Peanut oil as adjuvant in vaccines???? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 05-30-2012, 08:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Does anyone have any links on whether peanut oil (or other legume oil) is found in any vaccines?

TIA!

Kathy

#2 of 19 Old 05-30-2012, 08:33 PM

Why would you be wondering?  Just curious :)

Midwife mama bellycast.gif to DD1 bouncy.gif (4.5) and DD2 h20homebirth.gif (1.5)
#3 of 19 Old 05-30-2012, 08:59 PM

Quoted: 67 Post(s)

http://ukpmc.ac.uk/articles/PMC2130368/

"A comparison was made of the antibody response and subjective reactions to zonally-purified influenza vaccine in aqueous suspension and in peanut oil adjuvant 65-4. "  So any vaccine listing adjuvant 65-4 would mean that specific (peanut oil) adjuvant?

from June, 1980 (before the rate of peanut allergy began to drastically increase):

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC551041/

"Studies were conducted in mice, hamsters, sheep, and two species of nonhuman primates which demonstrate the adjuvant activity of a new metabolizable lipid emulsion with marginally immunogenic doses of Formalin-inactivated viral vaccines. The lipid base consists of highly refined peanut oil emulsified in aqueous vaccines with glycerol and lecithin....This lipid formulation has several advantages over other water-in-oil adjuvants for potential use in humans. The components are metabolizable or normal host constituents, it is easily emulsified with aqueous vaccines by gentle agitation, and it is relatively nonreactogenic in recipients."

http://www.peanutallergy.com/boards/general-discussion/main-discussion-board/peanut-allergy-and-the-role-of-vaccination

http://www.thedoctorwithin.com/allergies/vaccines-and-the-peanut-allergy-epidemic/

http://vactruth.com/2010/07/15/non-disclosed-hyper-allergenic-vaccine-adjuvant/

http://www.vaccinetruth.org/peanut_oil.htm

And vaccines in the animals we eat:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8363505 (from 1993)

Efficacy of experimental animal and vegetable oil-emulsion vaccines for Newcastle disease and avian influenza.

"An inactivated avian influenza vaccine formulated from peanut oil induced protection against morbidity and death when vaccinated chickens were challenged with a virulent isolate of avian influenza virus."

#4 of 19 Old 05-31-2012, 05:56 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukuspot View Post

Why would you be wondering?  Just curious :)

Someone mentioned it on another thread. A quick google search did not answer the question - so I thought I would ask here.  

#5 of 19 Old 05-31-2012, 06:14 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I posted a link in the other thread, but you can easily find all the ingredients of various vaccines on the CDC website.  Peanut oil is not among them.  I believe the only adjuvant actually used are aluminum salts and squalene.  I'm sure we're all aware that animal experimentation does not equate to implementation in humans.

#6 of 19 Old 05-31-2012, 04:32 PM

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1054729, 1975

A comparison was made of the antibody response and subjective reactions to zonally-purified influenza vaccine in aqueous suspension and in peanut oil adjuvant 65-4.

According to http://vactruth.com/2010/07/15/non-disclosed-hyper-allergenic-vaccine-adjuvant/

"Peanut oil is a hidden and non-stated ingredient in the manufacture of children’s vaccines."

"Maybe because the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) considers refined peanut oil as GRAS (generally recognized as safe), vaccine manufacturers think it safe to use as a vaccine adjuvant while not recognizing the differences in physiology and function between food protein sources that are gut-digested from those syringed directly into the bloodstream. That issue could wind up becoming a critical learning for much of medicine, pharmaceutical and vaccine makers."

"Further validation of peanut oil in a vaccine appeared in The New York Times, Business Financial Section page 31, September 19, 1964, under the headline:

Peanut Oil Use In A New Vaccine.” It labeled peanut oil the key ingredient in Adjuvant 65 that was patented by Merck & Co., Inc. in September 1964. Ironically that article by Stacy V. Jones began with “A pharmaceutical manufacturer has developed a vaccine that it predicts will considerably lengthen immunity from influenza and other virus infections, thereby requiring fewer ‘shots’.” So much for their crystal ball gazing about fewer shots. If anything, they have manufactured and been influential in mandating more vaccinations than ever. Incidentally, Adjuvant 65, as a stand-alone product, supposedly is no longer used in the manufacture of vaccines in the United States."

http://vactruth.com/2011/06/08/part-2-of-3-an-interview-about-vaccines-with-helen-v-ratajczak-phd/:

In the 1968 Hong Kong influenza pandemic, a new vaccine preparation was tested. In a publication in 1969, it is stated an influenza vaccine in adjuvant 65 (made with peanut oil) increased the antibody response to influenza virus even when the antigen was reduced 4-fold or more. In addition, the use of the adjuvant gives a considerable broadening of antibody response against diverse serotypes. At the time of publication, the authors state the vaccine in adjuvant 65 had been given to more than 16000 persons without untoward effect. In addition, no pyrogenic or other systemic reaction has been noted to follow vaccine in adjuvant 65, in contrast to the reaction which sometimes follows aqueous vaccine (Hilleman, 1969)."

"When a vaccine is given, an immune response follows. This response can be specific for any of the components of the vaccine, including the source of oil in the adjuvant. In this case, that would be the peanut. Therefore, a vaccine containing peanut oil could cause allergy to the peanut. The “inactive” components of the vaccine need not be listed on the ingredients list (Gregory, 2009). [CJF emphasis]"

applejuice likes this.
#7 of 19 Old 05-31-2012, 04:43 PM

It also looks like peanut oil might be an ingredient in other drugs given to infants:

from http://articles.boston.com/keyword/penicillin

Working in the Army Medical Corps at Walter Reed General Hospital during World War II, Mr. Romansky developed a method for administering penicillin in a mixture of beeswax and peanut oil called the Romansky Formula. At the time, penicillin was difficult to use because it was excreted from the body so quickly, according to Food and Drug Administration historian John Swann."

http://barbfeick.com/blog1/2009/01/10/peanut-allergy-and-antibiotics/

"Antibiotics contain peanut protein because the “penicillin-type” mold is grown on a peanut containing culture. Giving these medicines to young children when they have an immature digestive system that “leaks” protein into the bloodstream creates peanut allergies in some children. It also kills off the beneficial bacteria creating an overgrowth of yeast that creates symptoms similar to allergies."

#8 of 19 Old 05-31-2012, 04:44 PM

So they're just lying about using aluminum as the adjuvant to avoid controversy? That seems unlikely.
#9 of 19 Old 05-31-2012, 04:59 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)

From someone who watches these debates on the sideline, and is not well-versed in as much of the knowledge as you ladies have:

I would be concerned if they were using peanut oil even in animal testing for the development of vaccines.  Just because results from animal testing do not correlate to use in humans, it shows to me that they are *considering its use*, and that is troubling to me.  I have a bazillion allergies, so does my daughter, and using or even considering using ingredients that are or are derived from known allergens is seriously problematic.

"Let me see you stripped down to the bone. Let me hear you speaking just for me."
#10 of 19 Old 05-31-2012, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post

So they're just lying about using aluminum as the adjuvant to avoid controversy? That seems unlikely.

Who said that they're lying about using aluminum?

applejuice likes this.
#11 of 19 Old 05-31-2012, 05:09 PM

So they're using two adjuvants?
#12 of 19 Old 05-31-2012, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSilver View Post

I would be concerned if they were using peanut oil even in animal testing for the development of vaccines.  Just because results from animal testing do not correlate to use in humans, it shows to me that they are *considering its use*, and that is troubling to me.  I have a bazillion allergies, so does my daughter, and using or even considering using ingredients that are or are derived from known allergens is seriously problematic.

I wouldn't worry too much - egg is listed as an ingredient when present in certain vaccines and people who are allergic to egg cannot get those vaccines. I bet peanut would be listed if peanut oil was used.

I do find it promising that alternative adjuvants are being explored, hopefully aluminum will be able to be taken out entirely sometime soon - I thought that would be a positive thing?
applejuice and prosciencemum like this.
#13 of 19 Old 05-31-2012, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super~Single~Mama View Post

I do find it promising that alternative adjuvants are being explored, hopefully aluminum will be able to be taken out entirely sometime soon - I thought that would be a positive thing?

I agree.

applejuice likes this.

"Let me see you stripped down to the bone. Let me hear you speaking just for me."
#14 of 19 Old 05-31-2012, 07:40 PM

I agree too.  I've been saying for years that if they made vaccines in singles (as in not 3 in 1 combo vaxxes like DTaP) without heavy metals (or formaldehyde) I would selectively vax my kids.  I hope it happens soon. 

Midwife mama bellycast.gif to DD1 bouncy.gif (4.5) and DD2 h20homebirth.gif (1.5)
#15 of 19 Old 05-31-2012, 10:24 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)

This is a great video, for anyone interested in allergies, foreign proteins, GMO's, Generally Recognized As Safe, etc.

A simple mom goes on a mission to find out more about her child's food allergies. Spin off, my question-- could there be something in vaccines that trigger allergic reactions?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rixyrCNVVGA

TEDx, Robyn O'Brien

applejuice likes this.

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

#16 of 19 Old 06-01-2012, 05:52 AM - Thread Starter

I am not convinced peanut oil is in modern day vaccines - my day or two of research does not support it.  I am open to being shown otherwise.

I did think the following idea was interesting, though:

http://journeytocrunchville.wordpress.com/2008/04/08/is-there-a-connection-between-vaccines-and-food-allergies/  

"In a May 18, 2005 CNN article, in an attempt to explain the peanut allergy epidemic, Dr. Robert Woods of Johns Hopkins University stated, “The more your immune system is kept busy by exposure to germs and infections early in life, the less time it can devote to things like allergy.” Anne Munoz-Furlong, CEO and founder of U.S. based The Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Network (FAAN) in the same article says “Perhaps our homes are too clean—we’ve done too much to take away the job of the immune system. We don’t have parasites, a lot of the childhood diseases you vaccinate and don’t have, so maybe for some people, the immune system is looking for something to do and decides, ‘Aha, I don’t like milk’ or ‘I don’t like peanuts,’ and the body then attacks the food protein as if it were an enemy invader.” Somehow I think our God given immune systems are smarter than that—that is, if left to do the job without any interference!"

#17 of 19 Old 06-01-2012, 07:38 AM

If that theory were true, the germs in question would need to be something that was once far more common in human population--sort of like human fleas were common at one time-- and easily eradicated.  And it would need to be transmitted by the mother, because often those children with the worst allergies start in infancy--2 months or even before.  That, or this theory is only one piece of the allergy puzzle, which is really and truly weird.  

From what I understand, though, the rate of *anaphyllaxis* is rising, not necessarily the rate of allergies in general.  I know you folks like facts and sources, and I would need to dig that up when I have more time.

Edited to add: well, this is starting to be interesting looking this up.  Apparently, according to the ncbi website, there seems to be a link between Vit D/ latitude and the incidence of Epi Pen prescriptions..... curious...... just thought I surface for a minute and update this post before I head back under......

Good to know it doesn't seem to be considered for modern vaccines.

#18 of 19 Old 06-01-2012, 07:49 AM

Not sure if any of this is interesting or helpful for you - it's an old discussion from the archives:
http://www.mothering.com/community/t/297360/peanut-oil-as-an-adjuvant
#19 of 19 Old 07-22-2012, 03:37 PM

if you dare ask for the vaccine inserts from a pediatrician, they list the ingredients that are not protected by patent laws, and they include but are not limited to both aluminum (adjuvant)and thimerosal (preservative)(in addition to formaldehyde etc...) and they casually state use of a so and so medium, or amino acid or protein is used (non specific where the patent laws come in). I'm looking at the inserts right now. There are more disturbing statements in the inserts but regarding the peanut oil,,,I once saw a link to a patent site, whereby the invention of sneakers to vaccines are indicated for US laws in order to patent /copy write an invention. Try looking up US patents and type in Vaccines and peanut oil. Funny enough all the top 8 food allergens are continually listed as an adjuvant in vaccines. Warning; patents - particularly of vaccines are 30pages plus and the literature is latin if you don't have science background but I urge you to truck through with highlighter. Patents are good for 20-30 yrs in some instances. It's there all right. After you read them , then try looking up how allergy is created in animal studies. THe science speaks for itself. You can also follow the patent from the vaccine insert to do the same for streamlining the approach. 

applejuice likes this.

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page