Its not just a personal choice - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-22-2012, 08:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Country Girl View Post

I decided to vaccinate my older daughter (now 6) after talking to my grandmother about it.  I had and still have friends who have chosen not to vaccinate (one because her first child had adverse reactions) and was emotionally distraught  trying to decide what to do and weeding through all the articles on the subject (yes- researching).  It is really scary to let anything be injected into your baby and feels counter to some natural mothering urges.  My grandmother simply said "if you had seen polio, you would not question the benefit of vaccines". 

Has your grandmother heard of SV-40, or vaccine-induced polio?

My grandmother had polio as an adult, and recovered with no complications, as did over 99% of people who had polio in the 1940s and 50s.  She died several years later from lung cancer as a result of smoking 4 packs a day for 40 years.

A, jammin.gif mama to a boy (2005) and a girl (2009)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2012, 11:01 AM
Banned

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taximom5 View Post

As far as the profitibility of vaccines are concerned, isn't it irrelevant which is more profitable, vaccines or drugs, when both are billion dollar industries?

And isn't the ultimate profitibility of vaccines affected by the fact that vaccines can cause/trigger illnesses/conditions that REQUIRE lifelong drugs, such as thyroid disease, diabetes, asthma, and rheumatoid arthritis?

Bingo!

You can have your cake and eat it too when you are Big Medicine.

A slow kill weapon is the very best. Keep em sick enough to need you and well enough to keep working to pay you.

When the American people REJECT the insane current medical paradigm of taking toxic drugs, including "vaccines" for chronic problems perhaps this country can begin to heal.

Old 08-22-2012, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokonon View Post

Has your grandmother heard of SV-40, or vaccine-induced polio?

My grandmother had polio as an adult, and recovered with no complications, as did over 99% of people who had polio in the 1940s and 50s.  She died several years later from lung cancer as a result of smoking 4 packs a day for 40 years.

Again you need to cite the source of your numbers here (which are highly problematic) for them to have any credibility.  And my grandmother has since passed away (a couple of years ago at 85).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taximom5 View Post

I think it would be wise to keep pejorative terms such as  "conspiracy theorists" out of the discussion.

Questioning the motives, honesty, and accuracy of reporting from the most highly profitible industry in the world does not  make one anything less than cautious and critical,  particularly when discussing invasive procedures that even the industry has admitted has caused brain damage and death.  Why would anyone resort to applying extremely insulting labels towards those who question the marketing tatics of an industry which has been fined multiple times for lying?

As far as the profitibility of vaccines are concerned, isn't it irrelevant which is more profitable, vaccines or drugs, when both are billion dollar industries?

And isn't the ultimate profitibility of vaccines affected by the fact that vaccines can cause/trigger illnesses/conditions that REQUIRE lifelong drugs, such as thyroid disease, diabetes, asthma, and rheumatoid arthritis?

You may not have noticed that this term is in quotes (meaning I do not completely accept the term) and the paragraph before, I said I believe in some things that others may see as conspiracy theories.  I am applying insulting labels to no one, just pointing out that drug companies are accused of (and probably sometimes practice) nefarious behavior with both providing vaccines and withholding them.  Everyone has their beef  (not undeserved) with big pharma. 

The entire vaccine board seems to be dominated by a few voices who would like to prove to all that vaccines are poison.  I personally would really like to be able to engage in a discussion with others who chose some vaccines and skip others and who follow a delayed scheduled about why they make the choices they do, which is hard to come by even in the section designated for selective vaccinators.  I intend to start a separate thread with this request.

Metreehugger.gif College Literature Professor reading.gif(36) and DH (35) married 7/05, together since 1/99; Mom to two lovely and fierce little girls: DD1 2/06 and, after 18 months TTC (and a couple years NTNP), DD2 born 7/3/12!  Dedicated AP parent who is for selective (most) vaccination.

Old 08-22-2012, 01:28 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)

Ca country girl…..

I cannot seem to quote you properly.

I have no idea how many people got polio pre vaccine, but for most people it was very mild.

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd-vac/polio/dis-faqs.htm

"Most people infected with the polio virus have no symptoms, however for the less than 1% who develops paralysis it may result in permanent disability and even death."

I do understand why the vaccine existed - 1% is higher than I am comfortable with.  However, Bokonon is correct - 99 % of people who got Polio recovered without incidence.

As per the vax board being dominated by non-vax voices, it ebbs and flows. I can assure you there are vocal pro-vaxxers here. 

As for this thread - there were a number of pro-vaxxers on at the beginning.  It is hardly surprising non-vax voices are dominant, however, as we are the ones being accused of selfishness amongst other things.  

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

Old 08-22-2012, 02:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Country Girl View Post

Again you need to cite the source of your numbers here (which are highly problematic) for them to have any credibility.  And my grandmother has since passed away (a couple of years ago at 85).

You may not have noticed that this term is in quotes (meaning I do not completely accept the term) and the paragraph before, I said I believe in some things that others may see as conspiracy theories.  I am applying insulting labels to no one, just pointing out that drug companies are accused of (and probably sometimes practice) nefarious behavior with both providing vaccines and withholding them.  Everyone has their beef  (not undeserved) with big pharma. 

I believe those numbers come from the CDC

"Up to 95% of all polio infections are inapparent or asymptomatic"

Fewer than 1% of all polio infections result in flaccid paralysis

Approximately 4%–8% of polio infections consist of a minor, nonspecific illness without clinical or laboratory evidence of central nervous system invasion.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Old 08-22-2012, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymuggle View Post

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd-vac/polio/dis-faqs.htm

"Most people infected with the polio virus have no symptoms, however for the less than 1% who develops paralysis it may result in permanent disability and even death."

Thanks Kathy!

You and Marnica beat me to it - I was napping.  :)

A, jammin.gif mama to a boy (2005) and a girl (2009)
Old 08-22-2012, 09:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marnica View Post

Approximately 4%–8% of polio infections consist of a minor, nonspecific illness without clinical or laboratory evidence of central nervous system invasion.

The true story of polio is not too hard to find. What is hard is accepting it.

Smoke, Mirrors, and the “Disappearance” Of Polio

Old 08-23-2012, 04:57 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:

edited*

Old 08-23-2012, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Analogy: over 99% of the time people drive they arrive at their destination safely. We wear seat belts and use carseats for the rest of the time.

Vaccines are similar.
Old 08-23-2012, 05:31 AM

Posts removed for UAVs... emmy526, feel free to edit your post to remove the quoted UAV. Thanks! smile.gif

Mi vida loca: full-time WOHM, frugalista, foodie wannabe, 10+ years of TCOYF 

R-E-S-P-E-C-T spells BRAND NEW User Agreement!!

Old 08-23-2012, 05:37 AM

Seat belts don't really cause neurological and physiological problems though..
Old 08-23-2012, 05:41 AM

Hang on, I don't understand why my post drawing attention to the tactics & presence of pHARMa sock puppets & shills on this thread was deleted?

Can someone explain please?

Old 08-23-2012, 05:45 AM

how do you know?  my dh suffered a brain injury in a car crash...we don't know his seatbelt around his neck didn't have anything to do with it...we do know he suffered more because of wearing it, but the extent of the damage caused to him by the actual belt itself, is not known...it is speculation. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMuffet View Post

Seat belts don't really cause neurological and physiological problems though..
Old 08-23-2012, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanati View Post

Hang on, I don't understand why my post drawing attention to the tactics & presence of pHARMa sock puppets & shills on this thread was deleted?

you violated the UA

Old 08-23-2012, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmy526 View Post

wow........even if you disagree, name calling is against the UA...

Yes, I have just been informed & I regret the words I used. There are better ways to make a point & I will make sure it doesn't happen again. But I am confused why my other post was deleted when it was pointing out the existence of online identities who are paid to manipulate & deceive people on behalf of corporate or government interests.

That post was factual & pertinent to this thread & I would like to know why it was felt justified to remove it but leave the one that broke the forum rules up?

Old 08-23-2012, 06:05 AM

Which part of the UA did that specific post violate?

Old 08-23-2012, 07:27 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by marsupial-mom View Post

Analogy: over 99% of the time people drive they arrive at their destination safely. We wear seat belts and use carseats for the rest of the time.
Vaccines are similar.

I disagree. I think this is a poor analogy. Wearing a seatbelt does not carry risks of serious side effects including death (at least not that I am aware of - excluding defective belts and ones that are not worn properly). Comparing getting injecting drugs and unproven chemicals/adjuvants into one's body and wearing a seatbelt is like comparing apples to hair dye IMO.  

ETA: Emmy - just saw your post. Yes I suppose that is right. So in that regard perhaps vaccines and seat belts being safe are both just speculation.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Old 08-23-2012, 07:41 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Quote:

I disagree. I think this is a poor analogy. Wearing a seatbelt does not carry risks of serious side effects including death (at least not that I am aware of - excluding defective belts and ones that are not worn properly). Comparing getting injecting drugs and unproven chemicals/adjuvants into one's body and wearing a seatbelt is like comparing apples to hair dye IMO.  

ETA: Emmy - just saw your post. Yes I suppose that is right. So in that regard perhaps vaccines and seat belts being safe are both just speculation.

The other difference between seatbelts and vaccines is when you get out of the car you unbuckle the seatbelt and leave it in the car. Once a vaccine has been administered its antigens, excipients, preservatives etc remain with you all the time, and permanently alters the body. 

t

"There are only two mistakes you can make in the search for the Truth. Not starting, and not going all the way." ~ Mark Passio
Old 08-23-2012, 08:52 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:

Which part of the UA did that specific post violate?

You can't call people names or refer to them in an inflammatory way.  It's just not nice.  And really it destroys any credibility you may have if you decide to throw around insults immediately upon joining... You are welcome.

Old 08-23-2012, 08:54 AM

humanati, review the UA AND the forum guidelines. Your posts were disrespectful and attacking other members instead of staying focused on the topic. If you have additional questions, please PM me directly rather than sidetrack this thread further.

Mi vida loca: full-time WOHM, frugalista, foodie wannabe, 10+ years of TCOYF 

R-E-S-P-E-C-T spells BRAND NEW User Agreement!!

Old 08-23-2012, 09:13 AM
Banned

Quote:

In the first place the shilling for the Vaccination Industry is mostly so obvious there is NO NEED to point it out. Perhaps more importantly the monitors here do a GOOD job of minimizing ad hominem attacks which is good for us all and thirdly shills are people too and deserve a little respect.

All and all this system works well once you adjust to it.

Old 08-23-2012, 09:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsupial-mom View Post

Vaccines are similar.

Lets employ this analogy for the "polio vaccine"

The "polio vaccine" did not get rid of any of the disease caused by the wild polio virus, the Medical Industry merely renamed the results of polio to cover up the disastrous failure of various "polio vaccines", This is analogous to putting the seat belt on a dummy in the car. All the damage from the wild polio virus will still occur to the people in the car.

The "polio vaccine" introduced the cancer causing SV-40 virus into hundreds of millions of people. This is analogous to forcing the car to drive on the wrong side of the road at random times.

So in the case of the "polio vaccine" we have a seat belt that saves NO ONE and kills MANY and will probably continue to kill those now unborn long after the seat belt has been thrown away in total disgust..

http://vaxtruth.org/2012/03/the-polio-vaccine-part-1-2/

Old 08-23-2012, 09:52 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Quote:
So in the case of the "polio vaccine" we have a seat belt that saves NO ONE and kills MANY and will probably continue to kill those now unborn long after the seat belt has been thrown away in total disgust..

thumb.gif

pro-transparency advocate

&

lurk.gif  PROUD member of the .3% club!

Want to join? Just ask me!

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

Old 08-24-2012, 12:08 PM
Banned

Quote:

Here is the starting point for our problem with polio.

Here is the end point: A minimum of death or serious consequences from the wild polio virus. NO death or serious consequences from the "polio vaccine"

From the above data we see about 5% of us have problems expeditiously defeating the wild polio virus from our bodies.

Does this 5% also have trouble expeditiously defeating other viruses which currently, and in the future will, "require" a "vaccine solution"?

Are you telling me the CDC and Industrial Medicine cannot develop a simple test to identify these 5%?

Are you telling me the CDC and Industrial Medicine does not KNOW that high levels of vitamin D helps expeditiously defeat all viruses as well as all bacteria?

Since we get 90% of our vitamin D from the sun,  why does the CDC and Industrial Medicine tell us to stay the hell out of the SUN?

Numerous clinical testing has demonstrated IMO that we all (adults) require about 8,000 IU of vitamin D/day to show a  robust immune response so why does the CDC et al say we only require 400 IU/day of vitamin D?

Are you telling me the CDC and Industrial Medicine does not KNOW that high levels of vitamin C helps expeditiously defeat all viruses as well as all bacteria?

Numerous clinical testing has demonstrated IMO that we all require about 3 grams of vitamin C/day to show a  robust immune response so why does the CDC et al say we only require 60 mg/day of vitamin C?

We have a problem with polio and other viruses folks but it does not lay with the wild virus; it lies with the CDC, Industrial Medicine and our own poor knowledge of how to equip our bodies to fight ALL viruses..

"Doctor Thomas Levy, who has provided the definitive proof in his book ‘ Vitamin C, Infectious Diseases and Toxins: Curing the Incurable’. He is one of the world’s experts in effects of vitamin C on viruses. Here’s what he says “I have not found any flu virus for which vitamin C does not exert a virucidal effect, as long as enough vitamin C reaches the virus, such as in any acute infection. Vitamin C is virtually devoid of negative side effects.”  Patrick  Holford

"Since 1970, with teaching the bowel tolerance method of determining proper ascorbic acid doses to patients, I have not had to hospitalize a single patient for an acute viral disease or a complication from such a disease if the patient utilized the method. In some cases, such as with three cases of viral pneumonia, it was necessary to utilize intravenous ascorbate. Admittedly, I have been lucky because no patient has arrived with such severe symptoms as to necessitate immediate hospitalization. There have been many patients where there was no question that they would have required hospitalization in a very short period of time had not ascorbate been administered."   Doctor Robert Cathcart MD

"A group of scientists from UCLA published a remarkable paper in the prestigious journal, Nature. The UCLA group confirmed two other recent studies, showing that a naturally occurring steroid hormone - a hormone most of us take for granted - was, in effect, a potent antibiotic. Instead of directly killing bacteria and viruses, the steroid hormone under question increases the body's production of a remarkable class of proteins, called antimicrobial peptides. The 200 known antimicrobial peptides directly and rapidly destroy the cell walls of bacteria, fungi, and viruses, including the influenza virus, and play a key role in keeping the lungs free of infection. The steroid hormone that showed these remarkable antibiotic properties was plain old vitamin D."  Doctor John Cannell MD

"I am very optimistic about the potential of dietary selenium as a broad-spectrum chemoprotectant against various viral diseases. A lot of that may be entirely due to the immune-stimulating and antioxidant benefits of selenium, but I think that in a number of viral diseases, some degree of direct interaction between the virus and selenium is likely to be involved. We already have quite a few viral diseases where a clinical correlation or definite selenium benefit has been established: hepatitis B/liver disease, HIV/AIDS, Coxsackie virus/Keshan disease, hemorrhagic fever, MMTV/cancer, and a number of other animal viral diseases where selenium has been used in veterinary practice. I also strongly suspect that various herpes viruses will prove responsive to selenium therapy, and the strongest case of a selenoprotein in a virus to date is in a pox virus. So the potential scope of this chemoprotection approach is very exciting."   Doctor Will Taylor PhD, University of Georgia

It has been shown that without selenium viruses will replicate rapidly thus selenium is vitally important to fight a virus 500 mcg/day is not too much for a few days. Most viruses enter your body thru your ear canal. Half an eyedropper of 3% H2O2 in both ears, one at a time, for about five minutes will kill many of them. A nasal spray made with Xylitol or sea salt water will destroy viruses in your nose and upper lungs. Make sure your potassium levels are good.  I find by January I need to top up my vitamin D. Often 20,000 or 50,000 IU of vitamin D3 for a day or two will clear up my sniffles all by itself.

Tags
Vaccinations
User Tag List