more on thimerosal - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#91 of 126 Old 06-22-2012, 12:53 PM
 
Mirzam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Outside the hive mind
Posts: 7,448
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)

Sorry, I didn't see your post until it was too late.


Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

 

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

Mirzam is online now  
#92 of 126 Old 10-14-2012, 09:27 PM
 
Ellen Paul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

The US Govt. has refused to protect us because it doesn't want to be sued for creating generations of autistic and disabled or diseased citizens. So it continues to ensure that thimerosal etc. gets into toddlers by means of implementing more frequent flu shots with thimerosal, while agreeing to remove thimerosal from most other shots. How clever and uncaring. Pharm and US Govt/CDC,. etc. are and always have been bedfellows. Caviat emptor.

Ellen Paul is offline  
#93 of 126 Old 10-15-2012, 11:40 AM
 
threenorns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

bottom line:  according to the FDA, there is "no" safe level for mercury so it doesnt' matter if it's x mcg or whatever - NO level is safe.

also, dont' forget we're not talking about one shot - we're talking about repeated shots, multiple doses, and the effect of accumulation in body tissues.

MissCee likes this.
threenorns is offline  
#94 of 126 Old 10-15-2012, 06:55 PM
 
Rrrrrachel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Except you're applying the FDA standards for methyl mercury to ethyl mercury, which behaves completely differently in the body and is eliminated much more quickly.
prosciencemum likes this.
Rrrrrachel is offline  
#95 of 126 Old 10-15-2012, 07:43 PM
 
Taximom5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,133
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post

Except you're applying the FDA standards for methyl mercury to ethyl mercury, which behaves completely differently in the body and is eliminated much more quickly.

 Ethylmercury is more rapidly metabolized in the brain and kidneys than methylmercury.  Many scientists believe it is actually more dangerous than methylmercury..  And there are apparently susceptible subgroups who are unable to eliminate it effectively, such as those with vitamin D deficiency, and those with autoimmune disorders.

 

I've posted many links on the science supporting this in previous threads.  You are welcome to go back and reread them. 

Here are two more interesting discussions:

 

http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/dockets/07p0331/07p-0331-cp00001-006-(47-pages)-vol1.pdf

 

http://www.vaccinetruth.org/ethyl_vs__methyl.htm

Taximom5 is online now  
#96 of 126 Old 10-16-2012, 01:51 AM
 
prosciencemum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,736
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post

Except you're applying the FDA standards for methyl mercury to ethyl mercury, which behaves completely differently in the body and is eliminated much more quickly.

Actually I think it's worse than that, I think those are the FDA standards for metallic mercury (which has no safe level). Neither methyl mercury or ethyl mercury is the same as that (just like table salt is no the same as chlorine). 

 

There's a lot of debate over relative safety of ethyl versus methyl mercury. It's all a bit beside the point for (most) vaccine safety considerations anyway because there's none of either in any childhood vaccine, and not in most types of available flu shot either. 


Mother of two living in UK. Daughter (2007) born in USA, son (2010) born here. I'm pro natural birth, midwife care, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby wearing and a keen advocate of cloth diapering. I'm a full time working research scientist (physical sciences) and I'm pro-vaccine.

prosciencemum is online now  
#97 of 126 Old 10-16-2012, 03:27 AM
 
emmy526's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,667
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

they already shielded themselves from lawsuits with passing the 1986 law limiting the liability.  http://www.hrsa.gov/vaccinecompensation/index.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen Paul View Post

The US Govt. has refused to protect us because it doesn't want to be sued for creating generations of autistic and disabled or diseased citizens. So it continues to ensure that thimerosal etc. gets into toddlers by means of implementing more frequent flu shots with thimerosal, while agreeing to remove thimerosal from most other shots. How clever and uncaring. Pharm and US Govt/CDC,. etc. are and always have been bedfellows. Caviat emptor.

emmy526 is offline  
#98 of 126 Old 10-16-2012, 04:42 AM
 
Rrrrrachel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Not only are they refusing to protect us but they're actively trying to make as many autistic toddlers as possible by pushing flu shots, but not the flu shots without thimerosal, just the other ones?

Thanks PSM, you're right. Those aren't the standards for methyl mercury either, and it is pretty much irrelevant.

Yes ethyl mercury is eliminated more quickly, so it doesn't build up in the body between vaccinations. I'm glad to see you're finally recognizing there's a difference, taxi!
Rrrrrachel is offline  
#99 of 126 Old 10-16-2012, 06:09 PM
 
Taximom5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,133
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by prosciencemum View Post

It's all a bit beside the point for (most) vaccine safety considerations anyway because there's none of either in any childhood vaccine, and not in most types of available flu shot either. 

That's a very misleading way to put it.  When you mention that there is no thimerosal in most of the different types of "available flu shots" that implies that more people actually get thimerosal-free flu shots than thimerosal-preserved shots.  And that's not true.  The thimerosal-preserved flu shot is by far the most commonly used flu shot, even though there are several different thimerosal-free versions made.  There are still MORE thimerosal-preserved shots, by far.  And they are given routinely now to women in all stages of pregnancy, and to infants as young as 6 months old.  Last time I checked my local Walgreen's, which is pushing flu shots FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS THEM, they did not stock thimerosal-free flu shots.

Taximom5 is online now  
#100 of 126 Old 10-16-2012, 06:12 PM
 
Taximom5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,133
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post


Yes ethyl mercury is eliminated more quickly, so it doesn't build up in the body between vaccinations. I'm glad to see you're finally recognizing there's a difference, taxi!

You seem to have trouble understanding what I have posted.

 

I have never failed to recognize the difference between ethyl mercury and methyl mercury.

 

I also stated quite clearly (bolded because apparently you missed it the first time):

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taximom5 View Post

 Ethylmercury is more rapidly metabolized in the brain and kidneys than methylmercury.  Many scientists believe it is actually more dangerous than methylmercury.

Taximom5 is online now  
#101 of 126 Old 10-16-2012, 06:27 PM
 
kathymuggle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,047
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by prosciencemum View Post
 It's all a bit beside the point for (most) vaccine safety considerations anyway because there's none of either in any childhood vaccine, and not in most types of available flu shot either. 

There are no publicly funded flu shots in Canada that are thim free.

 

It also looks like Hep B has thim in it - although thim free is available in some provinces:

 

http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/im/q_a_thimerosal-eng.php

 

Just an FYI that everyone needs to check their own countries status with regards to thim.  


There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

 

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

kathymuggle is online now  
#102 of 126 Old 10-16-2012, 08:19 PM
 
Taximom5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,133
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymuggle View Post

There are no publicly funded flu shots in Canada that are thim free.

 

It also looks like Hep B has thim in it - although thim free is available in some provinces:

 

http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/im/q_a_thimerosal-eng.php

 

Just an FYI that everyone needs to check their own countries status with regards to thim.  

Good point.

Taximom5 is online now  
#103 of 126 Old 10-17-2012, 01:28 AM
 
prosciencemum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,736
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Quote:

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taximom5 View Post

 Ethylmercury is more rapidly metabolized in the brain and kidneys than methylmercury.  Many scientists believe it is actually more dangerous than methylmercury.

 

I'd like to read up on the studies that suggest it's more dangerous. All I've read (which I assume is what Rrrachel is refering to) are people suggesting that because it's metabolized more quickly and eliminated more quickly it's likely to be safer than methyl mercury. 

 

And while we're bringing up the two, did you know that if you eat tuna (or many other types of fish, or other types of canned food, or drink soda) the methyl mercury you get as a result will completely dwarf (like by factors of 100) any ethyl mercury you got as a result of thimerosol in any of the vaccines you get. 


Mother of two living in UK. Daughter (2007) born in USA, son (2010) born here. I'm pro natural birth, midwife care, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby wearing and a keen advocate of cloth diapering. I'm a full time working research scientist (physical sciences) and I'm pro-vaccine.

prosciencemum is online now  
#104 of 126 Old 10-17-2012, 06:02 AM
 
Rrrrrachel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ethyl mercury is excreted much more quickly and reaches the brain in lower quantities than methyl mercury.

http://www.immunizationinfo.org/science/mercury-levels-after-vaccines-thimerosal
Rrrrrachel is offline  
#105 of 126 Old 10-17-2012, 08:48 AM
 
Marnica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,585
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

  What I find fascinating is that anyone that has done a thorough investigation of the HISTORY of thimerosal and it's applications and use and it's banning can think that this stuff is safe to use in any quanity in any application.

 

The original study used by Eli Lilly to say this stuff was safe in 1930 was crap and it's still held up today as a valid study. Never mind that the 22 patients that were administered thimerosal were all sick with meningitis at the time, so that it is not clear whether any adverse effects brought on by the administration of thimerosal were the result of the meningitis or the treatment.  Approximately 1/3rd of the 22 patients reported on were only followed-up for one day following treatment, and among all 22 patients examined the maximum numbers of days of follow-up was only 62 days.

 

 If its non toxic why has it's use been banned in all OTC applications? Although this ban was proposed in 1982 it didn't go into effect until 1998 (this in and of itself is criminal imo). if its non-toxic than why in 1991 was it banned for use in all injectables for animals?

If it is so safe why in the 1940's when being used in military vaccines did the DoD require Lilly to label it as poison?  because it was well established by the 1940s in peer-reviewed scientific and medical literature that injecting thimerosal into sensitive individuals could cause serious injury.

The damaging effect of thimerosal is evident in Eli Lilly’s own MSDS. Lilly acknowledges that thimerosal is “toxic;” has “Nervous System and Reproductive Effects” and “alters genetic material.” The company also warns that exposure to the mercury in their product “in utero and in children can cause mild to severe mental retardation and mild to severe motor coordination impairment.” It’s funny that this document that used to be easily accessed online is no longer available. This WAS the url:  http://www.nomercury.org/science/documents/MSDS-Eli_Lilly-1991.pdf

What I find even sadder is that there is NO GOOD REASON to use this stuff at all – ever. It is not even effective and there is plenty of evidence that this is the case.  In 1985 the  CDC evaluated the use of Thimerosal as a preservative in vaccines. The authors (Stetler et al)  reported that Thimerosal was ineffective as a vaccine preservative. The study found that Stretococcus survived 14 days after injection into a multi-dose DTP vaccine vial.  And again in 1991 the Lancet reported that it was toxic and useless: Seal D, Ficker L, Wright P, Andrews V., The Case Against Thimerosal. Lancet 1991;338:315-316. (Thimerosal is a weak antibacterial agent that is rapidly broken down to products, including ethylmercury residues, which are neurotoxic. Its role as a preservative in vaccines has been questioned, and the pharmaceutical industry considers its use as historical.) and Engley, F.B. Soap and Chemical Specialties 1956; 200-5, 223-5 (Thimerosal and other mercury-containing preservatives were not effective to reduce bacterial contamination.) and Heyworth MF, Truelove SC., Problems Associated with the Use of Merthiolate as a Preservative in Anti-Lymphocytic Globulin, Toxicology 1979;12:325-333. (“When it was first introduced as an anti-microbial preservative, little information about the fundamental biological effects of organic mercury compounds was available. We should like to suggest that Merthiolate should now be regarded as an inappropriate preservative for materials which are intended for administration to human subjects.”)

 

 If the stuff is safe why have many other countries including Russia,Denmark, Austria, Japan, Great Britain and all the Scandinavian countries banned it’s use many years ago (1980)

Im sorry this debate IMO is stupid. The stuff is toxic – and politics rules – as always. It’s not about what safe and effective. It never has been and the cynical part of me thinks it never will be.

Mirzam and BeckyBird like this.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Marnica is offline  
#106 of 126 Old 10-17-2012, 10:37 AM
 
Rrrrrachel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Tl, dr.
Rrrrrachel is offline  
#107 of 126 Old 10-17-2012, 10:54 AM
 
Bokonon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,975
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post

Tl, dr.

 

Wow, that is so rude.

Mirzam likes this.

A, jammin.gif mama to a boy (2005) and a girl (2009)
Bokonon is offline  
#108 of 126 Old 10-17-2012, 01:02 PM
 
Marnica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,585
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post

Tl, dr.

 That's funny. I just timed myself reading it and it took me less than 2 minutes. I don't think the reason you didn't read it has anything to do with length but we'll go with that. winky.gif

Taximom5 likes this.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Marnica is offline  
#109 of 126 Old 10-17-2012, 01:07 PM
 
Taximom5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,133
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by prosciencemum View Post

 

I'd like to read up on the studies that suggest it's more dangerous. All I've read (which I assume is what Rrrachel is refering to) are people suggesting that because it's metabolized more quickly and eliminated more quickly it's likely to be safer than methyl mercury. 

 

And while we're bringing up the two, did you know that if you eat tuna (or many other types of fish, or other types of canned food, or drink soda) the methyl mercury you get as a result will completely dwarf (like by factors of 100) any ethyl mercury you got as a result of thimerosol in any of the vaccines you get. 

Why do you keep bringing up the comparison of ingested mercury, when you have been presented with the facts several times in other threads?
 

http://vran.org/about-vaccines/vaccine-ingredients/mercury-thimersol-neurodevelopment-outcomes/

"The exposures reviewed were from different delivery modalities and there is a considerable difference in the toxicity of many materials when oral intake is compared to injections via the vaccine route. Total mercury in the blood stream does not distinguish between bound mercury (e.g. that coupled with glutathione and being removed from the body) and unreacted mercury (that available to cause further damage). Ratios of bound and free ethyl mercury are likely to be different if ethyl mercury is eaten or inhaled versus injected, bypassing the protective systems available in the intestines."

Taximom5 is online now  
#110 of 126 Old 10-17-2012, 02:45 PM
 
Rrrrrachel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
You're right. It probably had more to do with the lack of paragraphs and wall-of-text presentation than the actual length.
Rrrrrachel is offline  
#111 of 126 Old 10-17-2012, 02:46 PM
Administrator
 
cynthia mosher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Arabia!
Posts: 38,849
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post

Tl, dr.

What does this mean, Rrrrrachel?


cynthia mosher is online now  
#112 of 126 Old 10-17-2012, 03:37 PM
 
Mamja's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 855
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthia Mosher View Post

What does this mean, Rrrrrachel?

I'm not rrrrrachel but it means "too long, didn't read"

SAHM to DD1 9/18/08 DS 6/11/10 DD2 6/21/12 nocirc.gifcd.gifgreenthumb.gifhang.gif 

Mamja is offline  
#113 of 126 Old 10-17-2012, 04:16 PM
 
beckybird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Shattered Paradigm
Posts: 1,899
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)

Wow, that was rude, especially since it was important information.


 
 
 "Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport
 
 
 
beckybird is online now  
#114 of 126 Old 10-17-2012, 05:55 PM
 
Bokonon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,975
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyBird View Post

Wow, that was rude, especially since it was important information.

 

Can you imagine if someone said that in response to a link of a published study?  So much for mature debate.

BeckyBird likes this.

A, jammin.gif mama to a boy (2005) and a girl (2009)
Bokonon is offline  
#115 of 126 Old 10-17-2012, 07:16 PM
 
emma1325's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,275
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:

 

 

 

despite the lack of any evidence of danger in that review, the FDA still recommended that it be removed/reduced in all vaccines in 1999 "just in case" they had missed something: 

 

 

 

 

And you buy this?  Your bullshit detector doesn't go off even a little bit? 

 

What a lame proclamation to make, that they're advising thim. removed "just in case" they missed something.  Why would they do that?  Have they ever removed any other ingredient from vaccines "just in case?"

BeckyBird likes this.

Loving mother, Devoted Wife
emma1325 is offline  
#116 of 126 Old 10-17-2012, 07:22 PM
 
emma1325's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,275
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Sorry, I have to revisit this concept of just in case. What does urging vaccine makers to remove thimerosal "just in case" ACTUALLY say to the public?

 

It says "We are not sure if this ingredient is safe."

 

And yet it is allowed in flu shots?  It's allowed to be given to pregnant women and infants?  Come on.  Major mixed messages happening here.  How are these inconsistencies supposed to help parents trust the experts when they say anything re: vaccine safety? 


Loving mother, Devoted Wife
emma1325 is offline  
#117 of 126 Old 10-18-2012, 04:42 AM
 
WildKingdom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 684
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by emma1325 View Post

Sorry, I have to revisit this concept of just in case. What does urging vaccine makers to remove thimerosal "just in case" ACTUALLY say to the public?

 

It says "We are not sure if this ingredient is safe."

 

And yet it is allowed in flu shots?  It's allowed to be given to pregnant women and infants?  Come on.  Major mixed messages happening here.  How are these inconsistencies supposed to help parents trust the experts when they say anything re: vaccine safety? 

 

I agree.  And I think it's one of the stupidist public relation moves that the FDA ever made.

prosciencemum likes this.
WildKingdom is offline  
#118 of 126 Old 10-18-2012, 06:12 AM
 
Rrrrrachel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I also agree. I think the mentality was and is that vaccination is so important better to remove the ingredient, even without evidence it's harmful, than have people no vaccinate because of it. Of course, it kind of backfired. I doubt a single person vaccinates now who wouldn't have then, they've just shifted the rumor mill to something new.
prosciencemum likes this.
Rrrrrachel is offline  
#119 of 126 Old 10-19-2012, 02:45 AM
 
prosciencemum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,736
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taximom5 View Post

Why do you keep bringing up the comparison of ingested mercury, when you have been presented with the facts several times in other threads?
 

http://vran.org/about-vaccines/vaccine-ingredients/mercury-thimersol-neurodevelopment-outcomes/

"The exposures reviewed were from different delivery modalities and there is a considerable difference in the toxicity of many materials when oral intake is compared to injections via the vaccine route. Total mercury in the blood stream does not distinguish between bound mercury (e.g. that coupled with glutathione and being removed from the body) and unreacted mercury (that available to cause further damage). Ratios of bound and free ethyl mercury are likely to be different if ethyl mercury is eaten or inhaled versus injected, bypassing the protective systems available in the intestines."

 

Mostly because I don't accept that the facts you present are actually true. So in that sense they are not facts.

 

That link you give is to an organisation which in my opinion wishes to demonstrate vaccines are dangerous and is an afidavit (not not an actual scientific research paper, just a statement) from a retired chemist who studied the effects of metallic mercury on cells (not the same as thimerosol as I have repeatedly pointed out), and whose "views about mercury and dental amalgams go against the consensus held in the medical community." (from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boyd_Haley).


Mother of two living in UK. Daughter (2007) born in USA, son (2010) born here. I'm pro natural birth, midwife care, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby wearing and a keen advocate of cloth diapering. I'm a full time working research scientist (physical sciences) and I'm pro-vaccine.

prosciencemum is online now  
#120 of 126 Old 10-19-2012, 07:05 AM
 
Marnica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,585
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post

You're right. It probably had more to do with the lack of paragraphs and wall-of-text presentation than the actual length.

 Geez, sorry it was not visually pleasing to you. Ill try and keep that in mind next time I post something. biglaugh.gif

 

I had to actually type that in a word document because I was having trouble with my computer and when I pasted it, it messed it all up and I had to cobble it together the best I could.


If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Marnica is offline  
Reply

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off