GAPS Diet - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-25-2012, 07:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This might be a lousy place to put this post, but it's what I got on to do, and this group probably has the answers I want, so...

Has anyone followed the GAPS diet for recovery from vaccination?  Was it successful? 

Thanks!

"If you keep doing the same things you've always done, you'll keep getting the same results you've always gotten."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 08-26-2012, 06:56 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

You might also want to x-post to Health & Healing.

I know plenty about GAPS but nothing specific to vax recovery.  I guess partially because my experience with vax injury is related to neurological issues more than gut issues (that was the nature of our vax problems and really I never had occasion to look beyond it).  But what I do know about GAPS is that it certainly heals the gut and the gut is where a huge chunk of our immune system AND our neurology lie.  It's a rather large undertaking.  I don't know if it's the first thing I'd try if a child is just recovering from vax exposure vs. full-on vax injury but it's a wonderfully healing regimen.

Heather - Wife , Mommy  & Health & Wellness Educator, Speaker & Consultant 

Dairy, soy & corn free with limited gluten... yes, really. And journeying towards peace.  Blogging about both.

Let me guide you to find the food and lifestyle choices...
#3 of 4 Old 09-04-2012, 09:39 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I apologize that this isn't a first-hand account, but I was discussing GAPS one day (we've been on it for over a year) when I was approached by a woman who heard me mention GAPS. Her daughter was injured by vaccines during her 18 month well visit. The mother said they had to take her to the ER for seizures and high fever, and shortly after all of this they realized she was no longer social and had become completely nonverbal. A couple years later, she received an autism diagnosis. At the time of our conversation, they had been on the diet for almost 2 years, and now her daughter speaks in 5 - 6 word sentences (she's 5 now) and is social again. Her mom mentioned that her daughter still qualified for an IEP for preschool, but we didn't go into anything more specific than that. I wish I had her contact information so I could get more details for you, but it was a chance meeting in a store. The only other thing I remember is that she mentioned they also do craniosacral therapy.

Again, I'm sorry this isn't a first-hand account. Personally, GAPS has been wonderful to our family. We chose it to help our son who was diagnosed as autistic and are doing it as a family. It's been amazing. I also recommend it for detoxing while nourishing and healing the body.

#4 of 4 Old 09-04-2012, 11:01 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)

I am very interested in the GAPS diet. I listened to this interview last night while painting the living room :) It was so convincing that I went out today and bought organic cabbage to make sauerkraut!

If you are interested in GAPS or fermented foods, please save these interviews and listen to them when you get the chance. I'm so happy I did!

Please don't let Dr.Mercola frighten you away lol! The information is very important.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/03/18/mcbride-and-barringer-interview.aspx

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page