Evidence of govenrment cover-up re: vaccines and autism - Page 10 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#271 of 281 Old 12-27-2012, 12:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
And ftr I also prefer to tat things naturally as possible. I just find the mentality that natural is automatically better completely foolish and almost always hypocritical.
#272 of 281 Old 12-27-2012, 01:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post

And ftr I also prefer to tat things naturally as possible. I just find the mentality that natural is automatically better completely foolish and almost always hypocritical.

hmmm so you also choose to do things naturally when and if it makes sense for you. This is the sentiment that MOST people who use alternative medicine subscribe to. And again, feeling that man monkeys around with Mother Nature too much and too often and maybe should back off in certain circumstances has nothing to do with convenience and is certainly not a black and white issue. I also don't see the mentality that natural automatically means better in all cases no exceptions going on here. Why can't natural = better whenever the natural choice is feasible and makes sense to the "user"? It can according to your own admission of preferring to do things naturally when possible. Doesn't mean its automatically better in all cases.

BeckyBird likes this.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#273 of 281 Old 12-27-2012, 01:30 PM

Quoted: 91 Post(s)

nm

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#274 of 281 Old 12-27-2012, 01:38 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymuggle View Post

This article says about 1/4000 people have mitochondrial disorders.  It looks like mitochondrial disorders are not always easy to diagnose and that diagnosis can be from infancy to adulthood.  

http://www.mitoaction.org/mito-faq#how.  

Thanks for the link.

Hmm, this reminds me of the Hannah Poling case.

I would guess that if it were easy to diagnose, her parents who were medical professionals would have had it checked if there had been symptoms. As it is even a DNA test isn't always reliable.

It makes me wonder how many other "rare" underlying conditions there are that may be "aggravated" by vaccines. 

#275 of 281 Old 12-27-2012, 04:14 PM

Forgive the source, but this is really one of the clearest rundowns on the Hannah poling case I've been able to find. He does a good job describing mitochondrial disorders and their effects in Lay men's terms, explains how the legal standard used by vicp is far far below a scientific standard,and some other things. In the interest of keeping quotes under 100 words I'll only excerpt this little snippet.
Quote:
The bottom line is that it is fever from any source, be it a vaccine reaction or, more commonly, an infection that can exacerbate mitochondrial disorders and provoke encephalopathy. Moreover, because of the confounding factor of multiple ear infections, it’s not 100% clear that Hannah’s vaccinations even caused her regression, although it is certainly possible.

Also he points out and explains that Hannah's diagnosis isn't really autism, anyway.
#276 of 281 Old 12-27-2012, 04:15 PM

#277 of 281 Old 12-27-2012, 07:55 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)

Allopathic medicine is only one form of medicine, and it is not always the best option. It is up to the individual to decide. I agree with Marnica---I prefer natural first, with pharmaceuticals as a last resort.

MeepyCat, I saw this tonight and thought of you. Maybe this could help somehow http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/research-curcumin-triple-negative-breast-cancer-killer

http://www.greenmedinfo.com/guide/health-guide-breast-cancer

If you choose allopathic treatment, naturopathic treatment, or anywhere in between, it is ultimately your body, your choice.

"Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."

~Captain Hammer (j/k, it was Plato)

#278 of 281 Old 12-28-2012, 09:09 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:

Also he points out and explains that Hannah's diagnosis isn't really autism, anyway.

Reading about this case further cements my desire to avoid vaccines; I say no thanks to anything that can cause fever, lethargy, irritation, crying for long periods of time with back arching for TEN DAYS eventually followed by autism-"like" symptoms.

Quote:

According to her mother’s affidavit, CHILD developed a fever of 102.3 degrees two days after her immunizations and was lethargic, irritable, and cried for long periods of time. Pet. Ex. 2 at 6. She exhibited intermittent, high-pitched screaming and a decreased response to stimuli. Id. MOM spoke with the pediatrician, who told her that CHILD was having a normal reaction to her immunizations. Id. According to CHILD’s mother, this behavior continued over the next ten days, and CHILD also began to arch her back when she cried. Id.

Normal reaction, eh? I'm so glad my dd has never had this kind of "normal" reaction to anything. eyesroll.gif

It's interesting that although Hannah developed what the doctor diagnosed as a post-varicella vaccination rash, neither this nor any of her other symptoms were reported to VAERS. 

I wonder if one of the reasons why the court had to concede this case is because the parents were medical professionals who dutifully took their daughter to all the recommended pediatric visits so her descent into autism-"like" symptoms after vaccination is fully documented.

applejuice likes this.

#279 of 281 Old 12-28-2012, 11:11 AM

Quote:

Forgive the source, but this is really one of the clearest rundowns on the Hannah poling case I've been able to find. He does a good job describing mitochondrial disorders and their effects in Lay men's terms, explains how the legal standard used by vicp is far far below a scientific standard,and some other things. In the interest of keeping quotes under 100 words I'll only excerpt this little snippet.

This is what the court document said:

"In sum, DVIC has concluded that the facts of this case meet the statutory criteria for demonstrating that the vaccinations CHILD received on July 19, 2000, significantly aggravated an underlying mitochondrial disorder, which predisposed her to deficits in cellular energy metabolism, and manifested as a regressive encephalopathy with features of autism spectrum disorder."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-kirby/the-vaccineautism-court-d_b_88558.html?

How to mince words 101.

There is no biological test for autism as far as I know.  It is defined by its symptoms.  

Of course the government is not going to say the vaccines caused her autism (instead they are going to use wishy-washy statements like manifested and "features of" ).  That might further open Pandoras box and we cannot have that.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#280 of 281 Old 12-28-2012, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymuggle View Post

How to mince words 101.

There is no biological test for autism as far as I know.  It is defined by its symptoms.  

Of course the government is not going to say the vaccines caused her autism (instead they are going to use wishy-washy statements like manifested and "features of" ).  That might further open Pandoras box and we cannot have that.

Nope. Autism is defined by its symptoms, but that doesn't mean it's diagnosed solely based on those symptoms. Other possible causes of the symptoms are investigated.

Heartburn is defined by its symptoms. There is no test for heartburn. But if you show up at the ER with complaints that sound like heartburn, tests will be done to rule out other conditions with similar symptoms (like, fr'instance, a heart attack). That's basically the same as what happened in this case. Autistic symptoms caused by something else aren't autism, any more than heartburn-like symptoms caused by a heart attack are the same as heartburn.

WOHM to a girl jog.gif (6-11) and a new baby boy stork-boy.gif (2-14) and adjusting to the full-time life and husband being a SAHD. 
#281 of 281 Old 12-28-2012, 01:54 PM

erigeron, I am not sure what the "nope" was for.  I said autism was defined by symptoms I said there was no biological test for autism.  Both of these statement you agreed with.
You then went on about how they rule out other conditions before reaching a diagnosis, which I did not discuss at all (therefore there is no need for a "nope").  

Either you did not read too carefully, there is a miscommunication, or you just like saying "nope" to those you generally disagree with. wink1.gif
applejuice likes this.

Tags
Vaccines , Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page