Do you find these debates helpful in making your decision? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: How helpful do or did you find the debate threads?
extremely helpful 2 7.41%
very helpful 3 11.11%
moderately helpful 3 11.11%
sort of helpful 2 7.41%
slightly helpful 2 7.41%
not helpful 11 40.74%
hindering 4 14.81%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 38 Old 11-27-2012, 06:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Buzz Beater, please edit your post to avoid name calling. Thank you.
#32 of 38 Old 11-27-2012, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pek64 View Post

Buzz Beater, please edit your post to avoid name calling. Thank you.

Which words are bothering you? I wrote a sincere post. And forgive me, I don't know you. Why are you telling me to edit my post?

#33 of 38 Old 11-27-2012, 06:37 PM - Thread Starter

I am the thread starter. I am trying to keep this respectful. Please eliminate all references to others. Thank you.
#34 of 38 Old 11-27-2012, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pek64 View Post

I think the title says it well.
For those who are, or have been, undecided, do or did you find the vaccine debates here on Mothering helpful?
Edited to request that all posts be about helpfulness of the debate forum, and personal vaccination decisions be omitted.

I don't think it's a very good discussion if we simply answer "helpful" but don't say why. You asked about the debates here and whether or not they were helpful to us. How can I assume you mean anything other than my personal decision?  You can't say you don't like my answer and I have to change it.

I haven't tried to insult anyone. I tried to make clear that some of the arguments here, in the debate in these pages, made me believe that it doesn't seem rational to leave my child unvaxxed. I've said how things seem to me.

edited.

#35 of 38 Old 11-27-2012, 06:44 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)

Buzzer has been asked to edit the last paragraph of her/his post. Please stay on topic about how the debate threads have helped you make your vaccine decisions and avoid negative characterizations. 

Mama to DD September 2001 and DD April 2011 *Winner for most typos* eat.gif
#36 of 38 Old 11-27-2012, 06:48 PM

I find this very helpful but maybe it's because I'm new and haven't really seen what others are referring to. It's extremely helpful when people share information and challenge my thoughts/beliefs. I've been reading some of the posts for a few days and decided to join and post because, honestly, I really want someone to convince me that vaccinating is the right thing for me. My heart and my gut say No. But because it is so against the grain, I want to know what it is that I'm not seeing.
#37 of 38 Old 11-27-2012, 07:03 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzer Beater View Post

I haven't tried to insult anyone. I tried to make clear that some of the arguments here, in the debate in these pages, made me believe that it doesn't seem rational to leave my child unvaxxed. I've said how things seem to me.

The question is not if one side's argument has been helpful - the question is whether the debate threads are helpful to you. If you have made your decision because one side did not seem trustworthy - that is an indication that the debates were helpful to you.  You can answer that without characterizing one side of the debate.

Mama to DD September 2001 and DD April 2011 *Winner for most typos* eat.gif
#38 of 38 Old 11-28-2012, 06:13 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdentityCrisisMama View Post

So, to keep things on track...

Chicha and Pickle - do you, personally, find debate threads helpful when it comes to making your vaccine choices? 

Sometimes. I like to keep up with any new developments in the field, and it's nice to know that there are people on both sides who post as soon as they find something.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page