what are the cons of vaccinating? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 93 Old 06-02-2012, 03:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'll let you know next time I see something. Ive pointed out plenty in the past, goodness knows.
#62 of 93 Old 06-02-2012, 03:52 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post

I'll let you know next time I see something. Ive pointed out plenty in the past, goodness knows.

So exactly what "misinformation" were you referring to in this particular thread?
#63 of 93 Old 06-02-2012, 04:27 PM

I don't think I was but the two threads are kind of mixed together in my head do if have to look I be sure. I was referring I my motivation for discussing vaccines around here in general.
#64 of 93 Old 06-02-2012, 05:30 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post

Well hardly anybody I know does, there's that different planet thing again.

I have a problem with this. It's not nice to say she's on a different planet, not once, but twice now. It bothered me the first time, and repeating it is rude.

purslaine likes this.

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

#65 of 93 Old 06-02-2012, 05:37 PM

Your objection is noted.
#66 of 93 Old 06-02-2012, 05:56 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Lots of people have been rude and have liked rude comments around here. 2whistle.gif  I think picking on one person about it is sort of a double standard.

Anyway, some of the stuff people say here and online in general makes me feel like I live on a different plant than them. That's not necessarily rude. Just means our realities are very different.

#67 of 93 Old 06-02-2012, 06:23 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)

Well, I suppose in a way, my experience (having had severe vaccine reactions, and having children who also have had severe vaccine reactions) does give me a very different perspective than some people.

Funny, though--none of the people I've met (colleagues, parents of my kids' classmates, neighbors, etc) have ever seemed to think that I'm on a different planet.  Not even the nurses and doctors, most of whom are about as pro-vaccine as you can get.  Most of the comments I've gotten were along the lines of, "If I'd known you before I vaxed my kids, I would have done a lot more research BEFORE going ahead with vaccines."  

I do feel a bit attacked by the insinuation that I am from a different planet because so many of the people on my planet in my town have autoimmune disorders, especially after I've posted mainstream studies and reports showing what an enormous segment of the general population is on medication, and especially for autoimmune disorders.

I'm also a bit taken aback at seeing a statement that asthma, eczema, and allergy don't count as autoimmune disorders. Here is a mainstream, peer-reviewed study that relates to that subject:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14646381

Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2003 Nov;132(3):210-4.

Asthma as a paradigm for autoimmune disease.

Source

Division of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, HaEmek Medical Center, Afula, Israel.

"Allergy and autoimmunity result from dysregulation of the immune system. ...

...The presence of autoantibodies in some allergic diseases suggests an autoimmune basis for these conditions. Because of the central role T cells play in immune reactivity, the T cell receptor loci have long been considered important candidates for a common disease susceptibility within the immune system such as asthma, atopy, and autoimmunity. Immunomodulation is the key to successful treatment of asthma and autoimmune conditions."

#68 of 93 Old 06-02-2012, 06:26 PM

I believe I said we were on different planets from each other, not that you were on a different planet. My point is we have radically different perspectives that seem unlikely to change. Some things are worth engaging on and some things aren't.
#69 of 93 Old 06-02-2012, 06:28 PM

Also, let's be clear, I don't have any kind of authority when it comes to autoimmune diseases. I was asked my opinion and I gave it. It was not an expert one. It was a tangential point, anyway.
#70 of 93 Old 06-02-2012, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbyGrant View Post

Lots of people have been rude and have liked rude comments around here. 2whistle.gif  I think picking on one person about it is sort of a double standard.

I agree that both sides can be rude.

I think one has to be careful ascribing value to a "like" button.

I asked on TAO if people have to agree with the entire post to hit the thumbs up button, and the consensus seemed to be "no."

Some said it was the spirit of the post, some said they "liked it" even if they disagreed with it, but thought it was gracious or well written, some did it willy-nilly and one good line was enough to make them "like" it.  The answers were all over the board.  

poppylove likes this.
#71 of 93 Old 06-02-2012, 07:12 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Auto immune disorders... there are theories flying around but they have yet to pinpoint exactly how they come about.  Since I was diagnosed with one and numerous people in my family have them I wasn't shocked to find out it's possibly hereditary.  Nor was I shocked to find out that an auto immune disease can lay dorment in the body until it is triggered.  And this isnt' me pulling it out of my ass here.

A virus, bacteria, physical or mental trauma can cause an AI to come out of it's dormancy.   I was not vaccinated as a child and neither were most of my family members.  Not until my generation did we decide to vaccinate.  The time frame my AI disorder popped up was after a physical trauma to my body.  Fractured vertebrae.  My mothers was after getting the flu and being in a car accident at the same time.  My brothers health started going down hill after the Anthrax shot, he didn't get them all as they stopped his dosage after his hair fell out and his throat swelled.  There are many factors involved in AI's and the lack of knowledge concerning them is scary and quite interesting.  I think it's best to go with knowing what we don't know and finding evidence on what we do.

#72 of 93 Old 06-02-2012, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymuggle View Post

I think one has to be careful ascribing value to a "like" button.

I asked on TAO if people have to agree with the entire post to hit the thumbs up button, and the consensus seemed to be "no."

That thread must have gone on more after I read it then because I did not get that when I read it. It seemed people needed to agree with it for the most part. Anyway, I wouldn't like a post if there was something offensive in it that I didn't agree with even if I agreed with a lot of the post. If I wouldn't feel comfortable posting it or quoting it and yeah thating it, I usually wouldn't like it.  There are lots of posts here on this forum by people I generally agree with that I've been tempted to like but there is a line or so that I couldn't go with. So, yes, I will ascribe value to people's likes. Guilt by association and all that.

ETA - and I remember at least one person on that thread saying if there was a part they didn't feel comfortable liking, then they would quote the part they agreed with and make a post to comment.

edited to fix quote

#73 of 93 Old 06-02-2012, 08:24 PM

Quote:

Guilt by association and all that.

Go ahead.  You can assume what I mean by a like.  You will anyways.

Please block me.  I am tired of arguing with you over everything.  I will do likewise.

#74 of 93 Old 06-02-2012, 08:25 PM

Again Kathy Abby... DANCE OFF!  You'll feel better.

#75 of 93 Old 06-02-2012, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imakcerka View Post

Again Kathy Abby... DANCE OFF!  You'll feel better.

I am not sure how we can do a virtual dance off.

I do have a Just Dance wii game…

You are sweet to try to make peace, though.  smile.gif

Abby:

Oh, and I double checked - excluding me, we have two who said they "like it" if they like the spirit of the post, one who said she used it indiscriminately and one who will like a post she disagrees with but thinks is respectful/gracious.  So…50/50 on agreeing with it - and even then they said spirit of the post, which is a pretty vague statement.

#76 of 93 Old 06-02-2012, 08:40 PM

Quote:

Oh, and I double checked - excluding me, we have two who said they "like it" if they like the spirit of the post (which does not, to me, mean agreeing with every little thing.  YMMV), one who said she used it indiscriminately and one who will like a post she disagrees with but thinks is respectful/gracious.  So…50/50 on agreeing with it - and even then they said spirit of the post, not every line.    

Well that's interesting, but I really can't imagine liking a post with a line it in it that I really disagreed with.  Not agreeing completely with every little line, sure.  Thinking a line is really inappropriate, not so much. 

#77 of 93 Old 06-02-2012, 08:41 PM

Quote:

Go ahead.  You can assume what I mean by a like.  You will anyways.

Please block me.  I am tired of arguing with you over everything.  I will do likewise.

Kathy, things aren't all about you. Believe it or not, I wasn't even thinking about you when I made my original comment about liking.

Feel free to block me and quit responding to me if I upset you. As for the stalking, believe me, you are not that important to me to spend time stalking you.  I just disagree with a lot of what you've had to say lately, and I've been speaking up more, and I'm tired of the double standards.

ETA - oh I see you took the bit out about stalking. oh well, it was there which is why I mentioned it.

#78 of 93 Old 06-02-2012, 08:56 PM

Quote:

Kathy, things aren't all about you. Believe it or not, I wasn't even thinking about you when I made my original comment about liking.

It was the guilt by association line that ticked me off.  That was aimed at me - you addressed me (post 72)  and I am the only one on this thread talking about "like buttons" with you.  Moreover, even when I demonstrated that not everyone uses the like button the same way - you refused to budge and are still claiming "guilt by association".  Way to go for not assuming negative intent.

I never thought your original post on liking was aimed at me.  That is your assumption.   I responded to it (post 70) that is what we do on a discussion forum but my response was hardly volatile.

I meant it about the blocking, though.  You and I miscommunicate too much and it is not worth the drama.  

Bye and take care (no snark)

BeckyBird likes this.
#79 of 93 Old 06-02-2012, 09:10 PM

Quote:

It was the guilt by association line that ticked me off.  That was aimed at me - you addressed me (post 72)  and I am the only one on this thread talking about "like buttons" with you.  Moreover, even when I demonstrated that not everyone uses the like button the same way - you refused to budge and are still claiming "guilt by association".  Way to go for not assuming negative intent.

I never thought your original post on liking was aimed at me.  That is you assumption.   

I meant it about the blocking, though.  You and I miscommunicate too much and it is not worth the drama.  

Aimed at you?  Why in the world would you assume that?  I was speaking generally about how I feel about likes. 

And I'm not sure why you say "refusing to budge" when what I was doing was stating my opinion about the matter in response to your assertion that one should not ascribe value to likes. I just have a different opinion than you, and your TAO thread didn't sway me.

And I meant it when I said feel free to block me.  That doesn't mean I have to block you though.

#80 of 93 Old 06-02-2012, 09:18 PM

Quote (from the like box):
she does single you out quite a bit., on several different threads.

Because I disagree with a lot of what she's had to say lately, BeckyBird.  It's not like I'm picking specifically on kathy for kicks or something. 

#81 of 93 Old 06-02-2012, 09:33 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)

Yes, you do disagree with her a lot lately.

purslaine likes this.

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

#82 of 93 Old 06-03-2012, 05:57 AM

Removed  per request.
#83 of 93 Old 06-03-2012, 06:15 AM

#84 of 93 Old 06-03-2012, 06:18 AM

#85 of 93 Old 06-03-2012, 06:31 AM

#86 of 93 Old 06-03-2012, 09:38 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)

The personal stuff needs to go to PM. This thread is "what are the cons of vaccinations?" and posts should be centered around that, not around personal issues between members here or elsewhere. Please take it to PM or you may lose your Vaccinations forum posting privileges.

AbbyGrant likes this.

#87 of 93 Old 06-03-2012, 10:39 AM

Obviously my dance of suggestion was ignored. 

purslaine, AbbyGrant and poppylove like this.
#88 of 93 Old 06-03-2012, 11:34 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)

I am going to reiterate what Cynthia said.

I am going to add this: DO NOT bring other board business over here. We as mods and admins judge you on what you do HERE, on MDC.  Most people belong to other boards, at the very least Facebook or Twitter, and post about goings on here.  Heck, people discuss it with their families.  While I understand it is frustrating, we cannot police the internet, and we also don't want this board to turn into a "debate what who said where" board.  That isn't the point.

That being said, if it becomes apparent that you are exhibiting a pattern of picking on one person, or posting in one forum repeatedly to stir up trouble, you will be removed from that forum or thread - possibly the whole board.  That kind of behavior is not tolerated on MDC.

The forums are for discussions of topics, not each other, other member's posting habits or anything else personally pointed.

As far as I am concerned, everyone on this forum has gotten several warnings.  If this continues, I will begin to give folks a vacation from this forum.  

One_Girl, AbbyGrant and Rrrrrachel like this.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#89 of 93 Old 06-04-2012, 12:45 PM

#90 of 93 Old 06-04-2012, 05:24 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthia Mosher View Post

The personal stuff needs to go to PM. This thread is "what are the cons of vaccinations?" and posts should be centered around that, not around personal issues between members here or elsewhere. Please take it to PM or you may lose your Vaccinations forum posting privileges.

I am quoting this, and adding a request.  If you are talking about other members in a personal way - you will need to edit your post.

Talk about what they said, where they linked to - but speculation on who is doing what needs to go.  ASAP.

AbbyGrant likes this.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

Tags
Delayed Vaccination , Selective Vaccination

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page