Who would you invite? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 11-02-2012, 07:42 AM - Thread Starter
Administrator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)

We are planning to invite a popular celebrity guests to answer the community's questions for a 24 hour period. I'd love to hear who you would like us to invite! We'll extend invitations to whomever we can and set the dates in a calendar for each one we host. So please, share with us who you would like to see join the community and have for a day of questions. smile.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 14 Old 11-04-2012, 11:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Paul Offit, Russell Blaylock, Andrew Wakefield

Loving mother, Devoted Wife
#3 of 14 Old 11-04-2012, 01:28 PM

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Boyd Haley, Russell Blaylock, Andrew Wakefield, Lucija Tomljenovic,
Mirzam likes this.
#4 of 14 Old 11-04-2012, 04:24 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Dr. Suzanne Humphries, Neil ******, Dr Mercola

Mirzam likes this.
#5 of 14 Old 11-06-2012, 03:14 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)

How about that Doctor guy from CNN - Sanjay Gupta is it? If a celebrity is going to comment on medical issues I'd prefer one with a medical background personally, and someone who is not a celebrity soley because of his/her stance on vaccination might be a more balanced person to invite to the vaccination boards. :) 

Mother of two living in UK. Daughter (2007) born in USA, son (2010) born here. I'm pro natural birth, midwife care, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby wearing and a keen advocate of cloth diapering. I'm a full time working research scientist (physical sciences) and I'm pro-vaccine.

#6 of 14 Old 11-06-2012, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prosciencemum View Post

How about that Doctor guy from CNN - Sanjay Gupta is it? If a celebrity is going to comment on medical issues I'd prefer one with a medical background personally, and someone who is not a celebrity soley because of his/her stance on vaccination might be a more balanced person to invite to the vaccination boards. :) 

what's wrong with a celebrity adding their opinion to the mix?  They may have a personal story to tell.  

#7 of 14 Old 11-06-2012, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmy526 View Post

what's wrong with a celebrity adding their opinion to the mix?  They may have a personal story to tell.  

Why is their personal story any more interesting than anyone else's though?

That was just my opinion on it. You don't have to agree, and neither does Mothering.com, but I think I'm allowed to state it. :) 

Mother of two living in UK. Daughter (2007) born in USA, son (2010) born here. I'm pro natural birth, midwife care, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby wearing and a keen advocate of cloth diapering. I'm a full time working research scientist (physical sciences) and I'm pro-vaccine.

#8 of 14 Old 11-06-2012, 06:35 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)

How about Jenny McCarthy?  Bolt.gif

I do find her personal story fascinating.  

Mayim Bialik would be a good one to invite as well (I believe she does not vaccinate and has a degree is neuroscience).

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#9 of 14 Old 11-06-2012, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymuggle View Post

Mayim Bialik would be a good one to invite as well (I beleive she does not vaccinate and has a degree is neuroscience).

Mayim Bialik would be interesting. I'm curious how she reconciles her choice with her scientific background. However she may not want to play - based on this article she wrote in response to people grumbling about her viewpoints on vaccination: http://www.kveller.com/mayim-bialik/vaccinations-and-other-things-i-dont-want-to-discuss/

#10 of 14 Old 11-06-2012, 07:09 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)

I would like to hear from Dr. Sherri Tenpenny.

Mirzam likes this.

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

#11 of 14 Old 11-06-2012, 02:11 PM

They are people just like anyone else and are entitled to give their opinion too...one can choose to dismiss their opinions based upon social status...those of us who have had similiar experiences that are talked about by these people, whether drs, or celebrities, is my main concern, not their social status as a celebrity.   I am interested in all relevant information.  And, i never said their story was more interesting, i was stating that one may have an experience to share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prosciencemum View Post

Why is their personal story any more interesting than anyone else's though?

That was just my opinion on it. You don't have to agree, and neither does Mothering.com, but I think I'm allowed to state it. :) 

#12 of 14 Old 11-06-2012, 04:37 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)

They are absolutely welcome to share their stories -- I think mothering.com has open registration.  Whether they "deserve" top billing and guest star spot is another matter.

prosciencemum likes this.

Carseat-checking (CPST) and WAH mama to a twelve-year-old girl.
#13 of 14 Old 11-06-2012, 05:24 PM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Paul Offit, Jay Gordon, one or both of the Brothers Sears, Lawrence Rosen, Tom Jefferson (author of the controversial flu vax studies), Barbara Loe Fisher, Sherri Tenpenny, James Cherry (physician, researcher, and expert on pertussis vax controversy).

OK, so they don't all qualify as celebrities lol.gif But their influence in this issue is tremendous.

In God we trust; all others must show data. selectivevax.gifsurf.gifteapot2.GIFintactivist.gif
#14 of 14 Old 11-07-2012, 07:46 AM

Salma Hayak, Jennifer Gardner and Amanda Peet have all expressed opinions (either verbally or by their actions) on vaccination. I'd be interested to know more about why they made those choices. 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page