Prevnar and ADHD link? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 34 Old 02-23-2013, 06:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thank you. :)  He didn't/doesn't have any gut issues or show symptoms.  He was nursed until 18 months, didn't start solids until 7? months - he was reaching for my food, sitting up, etc., and I didn't feed him solids daily unless he was showing interest.  I don't think he started eating daily until 12 months.

I do want to eliminate gluten, but he;s so picky already and rotates between a handful of foods. 

Wife to Jesse, Mom to Ayden 12/01, Kailey 07/03, Ashlyn 6/05, Dylan 9/07, & Riley 12/09

#32 of 34 Old 02-23-2013, 08:22 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)

:o)  He sounds a lot like my son. I breastfed until 13 months, and he was a picky carb-lover after that. He also does not have any gut issues that I know of.

I'm fairly new to the whole gluten-free lifestyle. These are a few interesting points I recently learned:

"In children and young adults, gluten ataxia can also cause developmental delay, diminished muscle tone, learning disorders and ADHD."

"Only a proportion of patients presenting with neurological dysfunction association with gluten sensitivity will also have GI symptoms.”

The bottom line is that gluten sensitivity can be primarily — and at times exclusively — a neurologic disease."

http://www.livingwithout.com/issues/1_11/untreated_gluten_sensitivity-1800-1.html

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

#33 of 34 Old 02-24-2013, 01:27 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My oldest DD has been off gluten for a little over two years now, and she is like a different person. I wouldn't have believed how much difference it could make if I hadn't seen it. She never had any GI issues that I was aware of, either, but she was diagnosed by our ND as gluten and dairy allergic, and the diet has changed her life. joy.gif
BeckyBird likes this.

chicken3.gif mama to two teens and two tots partners.gif madly in love with DP guitar.gif

#34 of 34 Old 02-24-2013, 06:54 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Kristina~ View Post

Thank you. :)  He didn't/doesn't have any gut issues or show symptoms.  He was nursed until 18 months, didn't start solids until 7? months - he was reaching for my food, sitting up, etc., and I didn't feed him solids daily unless he was showing interest.  I don't think he started eating daily until 12 months.

I do want to eliminate gluten, but he;s so picky already and rotates between a handful of foods. 

My son as well, weaned at 3 1/2, no antibiotics or symptoms as a baby, seems to have good gut health  if you use the bristol scale ( a scale that tells you if your elimiations   show a healthy or unhealthy gut wall)....

but...

his symptoms of adhd (  poor impulse control, hyperactivity, oppositional behavior, an other symptoms-picky eating, sugar addiction, and more)  all go away without gluten. So there is something in his digestion going on.... There are other factors like antibiotics in our food supply...leaky gut resulting from an over  growth of yeast...

Anyway, ironically the picky eating is drastically improved with gluten removal-for us anyway...

BeckyBird likes this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page