what are the cons of vaccinations? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#61 of 103 Old 06-01-2012, 11:21 AM
 
Bokonon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,975
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post

 

 

I don't know a lot about epigenetics, so bare with me, but I thought it, by definition, meant NOT changing DNA, just DNA expression?

 

Is changing DNA expression irrelevant?


A, jammin.gif mama to a boy (2005) and a girl (2009)
Bokonon is offline  
#62 of 103 Old 06-01-2012, 11:24 AM
 
Rrrrrachel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,154
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm just trying to understand the argument.  I thought it was that the DNA in vaccines would recombine with the recipient's DNA and re-write their DNA (at least one person has referred to this as creating hybrid human beings.)  Then the argument was that there was a contaminated batch of Polio vaccine that had a virus that can change DNA, this seems to be independent of the issue of human DNA in vaccines.  Both of these have been referred to as epigenetics, which I thought specifically meant NOT changing DNA but only gene expression.

Rrrrrachel is offline  
#63 of 103 Old 06-01-2012, 11:28 AM
 
Bokonon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,975
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post

I'm just trying to understand the argument.  I thought it was that the DNA in vaccines would recombine with the recipient's DNA and re-write their DNA (at least one person has referred to this as creating hybrid human beings.)  Then the argument was that there was a contaminated batch of Polio vaccine that had a virus that can change DNA, this seems to be independent of the issue of human DNA in vaccines.  Both of these have been referred to as epigenetics, which I thought specifically meant NOT changing DNA but only gene expression.

 

So you're patching together different posters' arguments to refute them as one, and then complaining that it doesn't make sense?

purslaine and BeckyBird like this.

A, jammin.gif mama to a boy (2005) and a girl (2009)
Bokonon is offline  
#64 of 103 Old 06-01-2012, 11:32 AM
Banned
 
stik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,942
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Yeah, I am really interested in the assertion that vaccines make hybrid humans.  I want to hear more about that.  I'm intrigued. 

 

I agree that all kinds of things affect our cells all the time, and sometimes the effects include cancer.  This is hardly a whole-body conversion though - people with cancer do not have 100% of their DNA messed up or replaced by viral DNA.  We're talking about a few cells that picked up a mutation somewhere, sometimes through perfectly natural errors in cell replication, and went rogue creating tumors and malignancies. 
 

stik is offline  
#65 of 103 Old 06-01-2012, 11:39 AM
 
Rrrrrachel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,154
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
No, bokonon, I'm just trying to clarify. If they're separate that's good to know.
AbbyGrant likes this.
Rrrrrachel is offline  
#66 of 103 Old 06-01-2012, 12:13 PM
 
beckybird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Shattered Paradigm
Posts: 1,833
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Ok, 1 person said "hybrid", and nobody claimed "100% of DNA messed up or replaced by viral DNA".

 

The fact remains-DNA can be altered by viruses.

 

Now, on the subject of hybrids....this is very interesting, and I too would love to learn more. My question is this--if a virus can alter DNA, and a virus from a vaccine can alter DNA, what happens when the virus is mixed with foreign DNA and injected? I gave a few examples where foreign DNA was introduced via virus, so it's within the realm of possibility. Real-life SciFi!


               "Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."

                ~Captain Hammer (j/k, it was Plato)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

beckybird is online now  
#67 of 103 Old 06-01-2012, 12:59 PM
 
Rrrrrachel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,154
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
There's no evidence the attenuated viruses in vaccines can alter DNA. Not all viruses are created equal.
Rrrrrachel is offline  
#68 of 103 Old 06-01-2012, 01:07 PM
 
beckybird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Shattered Paradigm
Posts: 1,833
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

When you say "there's no evidence", do you mean there have been experiments which prove the vaccine viruses absolutely do NOT alter DNA? Or, do you mean there is nothing in current scientific literature to suggest this, therefore there is no evidence?

 

When I hear the phrase "there's no evidence", I always want to follow it with the word "YET"!!


               "Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."

                ~Captain Hammer (j/k, it was Plato)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

beckybird is online now  
#69 of 103 Old 06-01-2012, 01:24 PM
 
Rrrrrachel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,154
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's difficult to sort out because people came into the conversation part way through and seemed to be agreeing with a previous poster but really they were just bringing up another issue, I guess.
Rrrrrachel is offline  
#70 of 103 Old 06-01-2012, 01:25 PM
 
Rrrrrachel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,154
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
There's no evidence, to me, means there's no research or theoretical science to support it. Not that there's evidence against it.

Theres no evidence vegetables cause pregnancy. Yet.
prosciencemum likes this.
Rrrrrachel is offline  
#71 of 103 Old 06-01-2012, 06:25 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Cover letter he!!
Posts: 6,548
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post


Theres no evidence vegetables cause pregnancy. Yet.

*applause* *standing ovation* *applause*
Super~Single~Mama is offline  
#72 of 103 Old 06-01-2012, 06:33 PM
 
purslaine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,937
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post

There's no evidence, to me, means there's no research or theoretical science to support it. Not that there's evidence against it.

 

 

Too much openness and you accept every notion, idea, and hypothesis—which is tantamount to knowing nothing. Too much skepticism—especially rejection of new ideas before they are adequately tested—and you're not only unpleasantly grumpy, but also closed to the advance of science. A judicious mix is what we need. 
shiningpearl and BeckyBird like this.
purslaine is offline  
#73 of 103 Old 06-01-2012, 07:52 PM
 
beckybird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Shattered Paradigm
Posts: 1,833
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post

There's no evidence, to me, means there's no research or theoretical science to support it. Not that there's evidence against it.
Theres no evidence vegetables cause pregnancy. Yet.

Why do vegetables always enter the conversation?


               "Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."

                ~Captain Hammer (j/k, it was Plato)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

beckybird is online now  
#74 of 103 Old 06-01-2012, 08:21 PM
 
amnesiac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: at the end of the longest line
Posts: 4,984
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Maybe it would help to elaborate on exactly what is meant by "viruses alter DNA" and to explain the mechanism by which that alteration occurs?

Maybe that dialogue would be helpful for those evaluating whether that particular issue is pertinent or is a "con" of vaxing?
AbbyGrant likes this.
amnesiac is offline  
#75 of 103 Old 06-02-2012, 04:01 AM
 
AbbyGrant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 741
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

      Quote:

Originally Posted by kathymuggle View Post

Too much openness and you accept every notion, idea, and hypothesis—which is tantamount to knowing nothing. Too much skepticism—especially rejection of new ideas before they are adequately tested—and you're not only unpleasantly grumpy, but also closed to the advance of science. A judicious mix is what we need. 

 

I don't see what that has to do with what Rrrrrachel said.

AbbyGrant is offline  
#76 of 103 Old 06-02-2012, 09:11 AM
 
beckybird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Shattered Paradigm
Posts: 1,833
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Well, since we don't know everything about DNA,  it might be premature to suggest that "There's no evidence the attenuated viruses in vaccines can alter DNA." There's no evidence.....yet!

(If you talk about vegetables one more time, be careful, because your head might turn into a cabbage.)

 

This idea was rejected before it was adequately tested. Why is there no evidence? Has it been adequately tested in order to come to this conclusion? If so, where are the tests? I'm asking, because I haven't found any. Maybe someone can tell me where the tests are that prove this lack of evidence. The lack of evidence that the live viruses in vaccines mixed with foreign DNA could cause some kind of harm. Where is that evidence? (apparently it is located in Rrrrachel's vegetable crisper.)

I, Becky, do not find the years of "safe vaccination" to be proof.

................................................................................................................................................................................................................

And, since I'm nursing at the keyboard, I have a few uninterrupted minutes to finish (I'm never going to wean this kid)......

................................................................................................................................................................................................................. Genetically modified foods were unleashed on the public before any human safety tests were conducted. Monsanto: "There is no need to test the safety of DNA introduced into GM crops". http://www.monsanto.com/newsviews/Pages/food-safety.aspx#q2

 

*So, we are learning of the harmful effects of GMO's from...drumroll......adverse reactions in animals (farm & lab animals) that are fed the GMO's. Scratching head...hmm, so if this hurts animals, what does it to do people? Maybe safety tests are in order?

 

*No, according to Monsanto, they are not. The FDA, in Monsanto's back pocket? Forget about that too. http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/02/29/MNEN1NDVO3.DTL

 

If there are no "Official" safety studies on the DNA in our food, then is it safe to assume there are no "Official" safety studies on the DNA in our sacred cow vaccines? Are there any acceptable safety--Pro Science--studies? Where's the real science I hear so much about on these forums???


               "Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."

                ~Captain Hammer (j/k, it was Plato)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

beckybird is online now  
#77 of 103 Old 06-02-2012, 09:37 AM
 
beckybird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Shattered Paradigm
Posts: 1,833
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Which brings me to answer the question, "What are the CONS of vaccination?"

My opinion, mine alone, I do not speak for the entire community of non-vaccinating parents.....

 

  I do not have any faith in the CDC or FDA--the organizations that are supposed to protect us. I don't like them, and I don't trust them. No Faith! We, the people of the USA (can't speak for other countries) are expected to believe in these organizations, and make health decisions based on their recommendations. I have no faith in them.

  

   Now, does this mean every pediatrician, doctor, lab researcher, etc. is involved in some huge conspiracy to harm the public? No, and if you suggest this, then you are deliberately trying to steer the issue into sketchy territory. No, the health professionals are given info to pass on to their patients. The researchers are given experiments to run. These are good, hard working people. I have a problem with the people at the top--the ones who make public policies, who profit off of the drugs recommended, who are involved in revolving door relationships. The ones who give the info to the doctors and researchers.

 

   If you look at the cancer "industry" you will see examples of expensive drugs/surgeries that are recommended over cheaper, often more helpful natural remedies. I read a lot about cancer, health, and nutrition, and the cancer industry is in the business of making money--at the expense of the patient's health and well-being. Yeah, I said it. I believe in the pharma conspiracy to keep people ill so their drugs can be sold. That's what I believe, and I'm not a bad person for saying it. If you ever listen to people who have left the pharmaceutical industry or government health organizations, they'll say the same thing. So, I've chosen to listen to the whistleblowers over the ones currently in office making policies. I've chosen to listen to the former pharma reps and former researchers who tell the truth about the industry. I listen to them, instead of the ones who are currently in the industry and rely on their salaries to pay their bills.

 

I listen to the "formers" instead of the "currently employeds". Their stories ring true to me, so I listen. My choice, and I'm honest about it. I just don't have enough faith in the current health recommendations, including but not limited to, vaccines.

 

I'm not going to argue with anyone who disagrees. Go ahead and make fun of me. Enjoy yourself.  I don't want to give links to support my decision, because I've done so previously. If you want my reasons, look into my post history and you'll find tons of links.  This is what I've found to be true, and it is my opinion.

purslaine likes this.

               "Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."

                ~Captain Hammer (j/k, it was Plato)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

beckybird is online now  
#78 of 103 Old 06-02-2012, 10:00 AM
Banned
 
stik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,942
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Scientist don't test every conceivable theory. First, there has to be some sort of proposed mechanism that would explain why one thing would affect another. What is the mechanism through which a vaccine might change a recipient's DNA? It's a tiny quantity of a dead virus injected into a muscle.

I'm clinging to hope that Mirzam will come back and explain her perspective on the hybrid thing.
stik is offline  
#79 of 103 Old 06-02-2012, 10:42 AM
 
beckybird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Shattered Paradigm
Posts: 1,833
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

If I'm going to eat it or have it injected into me, I would like to know it's been completely tested. I'm not satisfied with the tests so far.

 

The amount of virus is tiny, but somehow your body learns to recognize it, right? So, what else can the tiny virus do in your body? What can the foreign DNA do? If scientists are going to put shrimp on treadmills, it's not so far-fetched to have them fully test the combination of virus  & DNA in vaccines (and DNA in gmo food while they're at it.) If there are no tests yet, I would rather wait until there are before I use the product.


               "Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."

                ~Captain Hammer (j/k, it was Plato)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

beckybird is online now  
#80 of 103 Old 06-02-2012, 11:13 AM
Banned
 
stik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,942
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Have scientists put shrimp on treadmills? What were they studying? Did they publish? Do you have a link? I'm intrigued.
stik is offline  
#81 of 103 Old 06-02-2012, 11:13 AM
 
Rrrrrachel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,154
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I wonder how you find anything to eat. I'm still waiting for those tests on the safety of vegetables. Those things scare me.
Rrrrrachel is offline  
#82 of 103 Old 06-02-2012, 11:15 AM
 
Rrrrrachel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,154
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
There is not DNA in vaccines in the way you seem to be implying. There are tiny amounts of extremely fractured and disrupted DNA. It can't do anything. It's totally inert. It's like wanting a study on what saline will do.
Rrrrrachel is offline  
#83 of 103 Old 06-02-2012, 11:54 AM
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Cover letter he!!
Posts: 6,548
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post

There is not DNA in vaccines in the way you seem to be implying. There are tiny amounts of extremely fractured and disrupted DNA. It can't do anything. It's totally inert. It's like wanting a study on what saline will do.

Yeah, it's not so much DNA as it is individual nucleotides, that mean nothing and do nothing without the entire DNA sequence. They can't do anything unless they are strung together in the double helix, and even if there was an entire gene in the vaccine it wouldn't be inserting itself into your DNA.
Super~Single~Mama is offline  
#84 of 103 Old 06-02-2012, 12:10 PM
 
purslaine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,937
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stik View Post

Have scientists put shrimp on treadmills? What were they studying? Did they publish? Do you have a link? I'm intrigued.

DNA is found in vaccines, albeit in tiny amounts.  I am not sure why you are surprised people want to discuss it, or see studies on it, particularly since they are being asked to inject it into themselves and their children.  Hardly shirmp on treadmills - but if you find any studies on shrimp on treadmills, please share.

purslaine is offline  
#85 of 103 Old 06-02-2012, 12:36 PM
 
AbbyGrant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 741
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stik View Post

Have scientists put shrimp on treadmills? What were they studying? Did they publish? Do you have a link? I'm intrigued.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMO8Pyi3UpY

AbbyGrant is offline  
#86 of 103 Old 06-02-2012, 12:37 PM
Banned
 
stik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,942
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I absolutely understand why people want to discuss DNA. I don't personally think it's a concern, but I can see why the topic is compelling and why others are concerned. Also, I really want to hear more about the hybrid thing.

Becky said scientists were putting shrimp on treadmills, which is why I asked. That sounds fascinating too.
stik is offline  
#87 of 103 Old 06-02-2012, 12:46 PM
 
purslaine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,937
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stik View Post


Becky said scientists were putting shrimp on treadmills, which is why I asked. That sounds fascinating too.

 

I must have missed that, lol.

 

Off to search…..

purslaine is offline  
#88 of 103 Old 06-02-2012, 01:54 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Cover letter he!!
Posts: 6,548
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
AbbyGrant that's hilarious!!
Super~Single~Mama is offline  
#89 of 103 Old 06-02-2012, 09:17 PM
 
amnesiac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: at the end of the longest line
Posts: 4,984
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyBird View Post

If I'm going to eat it or have it injected into me, I would like to know it's been completely tested. I'm not satisfied with the tests so far.

What would constitute satisfactory testing to you?
amnesiac is offline  
#90 of 103 Old 06-02-2012, 09:59 PM
 
beckybird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Shattered Paradigm
Posts: 1,833
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Well, there have been NO safety tests on genetically modified food, straight from Monsanto's website. So I try to avoid them whenever I can.

 

As for vaccines, I am not satisfied at all with the current safety tests. We've been over this discussion many times, and my answer is the same. There have never been true safety studies on the full recommended schedule. I know, it's unethical, but that doesn't change the fact that there are no true studies. At least, the studies are unacceptable to Me.

 

Even an animal study, to learn what happens when a full series of adjuvants are injected, would be a start. How do all of the combined, injected adjuvants affect the mammalian system? We can test other drugs on animals, so why not adjuvants? Scientists are testing cancer therapies on animals as we speak, right now.  I know not all viruses affect animals the same way they affect humans, so that's a tricky one. But adjuvants, I assume, would damage mammals in similar ways. So, where are the adjuvant tests? One group injected with a full series of adjuvants, and one group injected with nothing? Compare the the 2 groups. Do the same study with gmo food while you're at it. Pretty simple if you ask me. As far as I know, and I would be glad to be shown otherwise, these tests do not exist.

 

Or, find 2 groups of willing parents. parents who have decided not to vaccinate, and parents who have decided to fully vaccinate. Throughout each round of vaccines, starting at birth, compare the groups. Take blood samples, hair samples, samples from any place that would be helpful. Have the parents document every time the child goes to the doctor. The parents must be as cooperative as possible, and report everything--milestones, injuries, illnesses, regressions, etc. This kind of study would satisfy me. It's a start.


               "Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."

                ~Captain Hammer (j/k, it was Plato)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

beckybird is online now  
Reply

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off