Recurring Bronchiolitis and Dtap/Tdap - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 12-27-2012, 11:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am currently laying here, breastfeeding my 22 month old who may or may not be coming down with his third bout of bronchiolitis since this summer. He was diagnosed with it a few days to a week after getting several vaccines including the PediaRx. He then got it a few months later in October. We have had to take him to the ER twice now for oxygen and sign papers to leave against medical consent. His doctor refused to acknowledge the possible link between the PediaRx vaccine and bronchiolitis even though it is in the company's paperwork.

I was wondering if any of you have had experience with this and whether or not it was recurring.
#2 of 7 Old 12-28-2012, 08:28 AM

If you suspect vaccines are making your baby sick, consider the option (and the right) that you have to not give your baby any more vaccines -- at least, until you know more and feel informed.  Many parents suspect vaccines have damaged their children.  You are not alone.  Please do not let the medical community dismiss your observations, as they all too often will do.  You DO know your baby best, and if you see a connection, numerous times for you at this point, you are probably right.  Keep researching and asking questions.  Read some of the anti-vaccines sites and books to hear the other side of the story.  Good luck, and keep on going with your wonderful instinct as you are the true expert on your child. 

#3 of 7 Old 12-28-2012, 08:34 AM

Quoted: 77 Post(s)

Welcome!

I have no info, but if you are looking for support only in discussing what you feel may be a vax reaction, I suggest you post on the non-vax forum.

You could also ask for allopathic and alternative info on how to deal with recurrent bronchitis in non-vax or in health and healing if you are inclined.

A few thread with ideas for lung health:

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/604812/wwyd-if-you-had-a-child-with-lung-issues

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/604812/wwyd-if-you-had-a-child-with-lung-issues

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1018299/lung-kids-asthma-rad-chronic-bronchitis-do-you-take-them-outside-in-the-winter/20

Chicharronita likes this.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#4 of 7 Old 12-28-2012, 11:29 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Yeah no advice from me either, except to say that if you believe it was a vaccine reaction make sure to report to VAERS (vaccine adverse event reporting system) so that researchers looking into vaccine safety have a record of it.

Mother of two living in UK. Daughter (2007) born in USA, son (2010) born here. I'm pro natural birth, midwife care, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby wearing and a keen advocate of cloth diapering. I'm a full time working research scientist (physical sciences) and I'm pro-vaccine.

#5 of 7 Old 12-28-2012, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter

He has had bad reactions each time he was vaccinated. At this point, we are still going to vaccinate, we're just going to wait until he's a older. And after we've learned more about each vaccine. My MIL is very pro-vaccination because the polio vaccine saved her life as a young girl, so she is always asking about whether or not they've had their check ups, and if they're up to date on their shots.

I didn't mean to offend anyone. I am open to all information, for or against vaccinating.

The first bout of bronchiolitis occurred after that vaccination. He hasn't been vaccinated since. The bronchiolitis already came back once and I'm worried he's coming down with it again. If anyone has experience with it recurring, regardless of opinion on vaccines,any information would be helpful.
#6 of 7 Old 12-28-2012, 02:19 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Gennaxo - welcome to mothering. You're welcome to post where you like, kathymuggle is probably just trying to warn you that debates can get quite robust on this board, while if you prefer support only posts there is the anti-vax and mindful vax boards as an alternative.

I had a friend with a child with recurring bronchitis. Not sure if that's the same thing. She seems to have grown out of it, but it's still a concern every time she gets a cold.
kathymuggle likes this.

Mother of two living in UK. Daughter (2007) born in USA, son (2010) born here. I'm pro natural birth, midwife care, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby wearing and a keen advocate of cloth diapering. I'm a full time working research scientist (physical sciences) and I'm pro-vaccine.

#7 of 7 Old 12-28-2012, 02:31 PM

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gennaxo View Post

He has had bad reactions each time he was vaccinated. At this point, we are still going to vaccinate, we're just going to wait until he's a older. And after we've learned more about each vaccine. My MIL is very pro-vaccination because the polio vaccine saved her life as a young girl, so she is always asking about whether or not they've had their check ups, and if they're up to date on their shots.
I didn't mean to offend anyone. I am open to all information, for or against vaccinating.
Gennaxo…you did not offend anyone! smile.gif  I am positive.  

The first bout of bronchiolitis occurred after that vaccination. He hasn't been vaccinated since. The bronchiolitis already came back once and I'm worried he's coming down with it again. If anyone has experience with it recurring, regardless of opinion on vaccines,any information would be helpful.

My youngest is prone to recurrent chest infections.  What we have done/are doing:

1.  Vit D and C

2.  We are in the process of minimisizing dust.  I got rid of carpets and it seemed to help.

3.  We do use bronchodilators at the first sign of chest infection.

4.  I was recently referred to the lung clinic at the  childrens hospitals.  Honestly, I should have been referred before but did not know to ask bag.gif.  The doctor turned out to be be great (he read me quite quickly as low on the intervention scale) and suggested physical therapy for her.  Apparently there is this device you can use to help them cough gunk out of their lungs.  We go for therapy in 2 weeks and it is so nice to be pro-active in managing this, instead of waiting around for a chest infection.

5.  Hand washing, good nutrition, outdoor play and proper sleep (I am a bit of a health zealot, actually, way more than I was before).

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page