Vaccines and Autoimmune Disorders - the evidence - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 12-23-2012, 09:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)

http://gaia-health.com/gaia-blog/2012-12-23/autoimmune-disorders-caused-by-vaccines/

Heidi Stevenson discusses the PLoS study, “Self-Organized Criticality Theory of Autoimmunity”.

Quote:

One point to be noted is that the research utilized the same antigen over and over. That could very well be related to the current proclivity to give the same vaccines over and over because of their inadequacy in producing adequate antibodies to prevent disease transmission. The DTaP (diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis) vaccine is scheduled to be given five times by age six! That’s three different antigens given 5 times over. That alone could easily explain the massive increase in autoimmune diseases.

Not to mention all the other antigens given and the adjvants, places a huge burden on the immune system.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#2 of 10 Old 12-23-2012, 09:41 AM

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
If this were true then multiple exposure to the same virus/bacteria in the wild would have the same effect.

Only difference is its the full strength version, rather than weakened, attenuated or killed versions found in vaccines.

Mother of two living in UK. Daughter (2007) born in USA, son (2010) born here. I'm pro natural birth, midwife care, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby wearing and a keen advocate of cloth diapering. I'm a full time working research scientist (physical sciences) and I'm pro-vaccine.

#3 of 10 Old 12-23-2012, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by prosciencemum View Post

If this were true then multiple exposure to the same virus/bacteria in the wild would have the same effect.

Only difference is its the full strength version, rather than weakened, attenuated or killed versions found in vaccines.

And just how are people naturally exposed to these bacteria and viruses in the wild?  Strawman argument again.

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#4 of 10 Old 12-23-2012, 11:33 AM

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirzam View Post

And just how are people naturally exposed to these bacteria and viruses in the wild?  Strawman argument again.

The original claim is that repeated exposure to *the same* antigen is to blame.... it doesn't specify which antigen. So even if wild diptheria, tetanus and pertussis are relatively rare these days (thanks to vaccination programs) there are many other viruses and bacteria which are much more common and our immune systems deal with them (very effectively) over and over again.

If you think that's a strawman argument I'm not sure you understand what that term means. 

Mother of two living in UK. Daughter (2007) born in USA, son (2010) born here. I'm pro natural birth, midwife care, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby wearing and a keen advocate of cloth diapering. I'm a full time working research scientist (physical sciences) and I'm pro-vaccine.

#5 of 10 Old 12-23-2012, 02:05 PM - Thread Starter

You don't understand either. Our body is programmed to deal with these organisms, many of which live symbiotically with us without causing disease. We have an immune system that deals with them very effectively, if necessary, in the natural way. Injecting antigens is not natural, so the body does not deal with them in a natural way.

#6 of 10 Old 12-24-2012, 06:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Mirzam the AI issue I think has been hashed out numerous times here.  Any trauma can illicit an AI response in the body.  They are hereditary.  Any illness you can get will also illicit a response.  A car accident, a broken bone, pregnancy, food poisoning and blaming JUST vaccines while not bubble wrapping an AI prone person is unrealistic.

#7 of 10 Old 12-25-2012, 03:31 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirzam View Post

You don't understand either. Our body is programmed to deal with these organisms, many of which live symbiotically with us without causing disease. We have an immune system that deals with them very effectively, if necessary, in the natural way. Injecting antigens is not natural, so the body does not deal with them in a natural way.

I would suggest you talk a walk through an older cemetery and see just how effective our immune system is at dealing with these diseases.   

I would also suggest that your opinion on immunisation and fact aren't in alignment.  Our bodies deal just fine with vaccination, and this has been proven throughout recent history as well.  

I personally would not want to test my immune system with any disease that has no cure ...  a 22 year old unimmunsed woman died here recently of diptheria  ...        not a risk I am prepared to take with my children.

#8 of 10 Old 12-25-2012, 01:06 PM

My sister and are not vaccinated and suffer from multiple very different auto immune disorders.
#9 of 10 Old 12-25-2012, 02:25 PM

It's pretty interesting! But--a few people in my family (now, this is just anecdotal) suffer from auto-immune things. For me, it was smoking and stress that brought it on. My guess was too much cadmium. But for others who have not vaxed since the 50s, I'd lay money on their autoimmune problems coming from dairy or wheat. 

But--anything that seeks to draw comparisons between vaccines and something toxic is an interesting read, for sure. They could be on to something here!

#10 of 10 Old 12-26-2012, 11:45 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyAdams View Post

I would suggest you talk a walk through an older cemetery and see just how effective our immune system is at dealing with these diseases.   

I would also suggest that your opinion on immunisation and fact aren't in alignment.  Our bodies deal just fine with vaccination, and this has been proven throughout recent history as well.  

I personally would not want to test my immune system with any disease that has no cure ...  a 22 year old unimmunsed woman died here recently of diptheria  ...        not a risk I am prepared to take with my children.

ROTFLMAO.gif

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page