should there be a pro-vax forum? - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: Should there be a pro-vax forum? In the absence of such a forum, where should pro-vax friendly post
Yes, there should be an "I am vaccinating " forum 35 100.00%
No, there should not be a "I am vaccinating forum" 16 100.00%
Pro-vax friendly discussions belong in the Sel/Delayed 8 100.00%
Pro-vax friendly discussions belong on the main vaccination page 10 100.00%
pro-vax friendly can go in either; non-vax friendly can go in either 9 100.00%
pro-vax friendly can go in either, non-vax friendly should stay in non-vax 3 42.86%
other. Please explain. 4 57.14%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-22-2012, 09:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imakcerka View Post

Also I think enough of us are adult enough to squash the "I'm better than you talk" that will always happen.  If a vax forum pops up and someone new comes on bad mouthing non vaxxing moms it's easy for us to put on our big girl panties and say STOP!  This isn't what we want we don't want to bad mouth others for their beliefs we want to be able to discuss what's going on with our vaxxed children and ask around about how others are doing and what schedule they chose. 

And that is exactly the point , why we should have an  " I vax " forum . MC is not about critizising others for the choices they make , but for giving us a chance to explore our options and make educated choices for ourselves and our kids , but it does not help me , if I post a vacc question just somewhere , because there is no special forum for it and get slammed with " this is , why you shouldn´t vacc ....."

I am past that , I want to be able to exchange views with other like - minded parents and get THEIR view about for example , which vacc and when , and not the low-down about , why others , who do not vacc , feel the way , they do !

vbac.gifafter 3 cs fambedsingle1.gifbfinfant.gifHappily single Momteapot2.GIFknit.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2012, 09:51 AM

The S&D vax forum guidelines specifically state:
Quote:
This forum is not a place to argue against selective or delayed vaccination or debate vaccination in general. Such discussions are already hosted in the main Vaccinations forum and posts in that vein are most welcome and appropriate there. Our purpose for this forum is to provide information that is helpful for parents who have made the decision to vaccinate and are not seeking discussion against their decision but rather support and information to help them proceed in the best manner.
Sounds like that's exactly what you're looking for!

Mi vida loca: full-time WOHM, frugalista, foodie wannabe, 10+ years of TCOYF 

R-E-S-P-E-C-T spells BRAND NEW User Agreement!!

Old 06-23-2012, 08:21 AM

I don't personally see the need...there are already plenty of places online for that. However I like it open to all...provided all sides can be respectful, which I know does not always happen. Once it starts getting snarky with either side I take off for a while.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

fambedsingle2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifHappy to be a mommy and teacher to D fencing.gif, born 1-17-06 via waterbirth.jpg  and A  blahblah.gif, born 10-6-08 with a homebirth.jpghomeschool.gif

Tags
Vaccinations
User Tag List