Vaccine Injury After Gardasil – Are Higher Rates of Adverse Reactions Real? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 10-28-2012, 08:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Vaccines are known to cause inflammation of the brain, they are known to cause death, they are known to cause autoimmune and inflammatory conditions (see Catalogue of Science link here). What if the reason there are so many reports of adverse reactions to Gardasil is simply because the parents know the child and the child can tell the parent they feel different? What if all those supposedly “normal” reactions to vaccines like high pitched screaming, spiking a fever, being generally unsettled and not sleeping well, aren’t really that normal after all? What if some components of the vaccines are crossing the blood brain barrier... [Admin note: Edited for copyright  violation.  Quotes must be kept to 100 words unless you have permission from the author to share.]

http://www.greatergoodmovie.org/news-views/vaccine-injury-after-gardasil-are-higher-rates-of-adverse-reactions-real/

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#2 of 17 Old 10-28-2012, 12:57 PM

Quoted: 62 Post(s)

They cite made up statistics from a hypothetical study to make a point. Not too convincing to me...

They could instead look at a real study, like the one we discussed in this thread: http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1353634/vaxxed-vs-unvaxxed-study/20

(Study: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3057555/)

which showed, to the accuracy of the sample size used, absolutely no difference in general health of vaxxed and unvaxxed kids (excepted that the vaxxed ones were less likely to have had a VPD). 

Mother of two living in UK. Daughter (2007) born in USA, son (2010) born here. I'm pro natural birth, midwife care, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby wearing and a keen advocate of cloth diapering. I'm a full time working research scientist (physical sciences) and I'm pro-vaccine.

#3 of 17 Old 10-28-2012, 01:04 PM - Thread Starter

Prosciencemum, you are yet again quoting that study.  banghead.gif Thank you we have heard about it and it is junk science at its best. 

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#4 of 17 Old 10-28-2012, 01:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can anyone post a study specifically about Guardasil?
#5 of 17 Old 10-28-2012, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pek64 View Post

Can anyone post a study specifically about Guardasil?

What kind of study, there are several posted in the past few days and have active threads.

#6 of 17 Old 10-28-2012, 02:21 PM

It is not junk science. You choose to dismiss it based on some arbitrary non scientific standards. That's not the same.
#7 of 17 Old 10-28-2012, 02:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post

It is not junk science. You choose to dismiss it based on some arbitrary non scientific standards. That's not the same.

No . I dismiss it because it is a poorly designed study.

#8 of 17 Old 10-28-2012, 02:43 PM

No. It's not.
#9 of 17 Old 10-28-2012, 02:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post

No. It's not.

Yes it is. You want to keep going?

#10 of 17 Old 10-28-2012, 02:50 PM

Well, I can't prove a negative so sounds like the ball is in your court. I'll tell you the design is well within typical standards for an observational study.
#11 of 17 Old 10-29-2012, 12:17 AM

Very, very interesting idea. Food for thought, at the least. Thanks for posting.

chicken3.gif mama to two teens and two tots partners.gif madly in love with DP guitar.gif

#12 of 17 Old 10-29-2012, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by prosciencemum View Post

They cite made up statistics from a hypothetical study to make a point. Not too convincing to me...

No they didn't, they cite an actual study.

http://www.academicpedsjnl.net/article/S1876-2859(10)00250-0/fulltext

Quote:
An estimated 43% of US children (32 million) currently have at least 1 of 20 chronic health conditions assessed, increasing to 54.1% when overweight, obesity, or being at risk for developmental delays are included; 19.2% (14.2 million) have conditions resulting in a special health care need, a 1.6 point increase since 2003.

#13 of 17 Old 10-29-2012, 02:54 PM

I admit I hadn't researched gardasil very much before, we have about a decade before its really relevant to us. I started as a result of this thread and I'm just not finding the high adverse event numbers and deaths that have been referenced here. Could someone point me in the right direction?
#14 of 17 Old 10-30-2012, 06:38 AM

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirzam View Post

Oh I guess I misunderstood this quote then

Quote:
What if someone were to do a study comparing the health outcomes of vaccinated to unvaccinated children and found that 54% of the unvaccinated children were NOT chronically ill and 21% did NOT have developmental disabilities?

Sounds like a hypothetical study to me. 

Mother of two living in UK. Daughter (2007) born in USA, son (2010) born here. I'm pro natural birth, midwife care, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby wearing and a keen advocate of cloth diapering. I'm a full time working research scientist (physical sciences) and I'm pro-vaccine.

#15 of 17 Old 10-30-2012, 07:06 AM

Both hepatitis B vaccine and  one of the human papillomavirus HPV vaccines (Gardasil) contain yeast proteins.  These vaccines are made by inserting the gene that makes one viral surface protein into a plasmid (small circular pieces of DNA) and putting the plasmid into baker's yeast.  When the yeast cells grow, they also make the viral proteins that eventually become the vaccine.  Hep. B and HPV vaccines contain between one and five milligrams (thousandths of a gram of yeast proteins.  Two HPV vaccines are available:  Gardasil-This vaccine was first made available in June 2006.  It contains proteins from four common HPV types: 6, 11, 16, and 18.  Types 16 and 18 cause 70 of 100 cases of cervical cancer, and types 6 and 11 cause 90 of 100 cases of anal and genital warts.  If anyone has a severe reaction to this immunization, then they should not get any more.  However, when asking how scientists know who should get it, the answer can be found when doctors look under the microscope of pap smears.  Most women infected with HPV rid themselves of it, but in some, the virus continues to infect cells of the cervix, causing pre-cancerous and then cancerous changes.  All women who pass through three stages of cervical infection will get cervical cancer.  HPV vaccine has been clearly shown to prevent  this.  In 2009 the FDA licensed the Gardasin vaccine for boys and men between 9 and 26 years of age.  It was based on studies that showed it to be effective in preventing anal and genital warts.  Unfortunately, the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices did not fully recommend the vaccine, instead giving it a permissive recommendation, meaning people can use it if they want.  Unfortunate, because now insurance companies may not pay for the vaccine for boys. And it will be harder to prevent anal and genital warts and cancers in men, and to lessen transmission of HPV from men to women.

#16 of 17 Old 10-30-2012, 07:15 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by prosciencemum View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirzam View Post

Oh I guess I misunderstood this quote then

Quote:
What if someone were to do a study comparing the health outcomes of vaccinated to unvaccinated children and found that 54% of the unvaccinated children were NOT chronically ill and 21% did NOT have developmental disabilities?

Sounds like a hypothetical study to me. 

You probably didn't read the sources which were link referenced in the body of the article or you would have realized it wasn't a made up study.

#17 of 17 Old 10-30-2012, 07:35 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollypinks View Post

Both hepatitis B vaccine and  one of the human papillomavirus HPV vaccines (Gardasil) contain yeast proteins.  These vaccines are made by inserting the gene that makes one viral surface protein into a plasmid (small circular pieces of DNA) and putting the plasmid into baker's yeast.  When the yeast cells grow, they also make the viral proteins that eventually become the vaccine.  Hep. B and HPV vaccines contain between one and five milligrams (thousandths of a gram of yeast proteins.  Two HPV vaccines are available:  Gardasil-This vaccine was first made available in June 2006.  It contains proteins from four common HPV types: 6, 11, 16, and 18.  Types 16 and 18 cause 70 of 100 cases of cervical cancer, and types 6 and 11 cause 90 of 100 cases of anal and genital warts.  If anyone has a severe reaction to this immunization, then they should not get any more.  However, when asking how scientists know who should get it, the answer can be found when doctors look under the microscope of pap smears.  Most women infected with HPV rid themselves of it, but in some, the virus continues to infect cells of the cervix, causing pre-cancerous and then cancerous changes.  All women who pass through three stages of cervical infection will get cervical cancer.  HPV vaccine has been clearly shown to prevent  this.  In 2009 the FDA licensed the Gardasin vaccine for boys and men between 9 and 26 years of age.  It was based on studies that showed it to be effective in preventing anal and genital warts.  Unfortunately, the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices did not fully recommend the vaccine, instead giving it a permissive recommendation, meaning people can use it if they want.  Unfortunate, because now insurance companies may not pay for the vaccine for boys. And it will be harder to prevent anal and genital warts and cancers in men, and to lessen transmission of HPV from men to women.

You are talking surrogate markers which is vaccine manufacturers slight of hand when they have nothing better to go on.

There is no proof that HPV vaccine prevents cancer because takes 20 to 30 years to develop from HPV, as you pointed out the vaccine has only been available since 2006, so the manufacturers have to use surrogate markers, in this case CINs (cervical intraepithelial neoplasias) lesions on the cervix, which are classed as levels 1, 2 and 3. These lesions are not cancer, and as you point out the vast majority resolve by themselves with out intervention. One study showed that in teenage girls, 38% of CIN 2 resolve after one year and 63% after 2 and 68% after three years. That is if CIN 2 is correctly diagnosed in the first place. CIN was the primary marker used by Merck for Gardasil approval. Even a CIN 3 is not a diagnosis of future cancer. The progression is very slow and some regress back to normal tissue. It takes 5 years for 20% of CIN 3 lesions to progress to cancer and only 40% have progressed to cancer after 30 years. CIN 3 is the other marker used for Gardasil. Also a lesion also does not have to be a HPV 16 or HPV 18 derived lesion.

Frankly, I would be thrilled if insurance companies denied payment for HPV vaccination for boys which is purely a marketing strategy for the product. (I would know I worked for a certain pharmaceutical company in the PR department).

applejuice likes this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page