Vaxxed vs. unvaxxed study - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 71 Old 06-07-2012, 07:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
And I think the blenderizing thing is nonsense.
#62 of 71 Old 06-07-2012, 08:11 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post

And I think the blenderizing thing is nonsense.

Really, on what basis? So all those people eating green or fruit smoothies are misguided?

Quote:

I'm suspicious of ALL diets like this, by the way. I don't believe in miracle foods that of you just add them to your diet your problems will be solved or in foods that are so awful they're causing all your problems. I don't think there's one right way to eat for everyone, but in general I think a variety of nutritious foods in sensible portions with occasional treats is common sense.

Isn't this what Blaylock is recommending? It is one of the least faddy cancer diets I have come across. 

Quote:

If Paul offit recommended it I would still wonder where the science was, but yes I'm suspicious of what blaylock is selling.

Okay, you admit bias. I am still waiting for the "science" which demonstrates eating lots of slightly cooked veggies is bad for you? 

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#63 of 71 Old 06-07-2012, 08:22 AM - Thread Starter

I'm not the one asserting that blenderizing is better or bone broth is miraculous. I only said there was no science to support it. I'm not going to be able to find a research study that says there's no research to support whatever nonsense blaylock is selling this week. If you think that means you got me or whatever than so be it.

I'm sure green smoothies are very healthy. If they get people to eat more vegetables that's awesome. However, I don't know that they're better for you than a salad or some regular cooked collards or kale.
#64 of 71 Old 06-07-2012, 08:26 AM - Thread Starter

Here's a pretty good rundown of the diet. On the surface it sounds fine, but he makes lots of claims I don't think are supported by science. As far as I know excitotoxin is a term he invented. I have no idea what a Christopher egg is.

http://www.paulshealthblog.com/2008/09/fat-cure-by-dr-russell-blaylock-md.html?m=1
#65 of 71 Old 06-07-2012, 08:31 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:

Here's a pretty good rundown of the diet. On the surface it sounds fine, but he makes lots of claims I don't think are supported by science. As far as I know excitotoxin is a term he invented. I have no idea what a Christopher egg is.
http://www.paulshealthblog.com/2008/09/fat-cure-by-dr-russell-blaylock-md.html?m=1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Excitotoxicity

Christopher eggs are high in Omega-3.

A, jammin.gif mama to a boy (2005) and a girl (2009)
#66 of 71 Old 06-07-2012, 08:33 AM

Quote:

I'm not the one asserting that blenderizing is better or bone broth is miraculous. I only said there was no science to support it. I'm not going to be able to find a research study that says there's no research to support whatever nonsense blaylock is selling this week. If you think that means you got me or whatever than so be it.

I'm sure green smoothies are very healthy. If they get people to eat more vegetables that's awesome. However, I don't know that they're better for you than a salad or some regular cooked collards or kale.

Rachel, this is not about me "getting" you. But I do get the impression you type before you think sometimes. If you had taken the time to read about the Blaylock diet, you would have seen it is really quite reasonable. Green smoothies are a way to consume a large quantity of green veggies; I actually think they are too high in fiber and not easily digested. I believe raw green veggie juices to be better for vitamin and mineral absorption. 

Back to vaxxed vs. unvaxxed study.

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#67 of 71 Old 06-07-2012, 08:40 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Excitotoxicity

Quote:

Excitotoxicity is the pathological process by which nerve cells are damaged and killed by excessive stimulation by neurotransmitters such as glutamate and similar substances. This occurs when receptors for the excitatory neurotransmitter glutamate (glutamate receptors) such as the NMDA receptor and AMPA receptor are overactivated. Excitotoxins like NMDA and kainic acid which bind to these receptors, as well as pathologically high levels of glutamate, can cause excitotoxicity by allowing high levels of calcium ions[2](Ca2+) to enter the cell. Ca2+ influx into cells activates a number of enzymes, including phospholipases,endonucleases, and proteases such as calpain. These enzymes go on to damage cell structures such as components of the cytoskeletonmembrane, and DNA.

Christopher eggs are a brand of egg high in Omega 3s. Personally, I would just buy local farm-sourced pastured, soy-free eggs.

#68 of 71 Old 06-07-2012, 08:49 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirzam View Post

Quote:Rachel, this is not about me "getting" you.

Then I have no idea why we are still talking about it. You think it's reasonable. I think it's silly. Oh well.
#69 of 71 Old 06-07-2012, 09:02 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirzam View Post

Quote:Rachel, this is not about me "getting" you.

Then I have no idea why we are still talking about you. You think it's reasonable. I think it's silly. Oh well.

Huh? Whatever.

#70 of 71 Old 06-07-2012, 01:52 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)

Keep off the personal stuff.  Take it to PM, or just don't go there.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#71 of 71 Old 06-07-2012, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter

I vote for option 2.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page