Paul Offit is Right! Autism is About Synapse....and Dendritic Immunity - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-26-2012, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)

http://vaxtruth.org/2011/10/paul-offit-is-right-autism-is-about-the-synapse-and-dendritic-immunity/

I thought about posting this in the Vaccine/Autism debate thread, but it is an article so I am not sure it would have been acceptable. But I found it very interesting information on dentritic cells and their role in immunity. Mercury destroys dendritic cells and dentritic cells are essential for the proper functioning of the immune system. 

t

"There are only two mistakes you can make in the search for the Truth. Not starting, and not going all the way." ~ Mark Passio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2012, 07:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Great article!  Thanks for sharing.

Old 06-27-2012, 02:09 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)

What kind of mercury - metallic, or an organic compound? And if the latter is it ethyl mercury or methyl mercury?

No one will deny that mercury poisoning is bad for you. What is very debatable is if the type and quantity of mercury in thimerosol found in multi-vial flu vaccine (which is the only place it remains in the US as I understand it) has any effect. Especially when compared to other environmental sources of mercury (like that in fish, or even more dangerously metallic mercury).  

Mother of two living in UK. Daughter (2007) born in USA, son (2010) born here. I'm pro natural birth, midwife care, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby wearing and a keen advocate of cloth diapering. I'm a full time working research scientist (physical sciences) and I'm pro-vaccine.

Old 06-27-2012, 07:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

There is a trace amount in trippedia (DaPT).  Other DaPt do not seem to have it.  Some of the diptheria/tetanus combos have it as well.

http://www.fda.gov/BiologicsBloodVaccines/SafetyAvailability/VaccineSafety/UCM096228

User Tag List