Study: Not Enough Evidence That HPV Vaccine Is Safe and Effective - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 242 Old 11-01-2012, 04:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taximom5 View Post

If you want to try to pretend that that sentence ("both vaccines may) provide...long-term protection"]means that "protection against HPV hasn't budged," go right ahead.
And the "crucial last line" is "Ongoing monitoring is essential." That doesn't mean "protection against HPV hasn't budged," either.
Fascinating, how you interpret everything to mean, "Totally safe! Totally effective!"

Taxi, you're missing the point of SkewedD's post. SkewedD read the actual article, not just the abstract, and is talking about the actual evidence presented in the article, rather than doing picky textual analysis on the abstract. 

#122 of 242 Old 11-01-2012, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erigeron View Post

Taxi, you're missing the point of SkewedD's post. SkewedD read the actual article, not just the abstract, and is talking about the actual evidence presented in the article, rather than doing picky textual analysis on the abstract. 

Can the actual information be posted here so we can crunch the numbers and review the infomation ourselves? I find it insulting that actual data is rarely provided, and condescension and insults are tossed out instead of information.
Devaskyla likes this.
#123 of 242 Old 11-02-2012, 01:49 AM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkewedD View Post

It's not whether anyone "disagrees" with VAERS reports or not, it is whether they are caused by or coincident to the vaccine. The only adverse event that has been demonstrated to be caused by HPV vaccine is syncope (fainting). The rest are coincidental.

I find it extremely disturbing that you state with much authority that "the rest are coincidental," when the fact is, you have no idea whether they are coincidental or not because they have not been followed up.

Some of those reports involved girls who either had syncope or seizures while driving , and died in the resultant car crash. The cause of death was listed as "car accident," which was clearly related to the HPV shot, but according to the parents of the girls, Merck refused to even look into it.

And you call it a coincidence, and insult anyone who points to a coverup.
#124 of 242 Old 11-02-2012, 03:32 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

So, are you categorizing all men as sex crazed machines?   That's a pretty bold statement you make right there, insinuating that the men are the ones out contracting and spreading VD...virginal bride??  LOL....how about a virginal man?  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkewedD View Post

This actually makes me physically ill to think about. I know that the earth is filled with judgmental people who don't have much of a grasp on reality, but this doesn't even make sense. It only takes one partner to contract HPV. One. Even if one wants to stick with the "virginal bride" model, the odds are pretty good that her future hubby is out contracting HPV right now. Further, several scientific studies have shown that HPV vaccine has no effect on "sexual responsibility". And those who subscribe to this thought pattern need to check themselves, because no one deserves to get cancer because they had premarital sex (and as I said above, intercourse is not required for HPV transmission).

#125 of 242 Old 11-02-2012, 04:43 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pek64 View Post

Can the actual information be posted here so we can crunch the numbers and review the infomation ourselves? I find it insulting that actual data is rarely provided, and condescension and insults are tossed out instead of information.

http://www.landesbioscience.com/journals/vaccines/RomanowskiHV7-2.pdf

It wasn't difficult to find.

Carseat-checking (CPST) and WAH mama to a twelve-year-old girl.
#126 of 242 Old 11-02-2012, 04:56 AM

SkewedD, edit your last post to be more respectful or I will have to delete it. Your mental health crack is disrespectful and over the line.

Taximom, edit post #101 to remove the personally targeted comment at the end. That is also disrespectful and over the line.

Mi vida loca: full-time WOHM, frugalista, foodie wannabe, 10+ years of TCOYF 

R-E-S-P-E-C-T spells BRAND NEW User Agreement!!

#127 of 242 Old 11-02-2012, 05:30 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickabiddy View Post

From the conclusion of that study:

"Long-term efficacy and any possible need for a booster vaccination with one or both vaccines are not yet established. However, lack of longer follow-up data should not delay institution of vaccination programs combined with continued screening and ongoing monitoring of the impact of vaccination…...

Conflicts of Interest

The author’s academic institution or corporation has received research support, honoraria and consultancy fees from GlaxoSmithKline Biologicals and Merck & Co. and conference sponsorship from GlaxoSmithKline Biologicals."

The numbers of years of effectiveness cited are 5 and 8.4. 

BeckyBird likes this.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#128 of 242 Old 11-02-2012, 05:58 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Taxi we've been through this before. Follow up is a signal that is then invesigated with a study, its not men in black suits should show up at your house after you make a report to vaers with a portable MRI or something. You don't know that those reports weren't followed up on.
#129 of 242 Old 11-02-2012, 06:14 AM

Rrrrachel: edit. Or delete. Or I can do it for you.

#130 of 242 Old 11-02-2012, 06:33 AM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)

asl.gif

Mosaic likes this.

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

#131 of 242 Old 11-02-2012, 06:48 AM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)

Whoah! I was typing my response before you posted yours, and by the time I clicked submit, you had already posted.

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

#132 of 242 Old 11-02-2012, 06:50 AM

That's why we have a report button, Becky! Never take the bait!! thumb.gif

#133 of 242 Old 11-02-2012, 07:09 AM

What's wrong with my post?
#134 of 242 Old 11-02-2012, 07:35 AM

If my current edit isn't sufficient please let me know and I'll edit more, or just delete it. It was sincerely not meant as bait, although in retrospect it was poorly conceived.
#135 of 242 Old 11-02-2012, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickabiddy View Post

It has nothing to do with how difficult it is to find. It has to do with everyone providing information that is upfront and respectful that supports the claims being made. That was, I was informed during the summer, the standard here. Have the rules changed? Or maybe there's a separate set of rules for the pro-vax folks?

This 'discussion' is getting out of hand, and is hardly helpful to those who are seeking information to make a decision.

Edited for typo.
#136 of 242 Old 11-02-2012, 10:33 AM

SkewedD, I am removing your ability to post on this thread due to refusing to abide by the rules.
Marnica likes this.

#137 of 242 Old 11-02-2012, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pek64 View Post

It has nothing to do with how difficult it is to find. It has to do with everyone providing information that is upfront and respectful that supports the claims being made. That was, I was informed during the summer, the standard here. Have the rules changed? Or maybe there's a separate set of rules for the pro-vax folks?
This 'discussion' is getting out of hand, and is hardly helpful to those who are seeking information to make a decision.
Edited for typo.

If someone references a study, it should be fair to assume she's familiar with what's in the study and can discuss the content of the study, instead of the wording of the abstract.

#138 of 242 Old 11-02-2012, 02:53 PM

I was informed in the summer that if I reference a study, or make a comment, I needed to provide a link to the study or article being referenced or supporting my comment. I accepted those rules. But if I must follow them, so do the pro-vax contingent.
#139 of 242 Old 11-02-2012, 02:59 PM

The link had already been posted to the study.
#140 of 242 Old 11-02-2012, 03:00 PM

And it was actually taxi who quoted the abstract without linking to the study, then I found the link and posted it.
#141 of 242 Old 11-06-2012, 01:33 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:

I find it extremely disturbing that you state with much authority that "the rest are coincidental," when the fact is, you have no idea whether they are coincidental or not because they have not been followed up.
Some of those reports involved girls who either had syncope or seizures while driving , and died in the resultant car crash. The cause of death was listed as "car accident," which was clearly related to the HPV shot, but according to the parents of the girls, Merck refused to even look into it.
And you call it a coincidence, and insult anyone who points to a coverup.

These were vaers reports?  I was curious how common these were, so ran quick page searches for "car" and "vehicle" and "accident" on each of the thirteen pages of results for a vaers search on the HPV vaccines and death.  I may be missing something because I thought there was one car accident death, but can't find it now - the only results for "car" was one poor girl who drove to work, got out of her car, walked into work, and collapsed.  Vehicle returns nothing, and all accidents returned were unrelated to cars.  IIRC, there were a few deaths from seizures both soon after and long after gardasil, but I don't think any of them caused car accidents.  I found the poor girl whose vaers report says she fell down a well over a month after vaccination, but there was no mention of a possible seizure causing her to fall. 

Car accidents were the leading cause of death in the vaccine safety trials, but no more common in the Gardasil group than the placebo group.

I'm still curious as to how common this is.  Perhaps you could provide a little more detail to help locate the reports? 

#142 of 242 Old 11-06-2012, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pers View Post

These were vaers reports?  I was curious how common these were, so ran quick page searches for "car" and "vehicle" and "accident" on each of the thirteen pages of results for a vaers search on the HPV vaccines and death.  I may be missing something because I thought there was one car accident death, but can't find it now - the only results for "car" was one poor girl who drove to work, got out of her car, walked into work, and collapsed.  Vehicle returns nothing, and all accidents returned were unrelated to cars.  IIRC, there were a few deaths from seizures both soon after and long after gardasil, but I don't think any of them caused car accidents.  I found the poor girl whose vaers report says she fell down a well over a month after vaccination, but there was no mention of a possible seizure causing her to fall. 

Car accidents were the leading cause of death in the vaccine safety trials, but no more common in the Gardasil group than the placebo group.

I'm still curious as to how common this is.  Perhaps you could provide a little more detail to help locate the reports? 

I found this using "gardasil death car".

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=10&ved=0CFAQFjAJ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fvaccineawakening.blogspot.com%2F2009%2F08%2Fgardasil-swine-flu-vaccines.html%3Fm%3D1&ei=leSZUJa1NozY8gSFjYCQBg&usg=AFQjCNFFZQeKOXiJCVde_uXidzbPzAI13g
#143 of 242 Old 11-07-2012, 01:17 AM

Quoted: 124 Post(s)

That's an unreferenced blog post from the site "Vaccine Awakening" which has a tagline: 

Quote:
". . . If the State can tag, track down and force citizens against their will to be injected with biologicals of unknown toxicity today, there will be no limit on which individual freedoms the State can take away in the name of the greater good tomorrow."

Pretty clear their agenda. If that's the best Google hit I'm not much convinced this is more than an urban myth to be honest.....

Mother of two living in UK. Daughter (2007) born in USA, son (2010) born here. I'm pro natural birth, midwife care, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby wearing and a keen advocate of cloth diapering. I'm a full time working research scientist (physical sciences) and I'm pro-vaccine.

#144 of 242 Old 11-07-2012, 06:20 AM

It mentions a JAMA article, though it isn't very specific about which article. Maybe we can track it down. 

#145 of 242 Old 11-07-2012, 07:27 AM

Quoted: 183 Post(s)

I don't think it matter if someone fell down a well or got in a car accident.  Obviously, it matter very much to their parents, but what we need to see is if people who have Gardasil shots are experiencing ill health, accidents or death more often than those who do not have Gardasil shots.  

I don't think that question has been answered definitively yet, so I absolutely think caution is indicated before embracing this vaccine.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#146 of 242 Old 11-07-2012, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pers View Post

Really? No kidding!

You mean, there were car accidents in both the group that got Gardasil and in the group that got the pretend placebo that contained all the same ingredients that might be causing fainting and seizures?

And they KNEW that some of these girls had either seizures or fainting spells while behind the wheel? And they just dismissed the results as being unrelated to the vaccine?

Aw, gee, you don't think there was ANY possibility Merck failed to report and/or act on adverse reactions, do you? I mean, have they EVER done so before?
BeckyBird likes this.
#147 of 242 Old 11-07-2012, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prosciencemum View Post

That's an unreferenced blog post from the site "Vaccine Awakening" which has a tagline: 

Pretty clear their agenda. If that's the best Google hit I'm not much convinced this is more than an urban myth to be honest.....

Equating the valid concern over forced vaccinations of biological material of unknown safety with an "agenda of urban myth" demonstrates a truly chilling agenda.
#148 of 242 Old 11-07-2012, 10:51 AM

Quote:

You mean, there were car accidents in both the group that got Gardasil and in the group that got the pretend placebo that contained all the same ingredients that might be causing fainting and seizures?

Car crashes are the leading cause of accidental death between ages 1 and 34.  I'm sad, but not at all surprised, that healthy teenage girls are dying in car crashes. 

#149 of 242 Old 11-07-2012, 11:03 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:

Really? No kidding!
And they KNEW that some of these girls had either seizures or fainting spells while behind the wheel? And they just dismissed the results as being unrelated to the vaccine?
Aw, gee, you don't think there was ANY possibility Merck failed to report and/or act on adverse reactions, do you? I mean, have they EVER done so before?

Where does it say any of the girls had fainting or seizure episodes behind the wheel? 

It doesn't give any information about the car accident deaths other than that they happened and were not linked to Gardasil.  My assumption would be that if a girl driving herself home from getting the shot caused an accident that killed her, that would be worthy of mention and as a possible link to Gardasil.  Thus, since they are listed as not linked, (and the fact that with all the bad press Gardasil gets, I'm fairly sure that if there was a case of suspected fainting while driving soon after Gardasil we would be able to find a news story on the specific incidence, especially if it resulted in a death)  the accidents were almost certainly with someone else driving and/or occurred later in the observation period as opposed to day of injection or soon after . 

Of course, I can not say that with 100% certainty because I do not have the details of the accidents.  You don't have that information either and so can't even say that any of the girls were even the driver when the accident that killed them occurred.  Thus we still don't have any documented cases of a girl fainting or having a seizure while driving after Gardasil.  

#150 of 242 Old 11-08-2012, 01:45 PM

Quote:

Equating the valid concern over forced vaccinations of biological material of unknown safety with an "agenda of urban myth" demonstrates a truly chilling agenda.

Good thing that's not what she said.

Tags
Vaccines , Vaccinations , Hpv

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page