How in non vaxed child a non threat to public? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 01-19-2013, 05:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all!
My religious exemp office is asking me to write an explanation of how the granting of such an exemption to my child would not constitute a health risk for the public at large. I just want some feedback of what any one might think of putting down so I can whip up something good. Thank you all!!joy.gif
#2 of 7 Old 01-19-2013, 05:17 PM

You may want to put this in mindful vax or I'm not vaccinating. This topic might derail pretty quickly in this forum rather than being terribly helpful smile.gif
#3 of 7 Old 01-19-2013, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry I'm really unsure of how to do that. Perhaps if you could easily do that I would be most grateful!! Thank you!!
#4 of 7 Old 01-19-2013, 06:04 PM

You can't move it yourself. You can use the "report" feature on a post in the thread to get a mods attention and ask them to move it, pm a mod and ask them to move it, or just start a new thread in one or those places smile.gif
#5 of 7 Old 01-20-2013, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizmama View Post

Hi all!
My religious exemp office is asking me to write an explanation of how the granting of such an exemption to my child would not constitute a health risk for the public at large. I just want some feedback of what any one might think of putting down so I can whip up something good. Thank you all!!joy.gif

What state are you in?  If you have to write a letter of exemption, instead of a state form, there are lots of sample letters you can use.  

http://www.vaclib.org/exemption.htm

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/12/27/legal-vaccine-exemptions.aspx

http://www.vaccineinfo.net/exemptions/relexemptlet.shtml

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/890537/immunization-exemption-letter

#6 of 7 Old 01-20-2013, 11:32 AM

Well, you aren't putting the majority of of people at risk since the majority of people are protected by vaccines. Just babies too young to be vaccinated, other kids/adults who can't be vaccinated or who have chosen (or their parents have chosen) not to have them vaccinated, the small percentage of people whose vaccines failed to create immunity, people undergoing chemo or whose immune systems are compromised for whatever reason, etc.  But you could argue that you are not so much putting them at increased risk as just failing to make an effort to reduce their risk, and that it is not your responsibility to do so for them, I guess. Besides which, a high enough percentage of the population is vaccinated with effective vaccines that they will likely keep your child from being exposed to any transmissible vaccine preventable diseases, and your child can't pass on diseases that he/she isn't exposed to to begin with.  (Pertussis would be an exception since there are problems there.)  

You might find support more to your liking if you post in the "I'm not vaccinating" forum.  

#7 of 7 Old 01-20-2013, 12:32 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pers View Post

Well, you aren't putting the majority of of people at risk since the majority of people are protected by vaccines. Just babies too young to be vaccinated, other kids/adults who can't be vaccinated or who have chosen (or their parents have chosen) not to have them vaccinated, the small percentage of people whose vaccines failed to create immunity, people undergoing chemo or whose immune systems are compromised for whatever reason, etc.  But you could argue that you are not so much putting them at increased risk as just failing to make an effort to reduce their risk, and that it is not your responsibility to do so for them, I guess. 

That's a good one.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page