Give up Your Guns- Get a flu shot in Return - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-13-2012, 04:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

http://experimentalvaccines.org/2012/12/12/free-flu-shots-for-your-guns-disarming-disabling-america/

Quote:
Citizens are encouraged to turn in their firearms in exchange for a gift certificate ranging from 25$-75$ which can be redeemed at the Wegmans grocery store outlet. In addition to disarming their citizens Worcester has also sweetened up the deal with a free toxic injection called ‘the flu shot’.  

Quote:
Going to the Worcester, Massachusetts government website you start to understand why their citizens have begun to voluntarily giving up their second amendment responsibilities. Conditioning and programming are definitely the mind controlling factors at work here with the headline
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 12-13-2012, 05:08 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
In general I support programs to get people to turn in their guns in return for gift certificates. Especially since some people have guns they don't even want and that is dangerous because since they aren't really wanted people get careless. But I do find the addition of the flu shot to be odd. Not necessarily problematic, but a weird addition.
#3 of 5 Old 12-13-2012, 05:20 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I can't say i ever knew anyone who just kept old useless guns laying around on a shelf or in a cabinet...the people i know, got rid of weapons they didn't use, unless they were antiques and on display.  Esp now since the market for metal is very high.  

Quote:
Especially since some people have guns they don't even want and that is dangerous because since they aren't really wanted people get careless.
BeckyBird likes this.
#4 of 5 Old 12-13-2012, 06:28 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)

The USA is a strange and fascinating place... ;) 

Turquesa likes this.

Mother of two living in UK. Daughter (2007) born in USA, son (2010) born here. I'm pro natural birth, midwife care, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby wearing and a keen advocate of cloth diapering. I'm a full time working research scientist (physical sciences) and I'm pro-vaccine.

#5 of 5 Old 12-13-2012, 09:16 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I think that having a program that allows a gun not being used to be turned in for something of value (groceries in this case or toys at CHristmas) is good.  As long as it is a voluntary program i am fully supportive of getting as many guns as possible off the streets. 

Did anyone in this program talk about why they were adding a flu shot though?  That does just seem very very strange.  I also don't like the connotations of doing something like this for medical care.  Essentially turning it in for a gift card is just selling a weapon.  But trading it for medical care I am not a fan of.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page