Evidence of govenrment cover-up re: vaccines and autism - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 281 Old 12-03-2012, 09:09 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Who Says There is No Money in Making Vaccines? At Least $5.7 Billion Given to Vaccine Manufacturers in 2011 by US Gov't

Company

Contract

Amount

Sanofi Pasteur 200-2011-38199 $1,142,400,000.00 [10]
GlaxoSmithKline 200-2011-38201 $786,456,400.00 [11]
Merck 200-2011-38200 $1,704,454,000.00 [12]
Novartis 200-2011-38204 $451,660,000.00 [13]
Pfizer 200-2011-38203 $1,652,570,000.00 [14]
MassBiologics 200-2011-38202 $11,250,000.00 [15]

Total   $5,748,790,400.00

Quote:

If we estimate a 10 percent profit from 5.7 billion dollars, this leaves the corporations with an average of 100 million dollars per company.

I have to ask you this question, “Is $100,000,000 a lot of money to you?”

Keep in mind, this is only for the federal Vaccines For Children (VFC) program. The total amount is likely much higher.

Taximom5 likes this.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#92 of 281 Old 12-04-2012, 03:16 AM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mirzam, your source said:

"If we estimate a 10 percent profit from 5.7 billion dollars, this leaves the corporations with an average of 100 million dollars per company."

Yes, estimating their profits by pulling a number out of thin air is totally evidence.
#93 of 281 Old 12-04-2012, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eligracey View Post

Mirzam, your source said:

"If we estimate a 10 percent profit from 5.7 billion dollars, this leaves the corporations with an average of 100 million dollars per company."

Yes, estimating their profits by pulling a number out of thin air is totally evidence.

This was not pulled out of thin air. Did you read the article?

kathymuggle likes this.

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#94 of 281 Old 12-04-2012, 05:43 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Hi.  :)
BeckyBird likes this.
#95 of 281 Old 12-04-2012, 06:02 AM

Taximom and Mirzam, please edit your last posts. I understand your frustration with other members, but we need to keep this thread is about topic, not other people.

Eligracey has been banned, and I'll clean up other offending posts as I get to them; so hopefully that will help get things back on track.

Thanks to you all for hitting the report button! joy.gif

Mi vida loca: full-time WOHM, frugalista, foodie wannabe, 10+ years of TCOYF 

R-E-S-P-E-C-T spells BRAND NEW User Agreement!!

#96 of 281 Old 12-04-2012, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosaic View Post

Taximom and Mirzam, please edit your posts. I understand your frustration with other members, but we need to keep this thread is about topic, not other people.

Eligracey has been banned, and I'll clean up other offending posts as I get to them; so hopefully that will help get things back on track.

Thanks to you all for hitting the report button! joy.gif

Thank you Mosaic. 

I will edit my post. thumb.gif

#97 of 281 Old 12-04-2012, 06:17 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Kathy when I said fringe I meant "not mainstream".  I didn't not mean anything offensive about it.  I'd be offended to be called mainstream myself. 

Now back to what is really going on.  Things I can believe:  I can completely believe that any given vaccine or drug could cause harm.  And if you all remember the Vioxx issue a few years ago my DH was part of that little fun adventure.  It was a high seller until people started getting sick and hurt and their claims were distinguishable and legit.  For years people were saying that SOME people should not get the FLU vaccine and while many didn't pay attention the "SOME", quite a few did.  After years of research there is quite a list of who should and should not take the FLU vaccine.   In fact I credit the Flu vaccine for furthering studies in quite a few orphan diseases. 

I can also believe that profit is a high point with any drug, it took a lot to get Vioxx off the shelves but it was done.  And with all things nothing is 100% safe.  I will not dismiss anyones claim of vaccine injury but I will dismiss the idea that vaccines are the devil and do absolutely no good.  There is that 1% with everything.  That group of people who will naturally react badly to medicines or procedures.  That is why the list of reactions is there for you/us to read and decide over. 

Government cover ups?  Of course that happens.  Why would we need to know everything there is to know?  However covering up something like a mass genocide or dumbing down of the population does not actually equal profit in the end. 

ION, GOP and LOP are great places for those who believe that.

#98 of 281 Old 12-04-2012, 07:05 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imakcerka View Post

After years of research there is quite a list of who should and should not take the FLU vaccine.   In fact I credit the Flu vaccine for furthering studies in quite a few orphan diseases. 

I can also believe that profit is a high point with any drug, it took a lot to get Vioxx off the shelves but it was done.  And with all things nothing is 100% safe.  I will not dismiss anyones claim of vaccine injury but I will dismiss the idea that vaccines are the devil and do absolutely no good.  There is that 1% with everything.  That group of people who will naturally react badly to medicines or procedures.  That is why the list of reactions is there for you/us to read and decide over. 

Can you please post this list of who should and should not take the FLU vaccine?  I would also like your comments on whether you think that list is complete, and whether you personally believe that healthy individuals working in health care companies should be fired for refusing it?  (And what if those healthy individuals are pregnant???)

And why do you say that "the list of reactions is there for you/us to read and decide over," when most people receiving a vaccine don't receive that list, and also have little or no choice as to whether or not they can receive it?

I am not dismissing the idea that vaccines can do good, either.  But 1% is not an accurate figure.  In fact, we don't know what the figure is, but the evidence so far is that it's a lot higher than that--and that's where the government coverup starts.  That's also where the average person fails to understand that, just because they haven't had a serious reaction doesn't mean that such reactions are vanishingly rare.  As I've said over and over, we're limited by this vicious circle, where we can't convince people that reactions are more common, because doctors fail to properly recognize and report such reactions, and then other doctors say, "well, those reactions are hardly ever reported, so they don't happen."

Imagine if peanut allergy reactions weren't recognized as coming from eating peanuts, and the parents were told that their child was born with this, and to stop looking for something to blame, peanuts are good for everyone, and the 1%, well, that doesn't matter. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imakcerka View Post

Government cover ups?  Of course that happens.  Why would we need to know everything there is to know?  

So it's ok with you that there are government coverups, because why would we need to know everything that there is to know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imakcerka View Post

However covering up something like a mass genocide or dumbing down of the population does not actually equal profit in the end. 

Nobody on this board ever said or even suggested that a mass genocide is being attempted by the government, or by the pharmaceutical industry.  And if you bring the supposed "dumbing down of the population" into the discussion, I'd say that I'm not even looking at vaccines as having anything to do with that.  My biggest concerns regarding that are the budget cuts to the education system combined with our cultural emphasis on the children of today, with their heads always buried in a computer, smart phone, or TV, and having earbuds permanently affixed to their ears.Oh, and the crap diet in the US, and lack of exercise.

But that's off topic.

What's being covered up is the fact that profit has displaced safety and efficacy in the pharmaceutical industry to the point where lying has become accepted, and in some areas, mandated according to those in the industry. 

We see this kind of thing in every industry, really.  Look at Bernie Madoff, for heaven's sake. Do you think he said, "Oooh, I'm gonna ruin all these peoples' lives!"  Of course not.  He convinced himself that he wasn't really hurting anyone.  Or he put it out of his mind. And so it is with corrupted people in positions of power everywhere.

Mirzam and BeckyBird like this.
#99 of 281 Old 12-04-2012, 08:58 AM

Wait people actually go to doctors that don't give them the side effects list?  We always get it.  With every shot.  I have a million of the things floating around my house. And how do people have little to no choice about receiving it?  I can't imagine that if you ask for it a doctor is going to say no.  Or that Google doesn't work for people.

obstruct livery vehicles

#100 of 281 Old 12-04-2012, 09:13 AM - Thread Starter

Check your side effect list, honey.  I have a whole bunch of them, too.

Mine says, "side effects may include redness and swelling at the injections site, soreness, mild fever, and irritability."

That's what I was always given--AFTER the shot, on my way out of the office.  When they remembered to give it to me.

It never mentioned the possibility of seizure reactions,encepalopathy,  full-body rashes, arthritis/arthalgia, migraines, or autoimmune disorders like diabetes, fibromyalgia, thyroid disease, lupus, MS,Guillaine-Barre syndrome, or celiac disease.

Those were listed in the package insert. But I was never given the package insert.  I was given the office form. which didn't mention any of the side effects my children had.

So much for informed consent.

rachelsmama likes this.
#101 of 281 Old 12-04-2012, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taximom5 View Post

Check your side effect list, honey.  I have a whole bunch of them, too.

Mine says, "side effects may include redness and swelling at the injections site, soreness, mild fever, and irritability."

That's what I was always given--AFTER the shot, on my way out of the office.  When they remembered to give it to me.

It never mentioned the possibility of seizure reactions,encepalopathy,  full-body rashes, arthritis/arthalgia, migraines, or autoimmune disorders like diabetes, fibromyalgia, thyroid disease, lupus, MS,Guillaine-Barre syndrome, or celiac disease.

Those were listed in the package insert. But I was never given the package insert.  I was given the office form. which didn't mention any of the side effects my children had.

So much for informed consent.

Mine mention all those except celiac and give how many people have reported, i.e. 1 in 4 for swelling, etc.  We always get them first too.

obstruct livery vehicles

#102 of 281 Old 12-04-2012, 09:53 AM

It is required by law for your doctor to give you the vaccine safety data sheet BEFORE you receive the vaccine. They absolutely do mention serious side effects. Is not really appropriate for it to list all the "side effects" that are on the insert, since the threshold for being on the insert is very very low and it in no way really implies that that condition was CAUSES by the vaccine.
#103 of 281 Old 12-04-2012, 09:56 AM

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post

It is required by law for your doctor to give you the vaccine safety data sheet BEFORE you receive the vaccine. They absolutely do mention serious side effects. Is not really appropriate for it to list all the "side effects" that are on the insert, since the threshold for being on the insert is very very low and it in no way really implies that that condition was CAUSES by the vaccine.

Bolding mine.  Good to know and glad you shared this.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#104 of 281 Old 12-04-2012, 12:32 PM

Quote:

Were you aware that autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is affecting 1 in 88 children (2010 study based on 2008 population)? that 1 in 50 boys are afflicted? that some unknown number of children are afflicted but not diagnosed? that vaccines contain formaldehyde? some vaccines contain squalene, an adjuvant which tampers with the immune system?  There is a lot of information which is not distributed to parents before they are injected, and there is information which is just not available because there has never been a study done on the effects of multiple vaccinations received at one time.  The CDC fully supports multiple vaccines, however, because it ensures the victim isn't going to give up on the vaccines just because of a severe reaction.  People, parents foremost, should be informed about the risks they are being subjected to, but that is just not happening. 

#105 of 281 Old 12-04-2012, 01:10 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:

It is required by law for your doctor to give you the vaccine safety data sheet BEFORE you receive the vaccine. 

A few weeks ago I took an elderly friend of mine who doesn't drive to run errands and go to CVS Pharmacy to get a flu vaccine and the doctor didn't hand her anything to look at; he just asked if she'd like the "super-strength" version or whatever it's called that they now recommend for the elderly. 

I wonder if they give it out only if you ask for it?

(BTW I don't think she should've gotten it but 1) she didn't ask for my opinion and it's a sore point already with her anti-vax daughters and 2) thankfully she's healthy as an ox but I admit I still feel a little guilty!)

#106 of 281 Old 12-04-2012, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicharronita View Post

A few weeks ago I took an elderly friend of mine who doesn't drive to run errands and go to CVS Pharmacy to get a flu vaccine and the doctor didn't hand her anything to look at; he just asked if she'd like the "super-strength" version or whatever it's called that they now recommend for the elderly. 

(BTW I don't think she should've gotten it but 1) she didn't ask for my opinion and it's a sore point already with her anti-vax daughters and 2) thankfully she's healthy as an ox but I admit I still feel a little guilty!)

There was a doctor doing the vaccinations at CVS?

#107 of 281 Old 12-04-2012, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildKingdom View Post

There was a doctor doing the vaccinations at CVS?

I'm wondering this too.  I've always seen them done by the pharmacist.

obstruct livery vehicles

#108 of 281 Old 12-04-2012, 04:44 PM

I wish there were doctors giving vaxes at CVS:  then my 10yo could get vaccinated.  I've only seen pharmacists doing vaxes in the pharmacies, and NPs in the Minute Clinic (which will take my kid, but we *really* don't like the one nearest us).

Carseat-checking (CPST) and WAH mama to a twelve-year-old girl.
#109 of 281 Old 12-04-2012, 06:34 PM

I wonder if he was a pharmacist and not a doctor? I was just at Costco, and noticed that the pharmacists there can give the flu vaccine. 

#110 of 281 Old 12-05-2012, 05:31 AM

The full Congressional Hearing with web links both Video and Transcripts is available here.

#111 of 281 Old 12-05-2012, 01:13 PM - Thread Starter

Great!  If you don't mind, I will repost.  I think it deserves its own thread!

#112 of 281 Old 12-06-2012, 09:33 AM

Quote:

I got mine done at CVS and did get the info sheet first, and i also filled out a form. They even gave me the preservative free shot since I'm nursing.

SAHM to DD1 9/18/08 DS 6/11/10 DD2 6/21/12 nocirc.gifcd.gifgreenthumb.gifhang.gif 

#113 of 281 Old 12-06-2012, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eligracey View Post

If they were afraid of losing face if people found out they were poisoning citizens, wouldn't they just quietly change all the vaccination formulas to be non harmful or even placebos?

Sounds great and easy in theory, but it isn't like substituting applesauce into a recipe to make it healthier... It would be very time consuming and expensive for big pharma to make changes to a vaccine. They don't want to do that. Plus 'egg on their face' doesn't quite capture the reaction if they were to admit they have been administering harmful concoctions to children for years. The public has low tolerance for anything that involves children, even criminals demonize other criminals if they've brought harm to kids. 'Egg on the face' is likely better described as 'major fallout'...
Marnica likes this.
#114 of 281 Old 12-06-2012, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamja View Post

Quote:

I got mine done at CVS and did get the info sheet first,

Did you have to ask for it?

#115 of 281 Old 12-06-2012, 11:17 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamja View Post

I got mine done at CVS and did get the info sheet first, and i also filled out a form. They even gave me the preservative free shot since I'm nursing.

What did your info sheet say?

Did they ask you if you were nursing, or did you have to tell them so and request the preservative-free shot?

Did you see them unpackage the shot?  At one vaccine visit, the nurse insisted that the shot she was about to give my daughter was preservative-free.  She said very proudly that ALL their shots were preservative-free. I had just watched her draw it from the multi-use vial; she had apparently been told that multi-use vials were now made preservative-free, which is not true and never has been.

applejuice likes this.
#116 of 281 Old 12-06-2012, 11:53 AM

Ugh, I've heard about that happening before. Which is why it's wise for parents to make sure and not take anyone's word. I hope she was just ignorant and not purposefully lying about a serious thing. 

#117 of 281 Old 12-06-2012, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Ugh, I've heard about that happening before. Which is why it's wise for parents to make sure and not take anyone's word. I hope she was just ignorant and not purposefully lying about a serious thing. 

Oh, I'm convinced she wasn't lying.  She really didn't know.  I made her get the package insert, and I showed her where it listed thimerosal.  She was REALLY taken aback.  I think she was just going along with what she'd been told, by--?? I  dunno.  The doctor who owned the practice?  The pharm rep?  

applejuice likes this.
#118 of 281 Old 12-07-2012, 01:51 PM

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceinAZ View Post

I know I don't have to point out that the whole point of Mothering.com, of motherhood itself, is to protect the children entrusted to us. Regarding the vaccination subject, this is a great failure among mothers in the U.S. Our kids deserve better.

Perhaps fathers, too?

I don't disagree with you, but both parents are on the hook for health care choices.

Kathy

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#119 of 281 Old 12-07-2012, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceinAZ View Post

That's great. More mothers should do that. AND they should do so for their children before they are given vaccines. AND ask questions, especially when multiple vaccines are given on a single visit. Multi-shot vials include thimerosal (ethyl mercury) to inhibit microbial contamination. Is that on the insert? No studies have been done by the CDC to ascertain the causality link between thimerosal and Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Is that on the sheet? I'm sure the inclusion of formaldehyde (to keep those dead viruses dead) is mentioned, but do they mention the EPA ppm limit for formaldehyde exposure as stated on the material safety data sheet (MSDS) which is required for handling (but not being injected with) formaldehyde, as compared to the amount in the total load of immunizations being received at the current time? Unless all those questions are answered--whether or not they are actually asked--there is no informed consent, and the odds of even getting an answer when asking those questions goes way down when there is not a parent present, which is sorta the point of this whole thread.
I know I don't have to point out that the whole point of Mothering.com, of motherhood itself, is to protect the children entrusted to us. Regarding the vaccination subject, this is a great failure among mothers in the U.S. Our kids deserve better.

No studies have been done regarding autism and thimerosol?  Really?

Here's eight.  http://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/00_pdf/CDCStudiesonVaccinesandAutism.pdf

#120 of 281 Old 12-07-2012, 02:22 PM

The amount of formaldehyde in vaccines is lower than the amount already produced in he human body in a typical day.
Quote:
Assuming an average weight of a 2-month-old of 5 kg and an average blood volume of 85 ml per kg, the total quantity of formaldehyde found in an infant's circulation would be about 1.1 mg, a value at least five-fold greater than that to which an infant would be exposed in vaccines

http://www.chop.edu/service/vaccine-education-center/hot-topics/formaldehyde.html

Tags
Vaccines , Vaccinations

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page