Mothering Forums

Mothering Forums (http://www.mothering.com/forum/)
-   Vaccinations (http://www.mothering.com/forum/47-vaccinations/)
-   -   Piers Morgan falls ill days after a public flu shot with Dr Oz (http://www.mothering.com/forum/47-vaccinations/1373054-piers-morgan-falls-ill-days-after-public-flu-shot-dr-oz.html)

Mirzam 01-24-2013 02:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Oh dear!

http://naturalsociety.com/piers-morgan-falls-ill-days-after-public-flu-shot-with-dr-oz/

Quote:
[a] major publicity stunt for the efficacy of the flu shot as presented by CNN has crashed and burned. After receiving his very first flu shot live on air from vaccine advocate Dr. Oz in attempt to showcase the ‘safety and effectiveness of the shot’, Piers Morgan has now developed flu-like symptoms that even he and his guest have attributed to the reception of the shot.

chickabiddy 01-24-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

In the January 23 interview with country music celebrity Dwight Yoakam, Piers and Dwight discuss the connection between the recent shot and his new sickness. In the interview, which can be seen below, Piers asks “…As you can tell, things are deteriorating. Is there any advice you can give me?”

Yoakam replies with a simple “Don’t ever take a flu shot again,”

I'm not sure I consider Dwight Yoakam a medical expert.

I'm sorry Morgan is ill.

Rrrrrachel 01-24-2013 02:50 PM

You cannot get the flu from the flu shot. Period.

rachelsmama 01-24-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post

True, but some of the readily acknowledged possible side effects (fever, aches, etc...) are similar, and feeling like crap is crappy whether it's caused by a wild virus or a vaccine.

Turquesa 01-24-2013 03:44 PM

Correct. You cannot get the flu strain/s that the vaccine targets. Just flu-like symptoms, the most common side effect---headache, fever, fatigue, and body aches. (Per the VIS of the inactivated vaccine)..

When you're sick in bed and missing work, it's potato-potatah.

Turquesa 01-24-2013 03:45 PM

&^%4 cross-posting. Never fails! lol.gif

Jennyanydots 01-24-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

So says Rrrachel, and the untrustworthy CDC. Flu shmoo. If it quacks like a duck...

I think it's great- not that the guy's sick, but that it publicly exposes the hypocrisy.

Turquesa 01-24-2013 03:55 PM

It's just that the vaccine's cheerleaders are disingenuous with their hair-splitting. While "debunking the myth" of it causing the flu, they neglect to mention that it can make you really, really sick.

Rrrrrachel 01-24-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennyanydots View Post

So says Rrrachel, and the untrustworthy CDC. Flu shmoo. If it quacks like a duck...

I think it's great- not that the guy's sick, but that it publicly exposes the hypocrisy.

No. So says high school level biology.

Jennyanydots 01-24-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turquesa View Post

It's just that the vaccine's cheerleaders are disingenuous with their hair-splitting. While "debunking the myth" of it causing the flu, they neglect to mention that it can make you really, really sick.
Exactly.

Rrrrrachel 01-24-2013 04:52 PM

Well, for my part, it's not some kind of coverup. I don't think the shot can make you nearly as sick as the actual flu.

serenbat 01-24-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:
 I don't think the shot can make you nearly as sick as the actual flu.

maybe there can be a trial and you can participate in it

Rrrrrachel 01-24-2013 05:11 PM

well . . . I got a flu shot . . . so I don't know why it would bother me to participate in a trial for the flu shot . . . seems like kind of a waste, though.

Rrrrrachel 01-24-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

What about people who get a seasonal flu vaccine and still get sick with flu-like symptoms?

There are several reasons why someone might get flu-like symptoms even after they have been vaccinated against the flu.

. . . 

Snipped to keep it under 100 words, but you can read it for yourself.

http://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/qa/flushot.htm#whatabout

Rrrrrachel 01-24-2013 05:22 PM

and are you serious?  I'm supposed to believe this man has "the flu?"

http://www.infowars.com/piers-morgan-falls-ill-days-after-receiving-flu-vaccine/

what a joke.

Taximom5 01-24-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Well, for my part, it's not some kind of coverup. I don't think the shot can make you nearly as sick as the actual flu.

Nice. You're implying that anybody who gets "the flu" will necessarily become seriously ill.

In fact, many people exposed to the flu won't have any symptoms at all. Just like many people given the shot won't have any reactions at all.

But others will die. Or become seriously ill. The flu can do that if you suffer from an underlying medical condition. So can the flu shot.

So, sorry, but the shot can make make you just as sick or sicker than the flu.

There are plenty of us who have no problem recovering from lab-confirmed influenza, but become seriously ill from the flu shot. Welcome to reality.

erigeron 01-24-2013 08:45 PM

If someone gets the actual flu (as opposed to "flu-like symptoms") immediately following the flu shot, it's because they were exposed to the flu already at the time they got the shot. The shot isn't going to protect against a case of the flu that someone is already in the process of contracting. It takes time to build the immunity. 

Similar to the reason the whole "I'll just stay home from my job if I get the flu and so I won't expose anyone" is total crap, because you can spread the flu before you even realize you have it. 

pek64 01-24-2013 10:18 PM

So test him and set the record straight. Why is it tests are rarely done on those who receive the vaccine and get symptoms? Do the test. Prove the statement instead of relying on repetition to impress the public. We're not impressed by rhetoric, but by information.

prosciencemum 01-24-2013 11:16 PM

Man flu maybe.....?

pek64 01-24-2013 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prosciencemum View Post

Man flu maybe.....?

Man flu?

prosciencemum 01-25-2013 03:02 AM

Is that really just a British thing - the idea that men get sick and go to bed claiming flu, much more quickly than women do.... I was expressing my doubts that he really has flu. 

I agree he should get himself tested before claiming on national TV that he has flu as a side effect of the vaccine. :) 

chickabiddy 01-25-2013 04:26 AM

If he really has actual influenza, and he feels well enough to work, then perhaps it's true that people who get a flu shot get a lighter case of the flu if they do get it.

I'm thinking he got sick, like lots of people around the world are sick this time of the year, and since it was in proximity to a flu shot (which he was apparently skeptical about to begin with), he blamed the shot.

A test would be interesting, but no one has the right to "test him and set the record straight".

Rrrrrachel 01-25-2013 05:14 AM

Man flu is NOT just a British thing! Unfortunately!!!

He had a sore throat. Come on.

Taximom5 01-25-2013 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erigeron View Post

If someone gets the actual flu (as opposed to "flu-like symptoms") immediately following the flu shot, it's because they were exposed to the flu already at the time they got the shot. The shot isn't going to protect against a case of the flu that someone is already in the process of contracting. It takes time to build the immunity. 

If someone gets the actual flu immediately following the flu shot--or 10 days later--or 30 days later-- it's because the flu shot has very poor efficacy.

No, the flu shot is not going to protect against a case of the flu that someone is already in the process of contracting.  It's also not going to protect against any other virus that someone is exposed to, and there are a couple of studies indicating that people who get a flu shot are MORE likely, not less likely, to contract h1n1.

In addition, if the flu shot happens to trigger an autoimmune disorder (which they are known to do), that could, in turn, predispose you to complications from both flu and flu shot.

Taximom5 01-25-2013 06:08 AM

Quote:

Man flu is NOT just a British thing! Unfortunately!!!

He had a sore throat. Come on.

Many people who have laboratory-confirmed flu have a sore throat.  In fact, the vast majority of people who have influenza DON'T have life-threatening symptoms.  THey just have sore throats, fevers, achy joints, headaches, etc.

It would be so helpful if the pharmaceutical industry and mainstream media didn't keep spreading the myth that influenza is universally severe.  It's not.  It's just the flu.

But I guess that, since they can't sell a cure for the flu (since none exists), they are doing their best to sell their big money-making flu shot.  Even though it's got an abysmal efficacy record, and there are many serious potential side effects.

Rrrrrachel 01-25-2013 06:22 AM

Sure, maybe he has a mild case of the flu, but it's FAR from a sure thing. There are tons of viruses that go around this time of year he could have!

erinmattsmom88 01-25-2013 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pek64 View Post

So test him and set the record straight. Why is it tests are rarely done on those who receive the vaccine and get symptoms? Do the test. Prove the statement instead of relying on repetition to impress the public. We're not impressed by rhetoric, but by information.

Yes, this!!

Rrrrrachel 01-25-2013 06:53 AM

What would testing him prove? He either has the flu or he doesn't. If he doesn't, then whatever. If he does, oh well some people still get it after the vaccine.

pek64 01-25-2013 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinmattsmom88 View Post

Yes, this!!

Thank you!

chickabiddy 01-25-2013 06:56 AM

By whose authority do we test him?