Improving Vaccines with Engineered E-Coli? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-26-2013, 05:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

http://www.futurity.org/health-medicine/the-dirty-little-secret-for-making-better-vaccines/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 01-26-2013, 01:59 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Interesting to see the researchers admit it's a trial and error game, and that they really don't know exactly how these things work. No thanks.

chicken3.gif mama to two teens and two tots partners.gif madly in love with DP guitar.gif

#3 of 5 Old 01-28-2013, 03:39 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennyanydots View Post

Interesting to see the researchers admit it's a trial and error game, and that they really don't know exactly how these things work. 

How did you think science worked if not like this?

Everything we consume we have "safety tested" by trial and error - including all natural foods. Obviously a lot of that was done in pre-history, but the same principle applies.

Personally I'm thankful scientists continue to work to make vaccines more effective and continue to extensively safety test them.  

Mother of two living in UK. Daughter (2007) born in USA, son (2010) born here. I'm pro natural birth, midwife care, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby wearing and a keen advocate of cloth diapering. I'm a full time working research scientist (physical sciences) and I'm pro-vaccine.

#4 of 5 Old 01-28-2013, 05:01 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by prosciencemum View Post

How did you think science worked if not like this?

Everything we consume we have "safety tested" by trial and error - including all natural foods. Obviously a lot of that was done in pre-history, but the same principle applies.

Obviously research is done and products developed through testing.

Policy makers, however, present a dumbed down, black and white view: this is how it is, we know what we're doing, no need to ask questions.

It is interesting, therefore, to read a mainstream article which discusses a fundamental lack of understanding, on the part of scientists, of how these chemical cocktails operate in the body.

What did you think I meant if not this? Personally I find it offensive when someone responds to every move of big moneymaking drug developers by clapping their hands and chanting, "oh, isn't it sooo reassuring!!!" But that's just me. smile.gif

chicken3.gif mama to two teens and two tots partners.gif madly in love with DP guitar.gif

#5 of 5 Old 01-28-2013, 08:22 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)

Like this http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/24/health/research-on-deadly-bird-flu-to-resume-after-safety-debate.html?_r=0

"genetically altered a dangerous bird flu virus to make it more contagious in mammals"   There's always a neat and tidy spin to these experiments, so naturally we must accept them, no questions asked.

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page