Evidence of govenrment cover-up re: vaccines and autism - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 281 Old 12-07-2012, 09:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
But is what's produced naturally by the body the same as having it injected?

#122 of 281 Old 12-07-2012, 09:20 PM

DP

#123 of 281 Old 12-07-2012, 09:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicharronita View Post

In this case, I really don't see how it couldn't be.
#124 of 281 Old 12-07-2012, 09:51 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I actually did a research project on autism and the research shows that there is no link of vaccines to autism. in medicine everything is evidence based. vaccines are given to protect people from disease. promoting something that would result in autistic children would be against the ethics of doctors and also against the economic viability of health programs

autism is predominantly an inherited condition and males are more commonly affected (4:1)

however two perfectly normal partners of high intellect can have an autistic child. and the effect on the family is significant.

the signs of autism are evident early on, the main one being the lack of a social smile.
#125 of 281 Old 12-08-2012, 04:53 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by studentDr View Post

I actually did a research project on autism and the research shows that there is no link of vaccines to autism. in medicine everything is evidence based. vaccines are given to protect people from disease. promoting something that would result in autistic children would be against the ethics of doctors and also against the economic viability of health programs
autism is predominantly an inherited condition and males are more commonly affected (4:1)
however two perfectly normal partners of high intellect can have an autistic child. and the effect on the family is significant.
the signs of autism are evident early on, the main one being the lack of a social smile.

1) Since there is valid, mainstream science, peer-reviewed research that does show a vaccine-autism link, it is grossly inaccurate to say that "the research shows no link." I suggest you familiarize yourself with www.14studies.org, which discusses those studies, and also discusses the very serious flaws and conflicts of interest surrounding the studies which purport to show no link.

2) While the predisposition to vaccine reaction and other related issues may be inherited, there is absolutely no research proving that autism is inherited, despite millions of pharma-funded dollars poured into such studies, which were an attempt to divert the focus away from vaccines and their effect on autism.

3). In medicine, "research-based" is now defined as "setting up the studies and massaging the data to find the conclusion the pharmaceutical industry wants," since it is the pharmaceutical industry that funds, directs, interprets, and pays ghost writers to write the studies. Oh, and they also pay enormous amounts of money to market the results of the studies, including heavily funding the news media.
applejuice and BeckyBird like this.
#126 of 281 Old 12-08-2012, 06:04 AM

lol where is the evidence that shows there is a link between autism and vaccinations ?
#127 of 281 Old 12-08-2012, 09:04 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by studentDr View Post

lol where is the evidence that shows there is a link between autism and vaccinations ?

1.  The many extremely similar stories from parents that notice their child regressed after vaccination.  I don't think many of them are looking for something to blame and I do not think they are rewriting history...dismissing the many parental stories is just patronisizing.

2.  Numerous court cases, where parenst were given compensation for vaccine damage.  I was suprised to see how many were given compensation for autism particularly if you go back a few years.  Nowadays, it seems you are more likely to get compensation if you say your child experienced brain damage from a vaccine rather than regressed into autism, but it is often a euphemism, IMHO.  Do a google search for the vaccine compensation program.

3.  Some studies.  I would look at the blog "Regarding Caroline" for a  list.  There have been many, many discussions here on autism and vaccines and if there is a link.  Many of the discussions have numerous links to studies, articles, etc.  I suggest doing a search if this is an area of interest for you.

The "lol" is a tad rude.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#128 of 281 Old 12-08-2012, 09:33 AM

Since it is so difficult for us to go over an actual study, perhaps studentDr would be willing to provide the particulars of the project worked on. And I mean details. I know I'd really like to see it.
Mirzam and kathymuggle like this.
#129 of 281 Old 12-08-2012, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post

Quote:

It seems like a small amount wouldn't be a big deal, but I will never be comfortable with injecting foreign particles through my skin. *Shudder*

#130 of 281 Old 12-08-2012, 12:36 PM

So how do you handle it when you get a cut or god forbid a puncture wound?
#132 of 281 Old 12-08-2012, 02:51 PM

Wildkingdom, thank you for your reply. It was well reasoned, and asked good questions. I based my statement entirely on the Congressional testimony of Dr. Colleen Boyle of the CDC, who said there had never been conducted a comparison of vaccinated versus unvaccinated autistic study, and that there had never been a review of autism comparing vaccinated versus populations. The two are slightly different, but it's a significant difference. How many kids with autism had been vaccinated? And what is the increase, if any, in likelihood of becoming injured by vaccines? The studies you cite, while accepted by the CDC are not acceptable to everyone, myself included. All have flaws, or have been conducted far enough away that the original data cannot be examined directly. Some were conducted by the vaccine manufacturers directly, some merely funded by them. They ALL defy logic. They all say that mercury in the form of thimerosal (ethyl mercury) has no significant statistical effect on developing brains. Every other study conducted outside of the CDC has determined that mercury is a powerful neurotoxin in ANY form.

But I do admit to being incorrect. Studies have been done. Apparently the CDC believes that thimerosal in vaccines is entirely safe. Other studies showing a causal link have all been snubbed by the CDC. Regardless, I will not allow ANY vaccine containing thimerosal to be injected into my child based on the CDC's studies. I realize this sounds closed-minded and possibly superstitious. I'm satisfied with the science showing that mercury is always harmful, in whatever form or amount.
#133 of 281 Old 12-08-2012, 02:52 PM

Quote:

So how do you handle it when you get a cut or god forbid a puncture wound?

Not so well; I over-react and cry out like a baby. So it's no surprise I have a needle phobia. 

And I hope to god I never have any puncture wounds that go into my fatty tissue like some vaccines. Or the need for IV vitamin C.

I found an article about this by an MD.

Injection Technique

Quote:

Most vaccines are injected directly into the muscle, while other vaccines must be injected in the fatty tissue under the skin. Those vaccines that are designed for muscular injection include the DTaP vaccine, the Hib conjugate vaccine, the pneumococcal conjugate vaccine, the meningococcal conjugate vaccine, the hepatitis B vaccine, the hepatitis A vaccine, and the HPV vaccine. Vaccines that must be given under the skin include the MMR vaccine, the pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine, the meningococcal polysaccharide vaccine, and the chickenpox vaccine.

The main purpose of the skin is to keep things out

#134 of 281 Old 12-08-2012, 03:38 PM

Quote:

So urine, saliva, feces, someone else's blood would all be ok to inject intramuscularly?

A, jammin.gif mama to a boy (2005) and a girl (2009)
#135 of 281 Old 12-08-2012, 03:42 PM

Well, vince, good thing none of the childhood vaccines contain thimerosal these days!  

#136 of 281 Old 12-08-2012, 03:43 PM

I guess it's depends on what you want to call "safe," bokonon.  Most of those things carry bacteria or diseases and could cause an infection, or worse.

#137 of 281 Old 12-08-2012, 03:44 PM

and I don't really see what that has to do with my point about formaldehyde?  My body doesn't produce those substances and have them in my blood, naturally.  A child already has formaldehyde present in their body at much higher levels than they receive from vaccines.

#138 of 281 Old 12-08-2012, 03:45 PM

Quote:

Well, vince, good thing none of the childhood vaccines contain thimerosal these days!  

Except for the annual flu shot, which is also recommended for pregnant women, and not always given preservative-free.

#139 of 281 Old 12-08-2012, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokonon View Post

Except for the annual flu shot, which is also recommended for pregnant women, and not always given preservative-free.

I guess I don't consider that a childhood vaccine, since it's given to adults?  But women still have the option of getting it thimerosal free.

#140 of 281 Old 12-08-2012, 04:22 PM

Quote:

I guess I don't consider that a childhood vaccine, since it's given to adults?  But women still have the option of getting it thimerosal free.

The flu shot is recommended for babies 6 months and up, every year.  I'm not sure how that wouldn't be considered a childhood vaccine when it's recommended annually for children.

#141 of 281 Old 12-08-2012, 04:57 PM

OIC, that's what you meant by ALSO recommended by pregnant women.  My mistake.  EIther  way, there's a thimerosal free version, so again, all childhood vaccines are available thimerosal free.

#142 of 281 Old 12-08-2012, 05:04 PM

Quote:

Most Hep B in Canada contains thimerosal, as do all flu shots, including those given to children.

Not everyone lives in the USA.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#143 of 281 Old 12-08-2012, 05:04 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:

Formaldehyde is CH2O, whether it occurs organically in the body or is injected with a needle.

Carseat-checking (CPST) and WAH mama to a twelve-year-old girl.
#144 of 281 Old 12-08-2012, 05:06 PM

Quote:

EIther  way, there's a thimerosal free version, so again, all childhood vaccines are available thimerosal free.

Having to know to ask for it, or your child or fetus might get a vaccine with thim in it is pretty sucky.  

Bokonon likes this.

#145 of 281 Old 12-08-2012, 05:13 PM

Quote:

OIC, that's what you meant by ALSO recommended by pregnant women.  My mistake.  EIther  way, there's a thimerosal free version, so again, all childhood vaccines are available thimerosal free.

That's not the same as "...good thing none of the childhood vaccines contain thimerosal these days!  " 

Having a thimerosal-free version available is not at all the same as no children receiving a shot with thimerosal.  

BeckyBird and kathymuggle like this.

#146 of 281 Old 12-08-2012, 05:28 PM

I wonder how many are opting for the thimerosal-free ones? I couldn't find anything.

#147 of 281 Old 12-08-2012, 06:02 PM

I do have a tendency to forget about the flu shot when I think about childhood vaccines.  either way, the fact still stands that you can do all shots on the schedule without thimerosal.  Concerns about thimerosal are not a reason not to vaccinate in the US, at least.

#148 of 281 Old 12-08-2012, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymuggle View Post

Having to know to ask for it, or your child or fetus might get a vaccine with thim in it is pretty sucky.  

Only if you think thimerosal is harmful in the quantities contained in vaccines.  Which I don't.

#149 of 281 Old 12-08-2012, 07:57 PM

Quote:

I do have a tendency to forget about the flu shot when I think about childhood vaccines.  either way, the fact still stands that you can do all shots on the schedule without thimerosal.  Concerns about thimerosal are not a reason not to vaccinate in the US, at least.

That is your opinion.  I think you owe Vince an apology for mocking him about thimerosal, when you had your facts wrong.

BeckyBird likes this.

#150 of 281 Old 12-08-2012, 08:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Quote:

It's given to all children and infants starting at age 6 months--and the first year, TWO flu shots are given.

So why woud you not consider that a childhood vaccine?

Tags
Vaccines , Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page