Pregnant in Heels- did anyone else see? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-06-2012, 05:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I was so sad to see this show last night, and the way that parents who do not vaccinate were portrayed.  They could not have chosen a mom who did LESS research as the non-vaccinating mom, and the sole purpose of Rosies' involvement was to talk this mom into vaccinating, which of course, she did.  

They interviewed a pediatrician at one point who did some fear mongering, talking about her son who had Hib, and throwing out the statistic that 1 in 100 children die from pertussis (which anyone who has done their research knows is NOT true).

I was pretty horrified watching the episode, and just wondering if anyone else saw it and what their thoughts were.  

Mom to two beautiful boys, now in school to be a therapist and help other women with PPD.  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2012, 01:05 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

I saw it.  I felt compelled to go to bravotv and comment.  For some reason my comment wasn't approved by the moderator.  :P  I promise I was respectful.  I saw other anti-vax comments there and I don't know why they won't allow my comment.  I submitted it several times over the last couple of weeks and watched several other new comments get put up.  Not only was I disgusted at how they represented non-vax parents but I felt really irriated about how they only represented one viewpoint and made it sound like parents who don't vaccinate just don't understand the gravity of the decision. 

User Tag List