- Am I or my child sick right now?
- Have I or my child had a bad reaction to a vaccination before?
- Do I or my child have a personal or family history of vaccine reactions, neurological disorders, severe allergies or immune system problems?
- Do I know the disease and vaccine risks for myself or my child?
- Do I have full information about the vaccine’s side effects?
- Do I know how to identify and report a vaccine reaction?
- Do I know I need to keep a written record, including the vaccine manufacturer’s name and lot number, for all vaccinations?
- Do I know I have the right to make an informed choice?
If you or your child experiences any of the symptoms listed below in the hours, days or weeks following vaccination, it should be reported to VAERS. Some vaccine reaction symptoms include:
- Pronounced swelling, redness, heat or hardness at the site of the injection;
- Body rash or hives;
- High pitched screaming or persistent crying for hours;
- Extreme sleepiness or long periods of unresponsiveness;
- High fever (over 103 F)
- Twitching or jerking of the body, arm, leg or head;
- Crossing of eyes;
- Weakness or paralysis of any part of the body;
- Loss of eye contact or awareness or social withdrawal;
- Loss of ability to roll over, sit up or stand up;
- Vision or hearing loss;
- Restlessness, hyperactivity or inability to concentrate;
- Sleep disturbances that change wake/sleep pattern;
- Head banging or onset of repetitive movements (flapping, rubbing, rocking, spinning);
- Joint pain;
- Muscle weakness;
- Disabling fatigue;
- Loss of memory;
- Onset of chronic ear or respiratory infections;
- Violent or persistent diarrhea or chronic constipation;
- Breathing problems (asthma);
- Excessive bleeding (thrombocytopenia) or anemia.
Mi vida loca: full-time WOHM, frugalista, foodie wannabe, 10+ years of TCOYF
R-E-S-P-E-C-T spells BRAND NEW User Agreement!!
I agree. I'm normally not a fan of NVIC, since they are not health professionals (set up by parents concerned that their children were injured by vaccine) and try to present themselves as providing objective information when they actually have a strong anti-vaccination philosophy. But in this case they seem to have made a really useful list.
It's remarkably similar to what CDC recommends parents and health professionals look out for actually (include the reminder to report reactions to VAERS if they occur). http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/recs/vac-admin/default.htm
Mother of two living in UK. Daughter (2007) born in USA, son (2010) born here. I'm pro natural birth, midwife care, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby wearing and a keen advocate of cloth diapering. I'm a full time working research scientist (physical sciences). Vaccines save lives.
|62 members and 29,394 guests|
|a-sorta-fairytale , afinemess , bananabee , BlessedMommy , cryswilkins , cxsandoval , Deborah , Dovenoir , girlspn , hillymum , iryna.prokh , Janeen0225 , japonica , JElaineB , jsave , justsamma , katelove , kathymuggle , LadyAnnibal , lilmissgiggles , lisak1234 , mama24-7 , mamabear0314 , mamasings , manyhatsmom , MeanVeggie , Michele123 , Mirzam , Mody , mumto1 , MyMotheringPath , NaturallyKait , nsmomtobe , NuzzleNudge , philomom , prayingforpeace , RollerCoasterMama , rosieQ , rubelin , sarrahlnorris , SchoolmarmDE , serenbat , shantimama , Shmootzi , Skippy918 , Snydley , Socks , Springshowers , spunk , sren , StarJune , stephalittle , swimming-duck , Synthetic Channel , tifga , Tweetie Bird , Wild Lupine , Xerxella|
|Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 12:21 PM.|