Global pediatric vaccine market to hit $23B by 2015- - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-14-2012, 05:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Global pediatric vaccine market to hit $23B by 2015

The global pediatric vaccine market will likely hit a value of more than $23 billion by 2015, a market analysis shows. 

Quote:
GlaxoSmithKline ($GSK) leads the charge with nearly a quarter of the global market.

From 2005 to 2011, pediatric vaccines doubled their market share, according to a Renub Research analysis, and will continue to shoot upward. Analysts can attribute much of that growth to blockbuster vaccines such as Pfizer's ($PFE) Prevnar 7 and Prevnar 13, Glaxo's Rotarix and Merck's ($MRKRotateq. Pediatric proprietary vaccines will probably lead the vaccine market with just less than 60% market share by 2015, the report says.

Read more: Global pediatric vaccine market to hit $23B by 2015 - FierceVaccines http://www.fiercevaccines.com/story/global-pediatric-vaccine-market-hit-23b-2015/2012-12-12#ixzz2F1qghCoa 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2013, 01:07 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)

Bumping for more views...

Mama to DD September 2001 and DD April 2011 *Winner for most typos* eat.gif
Old 01-04-2013, 01:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I know a popular sentiment is that vaccines are not that lucrative for Pharma compared to other drugs. That may be if you do side by side comparison, however 23 billion isn't chump change and the trend is such that the market continues to grow. If vaccines and pediatric vaccines in particular were not money makers for these companies they wouldn't make them. 

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
In fact many pharmaceutical companies are pulling out of making vaccines (I think Rrrrrachel has posted that I information here several times) and there are growing concerns that there could be supply problems in the future.

Mother of two living in UK. Daughter (2007) born in USA, son (2010) born here. I'm pro natural birth, midwife care, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby wearing and a keen advocate of cloth diapering. I'm a full time working research scientist (physical sciences) and I'm pro-vaccine.

Old 01-04-2013, 04:09 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
In recent years a few vaccines have become more profitable. So what about the last several decades? Or the motivation for vaccines like mmr which are not proprietary and don't make big money?
Old 01-04-2013, 05:36 PM

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post

In recent years a few vaccines have become more profitable. So what about the last several decades? Or the motivation for vaccines like mmr which are not proprietary and don't make big money?

Why don't you tell us about the motivations for Merck's lying about the efficacy of the mumps portion of the MMR, and their extensive efforts to cover that up?

Old 01-04-2013, 06:06 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I didn't realize that lawsuit had been settled already.

User Tag List