Celebrity Chris O'Donnell hawking flu vaccines for Sanofi Pasteur - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-11-2012, 05:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)

http://www.mediapost.com/publications/article/182873/sanofi-pasteur-enlists-chris-odonnell.html

What a joke! We are going to be subjected to Chris's personal flu vaccine story! puke.gif

Quote:

O’Donnell will share his personal flu vaccination experience and help to educate about this potentially deadly disease and vaccine options through various media activities this flu season. 

This is all about selling vaccines. Of course we all know the flu vaccine is pretty much worthless (thank you Cochrane Report), and they are having a hard time convincing adults to take the vaccine, unless they are health care workers and are threatened with "get vaccinated or lose your job".

Edited by Mosaic to correct thread title by request.

t

"There are only two mistakes you can make in the search for the Truth. Not starting, and not going all the way." ~ Mark Passio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2012, 05:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

That's . . . not really what the cochrane report said.

Old 11-11-2012, 06:52 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
How is this any different than listening to the stories of anti-vax celebrities (which I have read about here on MDC).

BTW his name is Chris O'Donnell not O'Neil.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCMoulton View Post

How is this any different than listening to the stories of anti-vax celebrities (which I have read about here on MDC).

BTW his name is Chris O'Donnell not O'Neil.

This is a grown man talking about his flu vaccine experience. If that isn't pathetic I don't know what is. 

They are trying to sell adults that don't like needles flu vaccines. This is a marketing stratagy, pure and simple to shift more vaccines to a obviously reluctant market segment. Frankly, I don't think it is right to have celebrities as paid vaccine salesmen. And I do think it is different from non-vax celebrities sharing their experiences.

[Oops sorry I was thinking about a kid who plays for my son's soccer club. Mods can you change that for me.]

t

"There are only two mistakes you can make in the search for the Truth. Not starting, and not going all the way." ~ Mark Passio
Old 11-12-2012, 06:08 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirzam View Post

[Oops sorry I was thinking about a kid who plays for my son's soccer club. Mods can you change that for me.]
Done. smile.gif

I'm interested to see how effective this might be. Celebs stomp for tons of medications, supplements, etc., so I guess this is no different. But I'm not really clear what demographic he would really sway...

Mi vida loca: full-time WOHM, frugalista, foodie wannabe, 10+ years of TCOYF 

R-E-S-P-E-C-T spells BRAND NEW User Agreement!!

Old 11-12-2012, 06:15 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Personally I don't think celebrity endorsements accomplish much, but I don't have any data to back that up. I do like that he will be sharing his personal story of the flu.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:03 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosaic View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirzam View Post

Done. smile.gif

I'm interested to see how effective this might be. Celebs stomp for tons of medications, supplements, etc., so I guess this is no different. But I'm not really clear what demographic he would really sway...

Adults who are needle shy so don't bother to get a flu shot. The Sanofi is selling the shot with a much smaller, thinner needle - that's the sales benefit.

t

User Tag List