Have you had vaccinations as a teen or adult and did you have a reaction with any? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 41 Old 06-15-2012, 09:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Adults develop allergies all the time.
#32 of 41 Old 06-15-2012, 10:09 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
As a teen I ended up with 5 MMR shots. All due to no record except my mother's and my memories. Lost paperwork and failure to write down the vax in the doctor's office for the first 4. For the fifth, I demanded the doc do it personally and watched him write it in my chart. By then I was nearly 16.
#33 of 41 Old 06-19-2012, 07:23 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post

True, or they go away! My allergies have gotten better since my pregnancy and delivery? Such a mystery.

#34 of 41 Old 06-19-2012, 08:20 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post

That's a bit of an exaggeration, don't you think?

Not all adults develop allergies, and those that do don't develop new ones "all the time."

It is not uncommon for adults to develop allergies, completely unrelated to vaccines.  It is also not uncommon for adults (and children, for that matter) to develop allergies as a result of vaccination.  http://www.smartvax.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=73

member234098 likes this.
#35 of 41 Old 06-19-2012, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taximom5 View Post

It is not uncommon for adults to develop allergies, completely unrelated to vaccines.

I'm pretty sure this is what Rrrrachel meant. It happens all the time somewhere, not necessarily to any one individual, but the explanation for why she developed the allergy could well be that she just did.

#36 of 41 Old 06-19-2012, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleZB View Post

True, or they go away! My allergies have gotten better since my pregnancy and delivery? Such a mystery.

That must be nice! I wish my dairy one would disappear. Actually since I've been pregnant this second time around the eczema has almost entirely disappeared and I'm able to eat some dairy too. So maybe it will stay this way after pregnancy... om.gif

Mama to DS REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(March 2010) and DD  baby.gif  (June 2012)

#37 of 41 Old 06-24-2012, 12:47 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I did a catch-up schedule when I was a teenager because my mom skipped most of my childhood vaccinations. Then in my early twenties I went abroad with the Peace Corps and had: yellow fever, rabies, several meningitis strains, DTaP, MMR, and hep A/B (twinrix I think it's called?) Yellow fever, rabies, meningitis, and DTaP were given simultaneously or close to it. Have had several flu shots. I never experienced more than mild soreness at the injection site lasting a day or two. 

At home amongst the redwoods treehugger.gif with my husband and my son, born 7/5/11 familybed1.gif  Instant CNM, just add caffix.gif !

#38 of 41 Old 06-24-2012, 04:17 PM

Interesting....DTaP is only approved for kids under 7. Why did you get it as a teen?

Midwife mama bellycast.gif to DD1 bouncy.gif (4.5) and DD2 h20homebirth.gif (1.5)
#39 of 41 Old 06-24-2012, 11:26 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Tdap wasn't around until 2005. 

At home amongst the redwoods treehugger.gif with my husband and my son, born 7/5/11 familybed1.gif  Instant CNM, just add caffix.gif !

#40 of 41 Old 06-25-2012, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubidoux View Post

Interestingly, there's a new possible cure for type I being studied which involves continuous (not sure if its daily or what) injections with one of the old school vaccines (maybe TB).  It actually blocks the immune system cells that are attacking the insulin producing cells and allows them to grow back.  For a long time doctors thought those cells were gone for good, but apparently they are constantly attempting to regenerate.  There are people who have actually had function return in human trials.  If it comes to pass that this becomes available to me, I'm not going to let my distaste for vaccinations to get in my way.  lol

Do you happen to have an article about this? I couldn't figure out the right word combo to google, and my search returned too many results:) Very interested to hear more

treehugger.gif Homeschooling SAHM of my 3 DDs 7yrs, 2.5 yrs and 1 yr
#41 of 41 Old 06-25-2012, 05:52 AM

Yes I am aware that Tdap was not introduced until 05, but the warning not to give DTaP to kids older than 7 and adults due to increased side effects predates that. So that was why I was suprised you had an adult pertussis vaccine back then.

Midwife mama bellycast.gif to DD1 bouncy.gif (4.5) and DD2 h20homebirth.gif (1.5)

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page