can provide support, I would be very grateful!

Thank you.

#2 of 3 Old 04-29-2012, 05:37 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm not in NY, so I don't know the answer... but I have seen MANY threads asking about NY exemptions, I think most are in the "I'm Not Vaccinating" Forum. I can recall several over the last 1-3 months. Take a look there or searching!

Good luck.

#3 of 3 Old 04-30-2012, 04:41 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Get ahold of this atty in NY who can assist you

http://www.patriciafinnattorney.com/vaccine-practice/

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page