Evidence of govenrment cover-up re: vaccines and autism - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2012, 09:13 PM - Thread Starter
 
Taximom5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,314
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post

OIC, that's what you meant by ALSO recommended by pregnant women.  My mistake.  EIther  way, there's a thimerosal free version, so again, all childhood vaccines are available thimerosal free.

Just because thimerosal-free versions are MADE doesn't mean that they are available.  Some doctors' offices, Wal-Marts, pharmacies, clinics, and shot clinics held at schools and/or places of employmment, etc., do NOT offer thimerosal-free versions.

 

In fact, even though there are several different thimerosal-free versions, it's the thimerosal-preserved version that is the most widely available.

 

In addition, many states have enacted legislation allowing thimerosal-preserved pediatric vaccines to be used when thimerosal-free are "unavailable."

Taximom5 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-08-2012, 11:19 PM
 
TCMoulton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Chicago Suburbs
Posts: 4,079
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taximom5 View Post

It's given to all children and infants starting at age 6 months--and the first year, TWO flu shots are given.

So why woud you not consider that a childhood vaccine?


This is simply not true. My daughters are 10 & 8 and they have never received a flu shot nor has their pediatrician told us that they had to have one. Asked my sisters and their kids are the same. While it may be recommended for children it certainly isn't seen as absolutely necessary by all peds. Blanket statements like this do nothing to further your position
TCMoulton is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 11:50 PM
 
Honey693's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,086
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taximom5 View Post

It's given to all children and infants starting at age 6 months--and the first year, TWO flu shots are given.

 

So why woud you not consider that a childhood vaccine?

Because it's not one of the ones you need to get an exemption for if you skip.  And I've never had it just given to my 3 kids.  They ask if we want it, I answer, we move on.  But then again I've never had any shot just given to my kids.  Our doctor is one of those that actually asks before they do anything.  You should really try to find one if you ped is just giving your kids vaccines without saying anything to you.


obstruct livery vehicles

Honey693 is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 12:50 AM
 
Bokonon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,948
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey693 View Post

Because it's not one of the ones you need to get an exemption for if you skip.  And I've never had it just given to my 3 kids.  They ask if we want it, I answer, we move on.  But then again I've never had any shot just given to my kids.  Our doctor is one of those that actually asks before they do anything.  You should really try to find one if you ped is just giving your kids vaccines without saying anything to you.

 

That does not change the fact that the CDC recommends flu shots to all over 6 months.  Many doctors offer them as readily as they offer up their business cards.


A, jammin.gif mama to a boy (2005) and a girl (2009)
Bokonon is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 06:57 AM - Thread Starter
 
Taximom5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,314
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey693 View Post

Because it's not one of the ones you need to get an exemption for if you skip.  And I've never had it just given to my 3 kids.  They ask if we want it, I answer, we move on.  But then again I've never had any shot just given to my kids.  Our doctor is one of those that actually asks before they do anything.  You should really try to find one if you ped is just giving your kids vaccines without saying anything to you.

Actually, it is. It's on the CDC pediatric vaccination schedule, and more and more pediatricians are "firing" children from their practices if they are not fully caught up with ALL vaccines. Parents, particularly those in health care fields, are being fired if THEY don't get a flu shot--even if they are pregnant. Infants and toddlers are almost always barred from daycare unless they have had ALL the vaccines on the CDC schedule. States without religious or philosophical exemptions prohibit children who have not had ALL recommended shots from attending school.

Doctors who actually ask what you want, and agree to withhold vaccines just because you don't want them? No required shots? Please tell us what state you live in that makes it so easy to skip shots, or any others you know of, because there are many of us who would like to move there!
Taximom5 is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 07:00 AM
 
chickabiddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 3,435
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taximom5 View Post

States without religious or philosophical exemptions prohibit children who have not had ALL recommended shots from attending school.

 

My state does not require a flu shot or exemption for the flu shot.


Carseat-checking (CPST) and WAH mama to a twelve-year-old girl.
chickabiddy is online now  
Old 12-09-2012, 07:03 AM - Thread Starter
 
Taximom5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,314
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Which state is that? I don't know of any state that does not require the CDC pediatric schedule.
Taximom5 is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 07:29 AM
 
kathymuggle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,231
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)

It is great that states (I looked it up) do not require flu vaccine for school entry.

 

It does not change the fact that there is some thimerosal in vaccines given to children.

 

It is scuzzy for the vaccine industry to imply thimerosal has been taken out of vaccines given to children, when that is untrue.  I also suspect it decreases the public trust in officials when they are led to believe one thing, when another turns out to be true.

 

True story - my mother, who is not non-vax, was quite distraught several years ago when she learned through a radio program that thimerosal had been removed from vaccines due to safety concerns, but doctors were still allowed to use up their old supply.  She thought it was evil (her word, not mine) to allow doctors to use up something that was less safe than other brands).  She does not know thimerosal is still in the flu vax and Hep. b here as far as I know.  


There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

 

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

kathymuggle is online now  
Old 12-09-2012, 07:30 AM
 
Rrrrrachel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,145
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I already corrected myself that I should've said you can do all childhood vaccines without thimerosal. No scuzziness intended. Maybe we can move on now.
Rrrrrachel is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 08:10 AM
 
Turquesa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,070
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Taxi, there are "recommended" vaccines and "required" vaccines. None of the states require all of the recommended vaccines. New Jersey is the only state that mandates the flu shot for school attendance.

http://www.nvic.orgvaccine-laws.aspx

In God we trust; all others must show data. selectivevax.gifsurf.gifteapot2.GIFintactivist.gif
Turquesa is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 10:51 AM
 
chickabiddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 3,435
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taximom5 View Post

Which state is that? I don't know of any state that does not require the CDC pediatric schedule.

 

North Carolina.   But I know of no state (edit:  now I know of ONE state) that requires vaxes or exemptions for flu for school.


Carseat-checking (CPST) and WAH mama to a twelve-year-old girl.
chickabiddy is online now  
Old 12-09-2012, 10:58 AM
 
Honey693's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,086
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taximom5 View Post

Which state is that? I don't know of any state that does not require the CDC pediatric schedule.

I'm in Iowa and I have never had an issue.  My oldest is in preschool and I just filled her card out with she's had.  Flu shot is not on the required or an exemption is list either.


obstruct livery vehicles

Honey693 is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 11:02 AM
 
Honey693's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,086
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taximom5 View Post


Actually, it is. It's on the CDC pediatric vaccination schedule, and more and more pediatricians are "firing" children from their practices if they are not fully caught up with ALL vaccines. Parents, particularly those in health care fields, are being fired if THEY don't get a flu shot--even if they are pregnant. Infants and toddlers are almost always barred from daycare unless they have had ALL the vaccines on the CDC schedule. States without religious or philosophical exemptions prohibit children who have not had ALL recommended shots from attending school.
Doctors who actually ask what you want, and agree to withhold vaccines just because you don't want them? No required shots? Please tell us what state you live in that makes it so easy to skip shots, or any others you know of, because there are many of us who would like to move there!

Where are you getting your stats that infants and toddlers without all required shots are being barred from daycare?  I have never heard or seen this in my personal experience so I'm wondering if you have numbers to back it up.  What states don't have religious or philosophical exemptions?  I thought there were only 2.

 

I have one of these doctors.  I found one who listens to my concerns and talks to me like I'm an intelligent adult.  There's 5 doctors at the practice like that and I have friends who go to other practices and say the same.  Although I don't go in thinking doctors are evil monsters out to inject my kids with poison so that probably helps.


obstruct livery vehicles

Honey693 is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 11:14 AM
 
Rrrrrachel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,145
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
We've been to two offices and we were always asked IF we would be vaccinating and what vaccines we'd like to do that day. My doctor even talked me into delaying a vaccine. We did do flu shots all around this year, but daycare didn't require it or any documentation.
Rrrrrachel is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 12:46 PM
 
Chicharronita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: In the Candyland of my Imagination
Posts: 1,557
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymuggle View Post

It is great that states (I looked it up) do not require flu vaccine for school entry.

 

It does not change the fact that there is some thimerosal in vaccines given to children.

 

It is scuzzy for the vaccine industry to imply thimerosal has been taken out of vaccines given to children, when that is untrue.

 

I often see pro-vax people saying this in the comments section of vaccine articles. Then if someone points out that they are still in some vaccines, they change their tune and say well it's not harmful anyway. 

 

 

Quote:
I also suspect it decreases the public trust in officials when they are led to believe one thing, when another turns out to be true.

 

Yes, although I think the justifiable distrust has only started ramping up lately due to the Internet, despite all the past problems with vaccines (like SV40 contamination). 


Chicharronita is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 12:51 PM
 
Chicharronita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: In the Candyland of my Imagination
Posts: 1,557
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taximom5 View Post

Actually, it is. It's on the CDC pediatric vaccination schedule, and more and more pediatricians are "firing" children from their practices if they are not fully caught up with ALL vaccines. Parents, particularly those in health care fields, are being fired if THEY don't get a flu shot--even if they are pregnant.

 

It's time to fire back. Vote with your feet and dollars! Don't give your time and money to doctors like this. They'll change their tune once their pocketbooks are affected. 
 


Chicharronita is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 02:08 PM
 
chickabiddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 3,435
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)

Believe it or not, I agree.  If you and your doctor don't agree on vaccines, find a different doctor.  Both you and your doctor have the right to terminate a professional relationship.


Carseat-checking (CPST) and WAH mama to a twelve-year-old girl.
chickabiddy is online now  
Old 12-10-2012, 02:32 AM
 
dontVaccinateMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

dont vaccinate!!!!!

 

alternative medicine can cure all disease (herbs, yoga, spiritual, urine therapy, bowen, accapuncture)

dontVaccinateMe is offline  
Old 12-10-2012, 06:05 AM
 
WildKingdom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 667
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontVaccinateMe View Post

dont vaccinate!!!!!



alternative medicine can cure all disease (herbs, yoga, spiritual, urine therapy, bowen, accapuncture)
Can alternative medicine cure a lack of punctuation and capitalization???? Enquiring minds want to know.
WildKingdom is offline  
Old 12-10-2012, 11:50 AM
 
Marnica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,470
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontVaccinateMe View Post

dont vaccinate!!!!!

 

alternative medicine can cure all disease (herbs, yoga, spiritual, urine therapy, bowen, accapuncture)

Can you stop posting the same thing on all threads...its really annoying!


If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Marnica is offline  
Old 12-10-2012, 12:39 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,031
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marnica View Post

Can you stop posting the same thing on all threads...its really annoying!

 

 

Is that what a paid shill would do?  Sorry I asked for clarification before and it was never granted...

Imakcerka is offline  
Old 12-10-2012, 01:15 PM
 
Marnica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,470
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imakcerka View Post

 

 

Is that what a paid shill would do?  Sorry I asked for clarification before and it was never granted...

No this doesn't seem like a shill to me. But then again I could be wrong


If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Marnica is offline  
Old 12-10-2012, 03:05 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,031
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

And see that's why I need clarification.  I would almost assume that out of no where comments like "that" one would fit the bill.  But then again I'm not sure. 

Imakcerka is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 11:34 AM
 
Marnica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,470
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imakcerka View Post

And see that's why I need clarification.  I would almost assume that out of no where comments like "that" one would fit the bill.  But then again I'm not sure. 

Here what I think and again i could be way off. This above poster seems more like a troll than a shill. Trolls like to stir up things and get people all worked up. They are regular folks and are not paid by anyone. Shills are paid pharma folks. They are usually a bit more organized and less ........hmmm...searching for the right adjective! anyway my 2 cents :)


If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Marnica is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 12:13 PM
 
Chicharronita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: In the Candyland of my Imagination
Posts: 1,557
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickabiddy View Post

Believe it or not, I agree.  If you and your doctor don't agree on vaccines, find a different doctor.  Both you and your doctor have the right to terminate a professional relationship.

 

People have the right to, but I think some get intimidated when they hear things like "ZOMG doctors are firing patients who don't vaccinate!!!" in the mainstream media.

 

I feel sorry for doctors. Of course they want to fire people who don't accept one of the few things they can "do" for "health."

 

Vaccines are one of the main things in their bag of tricks! Reject that, and what else can they give you? Precious little. 

 

That may be the other reason why it's trumpeted as if it's a big deal to be fired.

 

What if people realize it's a blessing? There goes all the well-baby visits at how ever many dollars a pop every month. 


Chicharronita is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 04:24 PM
 
pers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 517
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicharronita View Post

 

People have the right to, but I think some get intimidated when they hear things like "ZOMG doctors are firing patients who don't vaccinate!!!" in the mainstream media.

 

I feel sorry for doctors. Of course they want to fire people who don't accept one of the few things they can "do" for "health."

 

Vaccines are one of the main things in their bag of tricks! Reject that, and what else can they give you? Precious little. 

 

That may be the other reason why it's trumpeted as if it's a big deal to be fired.

 

What if people realize it's a blessing? There goes all the well-baby visits at how ever many dollars a pop every month. 

 

 

Doctors here don't give vaccines (I wish they did!), and yet, they are doing just fine.  

pers is online now  
Old 12-11-2012, 05:40 PM
 
Dakotacakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 153
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Not having a relationship with a doctor can be a very big deal when you need one . That is why I go to well baby visits. I want a relationship so I am not at the complete mercy of a total stranger during a period of acute illness. I have been through that once it is not pleasant. Firing patients etc. isn't a big deal in many areas but when you live in a rural area it can be a very big deal. That is why I am uncomfortable with doctors refusing patients.
Dakotacakes is online now  
Old 12-11-2012, 08:53 PM
 
Adaline'sMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 4,757
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicharronita View Post

 

I feel sorry for doctors. Of course they want to fire people who don't accept one of the few things they can "do" for "health."

 

Vaccines are one of the main things in their bag of tricks! Reject that, and what else can they give you? Precious little. 

 

What?

 

My doctor has given us very few vaccines, and yet I still find her profession worthy.

 

My OB has never given me a vaccine and neither has our family doctor. Why is health in quotations? Do you think doctors have a different idea of health than most people? These comments are precisely why I feel like so many people who are researching vax wind up thinking that anti/delayed vax people are cooky. 

 

Personally, I wouldnt take my kid for well baby visits if I DID vax. I take them because we dont vax (babies) , and I want to have a professional look and make sure that they aren't developing any problems. Because, believe it or not, even though Im really good at the google, I didnt go to school to study the human body and how it operates for 8-15 years and I might miss something that they would notice. 


Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

Adaline'sMama is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 10:13 PM
 
Chicharronita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: In the Candyland of my Imagination
Posts: 1,557
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adaline'sMama View Post

 

My OB has never given me a vaccine and neither has our family doctor. Why is health in quotations? Do you think doctors have a different idea of health than most people? 

 

Yes. I don't know how any of them can live with themselves when virtually nothing they do helps people with myriad chronic health problems besides giving some kind of drug with "side" effects that can be just as bad as the problem.

 

 

These comments are precisely why I feel like so many people who are researching vax wind up thinking that anti/delayed vax people are cooky. 


Cooky? Mmmm sounds tasty. yummy.gif


Chicharronita is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 10:43 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,342
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Maybe somebody can start another thread about whether mainstream medicine is helpful or not. Can we get back on topic? 

erigeron is offline  
 

Tags
Vaccines , Vaccinations
User Tag List

Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off