wic florida says i have to pick up monthly due to non vax 7 month old - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 08-29-2012, 11:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

hi my son is 7 months old and when we went to wic for his 6 months because i do not vax i was told to bring a letter from the doctor or a religious exempt. well i brought a doctors note but then i was told only religious exemption or i have to pick up monthly. i dont have to bring my son just pick up the checks so it is stupid as to why i have to pick up monthly. i am a full time working mom and living on a low budget so gas and time to pick up monthly is not working out so well.

question is, if i claim religious exempt and they still make me come monthly is there something i can fight with them about? its not fair i have to pick up monthly because of a non vax child especially if theyre not even seeing the child just to be pests

we live in FL.

I read up and it says religious exempt is fine and we still can receive wic but what my problem is how i have to pick up monthly, but if i vaccinated i could get all 3-4 months worth instead. what is the difference and is there any more information on how to make it so i only ppick up every 3 months instead even with a non vax child?

#2 of 2 Old 08-30-2012, 04:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

i think what they are trying to pull with you is against the law

Quote:
Immunization records and/or an infant/child’s immunization status are in no way tied to the receipt of WIC benefits.

http://www.fns.usda.gov/wic/benefitsandservices/immunization.HTM

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page