Info gathering - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-28-2013, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey everyone, 

I am conducting preliminary research on a potential book project. Can you please let me know if you vaccinate (yourself or your children). If not, why not? If so, why? If you don't, what would change your mind, if anything? 
Also, do you use non- traditional medicine? Why? Do you use this instead of traditional? Why?
 I obviously am wanting to explore some health choices we make for our families. In doing so, it is not my aim to make anyone feel/look like they are making wrong choices...but rather hope to dissect why those choices are made. I am ultimately hoping to have a discussion about how science & medicine fail/succeed at communicating to the public, and how we move forward from here. If you would rather not respond here, please feel free to DM me. If things progress past data collection/planning process, I will never, ever use names or be mean to anyone--no matter what their opinion. I would heartily appreciate any reposts, as well. Many thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 01-30-2013, 07:57 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I have to say without knowing alot more about you, your project and more details I wouldn't feel comfortable responding in a forum like this - or via PM for that matter. 

applejuice likes this.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#3 of 6 Old 01-30-2013, 10:27 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow, Marnica! Thank you so much for bringing up an incredibly valid point. I was wondering why I was getting no response. You don't know me from Adam! I was a member here a looooong time ago, but me recently joining & then asking such a personal question... I honestly don't know why that had not occurred to me. Would anyone be willing to do a quick--and completely anonymous--survey?
I have no problems giving more info about me... I was a antivaxxer for a while, then delayed. I work in a kids science center. for this project, i am interested in learning more about how people make decisions that affect their families. I am absolutely not interested in debating anyone--you have made your choices for a reason and I not going to question them. I would, however, be interested in knowing why you make the choices you do and what, if anything, would help you change your mind.
So, would anonymous replies make more people willing to respond?
#4 of 6 Old 01-31-2013, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJ View Post

Wow, Marnica! Thank you so much for bringing up an incredibly valid point. I was wondering why I was getting no response. You don't know me from Adam! I was a member here a looooong time ago, but me recently joining & then asking such a personal question... I honestly don't know why that had not occurred to me. Would anyone be willing to do a quick--and completely anonymous--survey?
I have no problems giving more info about me... I was a antivaxxer for a while, then delayed. I work in a kids science center. for this project, i am interested in learning more about how people make decisions that affect their families. I am absolutely not interested in debating anyone--you have made your choices for a reason and I not going to question them. I would, however, be interested in knowing why you make the choices you do and what, if anything, would help you change your mind.
So, would anonymous replies make more people willing to respond?

I have no problem taking an anonymous survey. There have been others on this forum about the same issue in the past

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#5 of 6 Old 01-31-2013, 11:48 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)

ChrisJ - are you posting here because you're after viewpoints of non or delayed vaccinators? Because there are a lot of Mothering style parents who follow the standard recommendations for vaccination. There's nothing inconsistent with attachment/gentle parenting and choosing to vaccinate. :)

Mother of two living in UK. Daughter (2007) born in USA, son (2010) born here. I'm pro natural birth, midwife care, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby wearing and a keen advocate of cloth diapering. I'm a full time working research scientist (physical sciences) and I'm pro-vaccine.

#6 of 6 Old 02-01-2013, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prosciencemum View Post

ChrisJ - are you posting here because you're after viewpoints of non or delayed vaccinators? Because there are a lot of Mothering style parents who follow the standard recommendations for vaccination. There's nothing inconsistent with attachment/gentle parenting and choosing to vaccinate. :)

Where in either of her posts do you get this notion? I think she was fairly clear: 

Quote:
 i am interested in learning more about how people make decisions that affect their families..... I would, however, be interested in knowing why you make the choices you do and what, if anything, would help you change your mind.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page