Please let me clarify and respond - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-06-2012, 10:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

to the suggestion that I personally was using Nazi comments to justify my own inexecusable behaviour (of inappropriate posting), since I think it is unfair to let that stand. Maybe I am mistaken, but I interpret that as a suggestion that I have posted in the vaccine fora using a sock puppet to mock others. I have not.

In the entire time that I have been a member at Mothering, I have posted in exactly one other thread in any of the vaccination fora, about "Mothers Who Mindfully Vaccinate". I confined my remarks to my own family's experiences with vaccines and vaccine-preventable deaths. That was some time ago. I have never used a sock puppet in the vaccination fora. I have not mocked anyone. For the record, if anyone has done that, then I agree that it is inappropriate. 

Today, when I chanced upon a new thread here about inappropriate posts, I chose to make a broad interpretation that there was going to be a discussion about boundaries for posting since I know that we shouldn't be raising other posts and other threads in new discussions, I occasionally read in this forum but often dislike the tone of the discussions. In fact, that is one of the reasons that I don't read or post here often. It's likely that there are others who feel the same way. I thought I would share my opinion because I figured it might be helpful to hear from someone who hasn't been involved in previous heated debates. That is the only reason I offered a comment about some ongoing offensive stuff (that has been raised by more than one poster, btw). 

Again, I was not trying to justify or excuse anything. I pointed out problematic behaviour that I have witnessed here, in the context of a discussion about appropriate posting. 

I know the mods will have to lock this now and I apologize for making more work here. I could not let that suggestion stand. If I have misinterpreted it and it was not an accusation directed at me, then let's all just ignore this and get back to our regularly scheduled Internet time. 

Thank you. 

#2 of 3 Old 12-06-2012, 03:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)

Hi Ollyoxenfree....

I reread my response in the other thread to see if I inadvertantly accused you personally  of using Nazi comments to justify inexcusable behaviour, and I don't think I did.

That being said, you interpretted it that way, which was not my intentions, so my apologies.

I know full well you do not particpate here; my beef is not with you at all.

Mosaic, I would like it if this thread was locked as well.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#3 of 3 Old 12-06-2012, 06:12 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)

I'm closing this thread for review.--HHM

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page