Vaccines and Premature Puberty - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#1 of 55 Old 12-19-2012, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter
 
Mirzam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Outside the hive mind
Posts: 7,302
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

http://icmr.nic.in/ijmr/2010/april/0404.pdf

 

 

 

Quote:
A recent review published on the possible 
relationships between today’s epidemics in children 
and environmental pollution called for immediate 
research on the relationship between environmental 
endocrine disrupters and premature puberty
 
.
The US Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease 
Registry (ATSDR) reports that mercury (Hg) is a 
known endocrine disruptor and it adversely affects the 
steroid synthesis pathway in animals and humans. It 
has been purposed that Hg exposure and sex steroids 
may interact to enhance the risk for a child developing 
premature puberty
 

Aluminum is also an endocrine disrupter.

 

http://www.safeminds.org/mercury/docs/Brief%20Assessment%20of%20Aluminum%20Exposure%20and%20Endocrine%20Disruption.pdf

 

 

 

Quote:
Aluminum deposits in the pituitary, parathyroid, and adrenals and has been demonstrated to interfere with parathyroid 
hormone secretion, insulin like growth factor and T3 levels, and the reproductive 
system.

 

 

I am curious if those with older or adult unvaxed children have noticed they hit puberty later. As this has been the case for our family. We also avoid fluoride like the plague, which known cause of early puberty, non organic milk and meats and environmental toxins.


Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

 

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

Mirzam is online now  
#2 of 55 Old 12-19-2012, 04:04 PM
 
Rrrrrachel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,154
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The forms of mercury and aluminum (especially mercury) in vaccines behave very differently than the sources addressed in these studies. The amount is also dwarfed by other environmental exposure. If in fact this relationship is born out by further science, there are a lot more significant sources of exposure that should be limited before life saving vaccines are thrown out with the bath water.
prosciencemum likes this.
Rrrrrachel is offline  
#3 of 55 Old 12-19-2012, 04:05 PM
 
Rrrrrachel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,154
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
And I love that this is the geiers.
Rrrrrachel is offline  
#4 of 55 Old 12-19-2012, 04:24 PM
 
kathymuggle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,878
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirzam View Post

I am curious if those with older or adult unvaxed children have noticed they hit puberty later. As this has been the case for our family. We also avoid fluoride like the plague, which known cause of early puberty, non organic milk and meats and environmental toxins.

Not in this family, sadly.

 

We have used fluoride (I switched a couple of years ago, though) and we drink milk.  We have never eaten much meat.

 

Some of it may be genetic - I entered puberty early, as did my mom.  Of course, one family does not a trend make. 

 

That being said, if they can figure out way to make vaccines without these environmental burdens, I think they should do so.  Decreasing exposure to environmental toxins only makes sense. 


There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

 

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

kathymuggle is online now  
#5 of 55 Old 12-19-2012, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter
 
Mirzam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Outside the hive mind
Posts: 7,302
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Dr. J. Curtis Pendergrass and Dr. Boyd Haley who did experiments at Kentucky University concur saying, “Pure thimerosal was toxic at the low nanomolar level – an extremely low concentration, about 10,000 times less than the thimerosal concentration found in most vaccines. These results leave little doubt about thimerosal being the toxic agent in the vaccines.”

 

Science of low level toxicity


Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

 

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

Mirzam is online now  
#6 of 55 Old 12-19-2012, 04:36 PM
 
Rrrrrachel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,154
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I would love to see those studies, if you have a link available.
Rrrrrachel is offline  
#7 of 55 Old 12-19-2012, 04:42 PM - Thread Starter
 
Mirzam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Outside the hive mind
Posts: 7,302
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymuggle View Post

Not in this family, sadly.

 

We have used fluoride (I switched a couple of years ago, though) and we drink milk.  We have never eaten much meat.

 

Some of it may be genetic - I entered puberty early, as did my mom.  Of course, one family does not a trend make. 

 

That being said, if they can figure out way to make vaccines without these environmental burdens, I think they should do so.  Decreasing exposure to environmental toxins only makes sense. 

 

My eldest (vaxed) DD got her first period at 12.75, although she didn't get a further one until she was 14. She recieved thimerosal containing vaccines the first one being Hep B at one day old. My unvaxed DD, finally started her period two days ago at 15 years 2 months 18 days old, which is the averge age of a girl getting her first menses in the 19th century. She is obviously well nourished and is around 5' 7" tall. My DD does drink milk but has only ever comsumed raw, organic milk, our meat is also pastured and or organic.

 

My 12 year old DS (13 in February) while growing taller, does not appear to be showing much sign of puberty yet. Several of his friends (mostly hispanic boys) hit puberty around 10 to 11 years old.

 

I am not saying vaccines are the only cause of premature puberty, but I do think, given they contain endocrine disrupters, are one of many likely environmental causes children are exposed to today. Especially because of the fact these toxins are injected vs ingested. 

 

ETA: I also got my period around the same age as DD#1, but I also had a mouthful of amalgam fillings by the time I was nine years old.


Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

 

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

Mirzam is online now  
#8 of 55 Old 12-19-2012, 04:52 PM - Thread Starter
 
Mirzam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Outside the hive mind
Posts: 7,302
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Haley, Boyd. Mercury and Thimerosal Toxicity: A Factor in Autism

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

 

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

Mirzam is online now  
#9 of 55 Old 12-19-2012, 04:54 PM
 
Rrrrrachel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,154
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I thought that's what it was from my googling, but I haven't been able to find the full text or even an abstract anywhere.
Rrrrrachel is offline  
#10 of 55 Old 12-20-2012, 11:24 AM
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,954
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We can't compare yet in our family. My sisters and I received a delayed schedule in the 70ies/80ies that probably contained thimerosal (Soviet supplies, BCG,DTP, OPV, measles, that was it - on at at a time, starting at 9 months). They started at 13 years, I was 15. We didn't eat meat or milk that was full of antibiotics and growth hormones - all our meat, dairy and eggs came from family who raised them in their backyards and meadows without interventions, and we didn't have plastic toys. The next generation girls is not even 2 years old yet and didn't get thimerosal vaccines and/or none at all, so far. It's "great" to know that both Hg and Al are endocrine disruptors, yikes.

nia82 is offline  
#11 of 55 Old 12-20-2012, 03:05 PM
 
pek64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,502
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nevermind.
pek64 is offline  
#12 of 55 Old 12-22-2012, 07:08 AM
 
Imakcerka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,065
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

This subject has always interested me.  The women my family are all over the place, both my grandmothers were around 9 when they started.  Neither were vaccine recipients.  My mom was not vaccinated either and she started her menses around 14.  Me 13 and my sister 15.  Both of us were partially vaccinated at the time.  Though I've heard diet/healthy plays a big role in puberty the info is all over the board.  Poor health should make puberty start later.  However both my grandmothers were dirt poor in bad health. 

Imakcerka is offline  
#13 of 55 Old 12-22-2012, 08:11 AM
 
pek64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,502
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
From a survival of the species standpoint, if an individual has reduced chances of longterm survival, having offspring sooner would, possibly, increase the chance of species survival (the biological assumption being that the individual will seek out better food and shelter). Just a thought.
pek64 is offline  
#14 of 55 Old 12-22-2012, 08:45 AM - Thread Starter
 
Mirzam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Outside the hive mind
Posts: 7,302
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pek64 View Post

From a survival of the species standpoint, if an individual has reduced chances of longterm survival, having offspring sooner would, possibly, increase the chance of species survival (the biological assumption being that the individual will seek out better food and shelter). Just a thought.

 

I agree with this. I know this will sound out there, but there is more to our bodies than just the physical, we are more than just biological machines. On on a deeper level puberty is an energetic change that is controlled by non-physical aspects, ie emotions and the most powerful emotion is fear, and ultimately the fear of death. Procreating ensures the genetic line will continue, so that we will cheat death. It has been observed that children without a biological father in the family unit start their period earlier than their peers, even when other factors, such as bodyweight are considered. I wonder if girls feel more secure and safe when they have their father in the family unit which allows them to delay the move into adulthood? I would add that this would probably be more noticable with an emotional secure, strong, stable father, who provides an emotional safe haven for the child/family. Poverty, shortages, conflict would likely have the same result of stress leading to earlier puberty.

 

We as a population still have to deal the xenobiotic chemicals our bodies are subjected to now that they never were in the past. These, including the vaccine excipiants, mercury and aluminium, are endocrine disruptors.

BeckyBird likes this.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

 

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

Mirzam is online now  
#15 of 55 Old 12-23-2012, 12:51 AM
 
prosciencemum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,706
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pek64 View Post

From a survival of the species standpoint, if an individual has reduced chances of longterm survival, having offspring sooner would, possibly, increase the chance of species survival (the biological assumption being that the individual will seek out better food and shelter). Just a thought.

 

Or when nutrition is really good animals reach puberty earlier.... The western diet on average is very rich in calories..... just another thought.

 

Also I'll point out what Rrrrachel already said - the article which started this thread was about environmental exposure to metallic mercury and aluminium. Not at all the same as mercury and aluminium containing salts/molecules - and the amounts in our environment completely dwarf those in vaccines.  


Mother of two living in UK. Daughter (2007) born in USA, son (2010) born here. I'm pro natural birth, midwife care, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby wearing and a keen advocate of cloth diapering. I'm a full time working research scientist (physical sciences) and I'm pro-vaccine.

prosciencemum is offline  
#16 of 55 Old 12-23-2012, 01:53 AM
 
pek64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,502
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by prosciencemum View Post

Or when nutrition is really good animals reach puberty earlier.... The western diet on average is very rich in calories..... just another thought.

Also I'll point out what Rrrrachel already said - the article which started this thread was about environmental exposure to metallic mercury and aluminium. Not at all the same as mercury and aluminium containing salts/molecules - and the amounts in our environment completely dwarf those in vaccines.  

My response was to the dirt poor and in poor health but early puberty post. Or are you saying puberty starts early in both poor and good conditions? I agree that this is off topic.
pek64 is offline  
#17 of 55 Old 12-23-2012, 02:13 AM
 
prosciencemum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,706
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
I just think its extremely unlikely there's any link to vaccines - there are much bigger factors around. S yes - we're completely off topic.

Mother of two living in UK. Daughter (2007) born in USA, son (2010) born here. I'm pro natural birth, midwife care, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby wearing and a keen advocate of cloth diapering. I'm a full time working research scientist (physical sciences) and I'm pro-vaccine.

prosciencemum is offline  
#18 of 55 Old 12-23-2012, 08:32 AM - Thread Starter
 
Mirzam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Outside the hive mind
Posts: 7,302
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by prosciencemum View Post

I just think its extremely unlikely there's any link to vaccines - there are much bigger factors around. S yes - we're completely off topic.

I don't.

 

The amount of mercury a child is exposed to from a thimerosal (50% mercury) containing vaccine is far greater than they would from the environment. 

 

Let's take a look at Stephanie Cave's testimony at before the Committee on Government Reform, US House of Representatives, July 18, 200, and also presented at the Defeat Autism Now! Conference, Sep 15, 200 San Diego, CA. This is for the year 2000, which is the age cohort that the current autism figure of 1 in 88 is derived.

 

She explained that by the age of two, American children would have received 237 micrograms of mercury through vaccines alone, which exceeds EPA safe levels of 0.1 mcg/kg per day (one tenth of a mircogram, not one mircogram).

 

She notes that three days in in particular can be singled out as "spectacularly" toxic for infants: the day of birth, when they get the  hep b vax which contained mcg mercury which is 30 times the safe level.

 

At four months an infant would have received DTaP and HIB on the same day with 50 mcg mercury, 60 times the EPA safe level. Then at 6 months came the Hep B, Polio weighing in at 63.5 mcg mercury which is 78 times the safe level. At 15 months this child would then receive another 50 mcg mercury, 60 times the safe level.

 

Mercury is a known endocrine disruptor. Children born in 2000 got 237 times the safe level of mercury. I think it is highly likely, along with neurological damage some of these children were also propelled into premature puberty.

 

But as we know thimerosal is still in the flu vaccine.

 

There was a study done where thimerosal preserved vaccines were given to infant monkeys to determine the resultant mercury levels. A whole body exposure of the infant monkeys at 80 micrograms per kilogram of body weight from the thimerosal containing vaccine resulted in an average of 16 parts per billion inorganic mercury levels in the brain tissue. The half life was over 120 days. (Burbacher et al (2005)

 

Today, a 6 month old baby, if its a girl will, according to the CDC, weigh around 16 lbs or 7.25 kilograms, Those 25 mcg of mercury from a single flu vaccine gives a whole body exposure of 3.44 mircograms per kilogram of body weight. By extrapolation, that baby girl could have 0.69 parts per billion inorganic mercury levels in the brain with a half life of 120 days. Two trillion mercury atoms per gram in the her developing brain.

 

 

Then we have aluminum, another known endocrine disruptor.

 

Here is what Dr Sears has to say about aluminum

 

Hib (PedVaxHib brand only) 225 micrograms per shot

Hepatitis B - 250 micrograms

DTaP - depending on manufacturer 170 to 625 micrograms

Hepatitis A - 250 micrograms

HPV - 225 mircograms

Pentacel (DTaP, HIB and Polio combo) - 330 micrograms

Pediatrix (DTaP, Hep B and Polio combo) 850 micrograms

 

 

 

 

 

Quote:

OK, I'll do the math for you. A newborn who gets a Hepatitis B injection on day one of life would get 250 micrograms of aluminum. This would be repeated at one month of age with the next Hep B shot. When a baby gets the first big round of shots at 2 months, the total dose of aluminum can vary from 295 micrograms (if a non-aluminum HIB and the lowest aluminum brand of DTaP is used) to a whopping 1225 micrograms if the highest aluminum brands are used and Hep B vaccine is also given. These doses are repeated at 4 and 6 months. A child would continue to get some aluminum throughout the first 2 years with most rounds of shots.

 

 

 

Premature puberty might not be as devastating as autism or an auto immune disorder, but it can be emotionally and physically difficult for the child.

 

Mercury, Testosterone and Autism - A Really Big Idea!

 

 

 


Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

 

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

Mirzam is online now  
#19 of 55 Old 12-23-2012, 08:47 AM - Thread Starter
 
Mirzam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Outside the hive mind
Posts: 7,302
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pek64 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by prosciencemum View Post

Or when nutrition is really good animals reach puberty earlier.... The western diet on average is very rich in calories..... just another thought.

Also I'll point out what Rrrrachel already said - the article which started this thread was about environmental exposure to metallic mercury and aluminium. Not at all the same as mercury and aluminium containing salts/molecules - and the amounts in our environment completely dwarf those in vaccines.  

My response was to the dirt poor and in poor health but early puberty post. Or are you saying puberty starts early in both poor and good conditions? I agree that this is off topic.

I agree this line of discussion is OT. However, if puberty can start early in both poor and good conditions, then is there not something else going on here? As I said, my DD recently started her period at 15 years 2.5 months old. I can assure you she is not malnourished, nor is she fed processed foods, devoid of nutrients, can't remember her weight off hand, but it has to in the 115 lb range and as I said she is 5' 7' tall. 

 

The mercury and aluminum in vaccines being more benign that that found in the environment is a strawman argument, IMO.


Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

 

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

Mirzam is online now  
#20 of 55 Old 12-23-2012, 09:09 AM
 
chickabiddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 3,472
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

I started my period at 10.  My husband was taller than his teachers by third grade. 

 

Our fully vaxed including thimerosal-preserved flu shots daughter is 10y9m and is in the early stages of puberty.

 

Just anecdata, but I think family history matters more than vaxes.


Carseat-checking (CPST) and WAH mama to a twelve-year-old girl.
chickabiddy is online now  
#21 of 55 Old 12-23-2012, 09:26 AM - Thread Starter
 
Mirzam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Outside the hive mind
Posts: 7,302
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickabiddy View Post

I started my period at 10.  My husband was taller than his teachers by third grade. 

 

Our fully vaxed including thimerosal-preserved flu shots daughter is 10y9m and is in the early stages of puberty.

 

Just anecdata, but I think family history matters more than vaxes.

 

Family history doesn't seem to matter in our case. DH was shaving at 12, DS will be 13 at the beginning of February and is no where close to that. 

 

ETA, I don't know how old you are, but am sure both you and your DH got vaccines with mercury in them. And maybe like me (and DH), you both had amalgam fillings as children? You both probably drank fluoridated water also.


Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

 

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

Mirzam is online now  
#22 of 55 Old 12-23-2012, 10:13 AM
 
pek64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,502
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
There wasn't any anecdotal evidence given that puberty starts early when conditions are good, unless I missed it.
pek64 is offline  
#23 of 55 Old 12-23-2012, 11:44 AM
 
prosciencemum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,706
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirzam View Post

The mercury and aluminum in vaccines being more benign that that found in the environment is a strawman argument, IMO.

 

 I think you misunderstand what a strawman argument is. Use of the term means that you are suggesting I have brought up that mercury in the compound thimerosol which is used in vaccines acts chemically different to metallic mercury in the environment (which is what the article you originally posted about) in order to divert discussion of the "real" issue. 

 

 I've done this before, but I'll point out yet again that chlorine is a toxic chemical. Sodium explodes on contact with water. And yet table salt (a chlorine and sodium containing compound) is not toxic in small enough doses. 

 

 Once you provide evidence that thimerosol is causing damage I'll argue agains't that, but you have simply demonstrated metallic mercury is dangerous. I have no argument against that. I entirely agree. I'll just point out again though it's irrelevent to thimerosol in vaccines. 


Mother of two living in UK. Daughter (2007) born in USA, son (2010) born here. I'm pro natural birth, midwife care, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby wearing and a keen advocate of cloth diapering. I'm a full time working research scientist (physical sciences) and I'm pro-vaccine.

prosciencemum is offline  
#24 of 55 Old 12-23-2012, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter
 
Mirzam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Outside the hive mind
Posts: 7,302
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Thimerosal is 50% mercury. Mercury is a neurotoxin, no amount in the body is desirable or safe. I explained all of this above, as have so many others. Frankly, I find it mind boggling that people would argue in favor of thimerosal, even if they are pro-vax. It does not need to be in vaccines, except for the reason it is cheap and improves the bottom line for the pharmaceutical companies.

Bokonon and kathymuggle like this.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

 

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

Mirzam is online now  
#25 of 55 Old 12-24-2012, 05:11 AM
 
Rrrrrachel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,154
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Heard this on NPR this morning and thought it was interesting.

http://m.npr.org/news/front/167735056

It's about some new research showin boys are also entering puberty earlier. The article puts forth some possible explanations, including obesity. If you search pediatrics for Marcia Herman-giddens name you can find a lot more information.
Rrrrrachel is offline  
#26 of 55 Old 12-24-2012, 07:37 AM - Thread Starter
 
Mirzam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Outside the hive mind
Posts: 7,302
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post

Heard this on NPR this morning and thought it was interesting.

http://m.npr.org/news/front/167735056

It's about some new research showin boys are also entering puberty earlier. The article puts forth some possible explanations, including obesity. If you search pediatrics for Marcia Herman-giddens name you can find a lot more information.

Mercury raises testosterone levels. A know effect of high testosterone is precocious puberty.


Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

 

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

Mirzam is online now  
#27 of 55 Old 12-24-2012, 08:08 AM
 
Imakcerka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,065
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

No, it actually lowers testoterone levels.

Imakcerka is offline  
#28 of 55 Old 12-24-2012, 08:49 AM - Thread Starter
 
Mirzam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Outside the hive mind
Posts: 7,302
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Maybe I got it back to front, and should have said, testosterone exacerbates mercury toxicity. Effected girls appear to have higher testosterone levels than effected boys. Mercury is an endocrine distruptor.

Quote:
{I}t has previously been shown that testosterone significantly potentiates mercury toxicity, whereas estrogen is protective." Moreover, they note, studies show that the severity of autism correlates with levels of testosterone in prenatal amniotic fluid. (Prenatal testosterone levels were estimated based on the ratio in length of second and fourth fingers, a physical marker for exposure to testosterone in the womb.) They also note that a significant percentage of autistic children have elevated plasma testosterone levels, and that the male-to-female ratio in autism suggests a role for sex hormones. "In fact", they say, "closer observation indicates that the more severely affected the group of autistics studied the higher the male-to-female ratio. In very severe autistics males may outnumber females by 15 to 1 or even more."

 

http://gordonresearch.com/articles_autism/testosterone_key_understanding_mercury_autism_link.html

Mercury, Testosterone and Autism - A Really Big Idea!


Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

 

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

Mirzam is online now  
#29 of 55 Old 12-24-2012, 09:22 AM
 
Rrrrrachel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,154
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mercury is not the same as mercury compounds. You can't breathe water.
Rrrrrachel is offline  
#30 of 55 Old 12-24-2012, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter
 
Mirzam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Outside the hive mind
Posts: 7,302
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Thimerosal (50% or more accurately 49.55% mercury) is both water and fat soluble, so that it immediately penetrates into every part of the human organism, and attaches it self to whatever it wants. The testosterone molecule is the perfect shape that when combined with mercury it will tightly bind to testosterone. Thimerosal when injected, as in vaccines, completely bypasses the body's natural defense mechanisms that would catch and expel INGESTED forms of mercury. 

 

#MercuryPoisoning

applejuice likes this.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

 

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

Mirzam is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off