Peanut oil in Vaccines causing massive peanut allergy? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
1  2 3  4  ... Last
Vaccinations > Peanut oil in Vaccines causing massive peanut allergy?
serenbat's Avatar serenbat 01:37 PM 03-17-2013
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post

If injection always causes sensitivity, and vaccines contain peanut oil, why isn't the rate of peanut allergies much much higher?

How high does it need to be for you?

http://www.foodallergy.org/allergens/peanut-allergy

According to a FARE-funded study, the number of children in the U.S. with peanut allergy more than tripled between 1997 and 2008.1 Studies in the United Kingdom and Canada also showed a high prevalence of peanut allergy in schoolchildren.

Rrrrrachel's Avatar Rrrrrachel 01:53 PM 03-17-2013
Yeah I remember reading it but it was awhile ago and it probably wasn't very carefully (because time to sit somewhere and read intently isn't exactly abundant). Thank you for clarifying.
Rrrrrachel's Avatar Rrrrrachel 01:55 PM 03-17-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenbat View Post

How high does it need to be for you?

http://www.foodallergy.org/allergens/peanut-allergy
According to a FARE-funded study, the number of children in the U.S. with peanut allergy more than tripled between 1997 and 2008.
 Studies in the United Kingdom and Canada also showed a high prevalence of peanut allergy in schoolchildren.

Well if injection causes allergies, and vaccines contain peanut proteins, seems like it would up towards 95-100%.
serenbat's Avatar serenbat 02:28 PM 03-17-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View PostWell if injection causes allergies, and vaccines contain peanut proteins, seems like it would up towards 95-100%.

Does this 95-100% hold for other things too? Should be only care about an illness if 95-100% are effected? dizzy.gif

Mirzam's Avatar Mirzam 02:36 PM 03-17-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post

Yeah I remember reading it but it was awhile ago and it probably wasn't very carefully (because time to sit somewhere and read intently isn't exactly abundant). Thank you for clarifying.

This is why it is always good to have a grasp of the topic, which includes reading the links, before shooting off a post.

Mirzam's Avatar Mirzam 02:48 PM 03-17-2013
Quote:

Well if injection causes allergies, and vaccines contain peanut proteins, seems like it would up towards 95-100%.

This is where an understanding of Von Pirquet's work on Serum Sickness would have been helpful. As has been mentioned three times now, vaccination by its very nature has to incorporate hypersensitivity, it comes part and parcel with vaccine "immunity" which isn't real immunity, of course, because that is a natural phenomenon which encompasses a multi-faceted immune response to a potentially infectious organism and that cannot be elicited by vaccination.

Rrrrrachel's Avatar Rrrrrachel 02:52 PM 03-17-2013
It's not necessarily a lack of understanding as agreement, Mirzam. I'm sure you're aware not everyone agrees with your opinions on germs and immunity. I you're not interested in discussion that's fine.
Mirzam's Avatar Mirzam 02:58 PM 03-17-2013
Quote:

It's not necessarily a lack of understanding as agreement, Mirzam. I'm sure you're aware not everyone agrees with your opinions on germs and immunity. I you're not interested in discussion that's fine.

My opinion has nothing to do with having a knowledge of the work of Clemens Von Pirquet and Charles Richet. If you consider yourself a student of vaccinology, these are important historical figures to be familiar with. Just say......

Rrrrrachel's Avatar Rrrrrachel 03:36 PM 03-17-2013
Do you want to have a discussion, which often involves answering clarifying questions on your position, or do you want to be condescending? You have to pick because I won't do both.
Mirzam's Avatar Mirzam 03:46 PM 03-17-2013
Quote:

Do you want to have a discussion, which often involves answering clarifying questions on your position, or do you want to be condescending? You have to pick because I won't do both.

Huh? You are not having a discussion with me, you're shooting off one-liners and that doesn't amount to a discussion. I have no desire to go round and round in circles with you, been there done that enough times to know it is a pointless exercise. Have a nice day.

Rrrrrachel's Avatar Rrrrrachel 03:47 PM 03-17-2013
All I'm doing is asking you questions.
pek64's Avatar pek64 03:50 PM 03-17-2013
Problems of some things stated in this thread.

"Peanut proteins are not in the vaccine".
This implies that the only allergen in peanuts is the protein. That may currently be the only acknowledged allergen, but it is possible that another part is also an allergen for some.
Also, it is possible that there are very minute traces of peanut protein in the vaccine, which may be enough to cause a problem for some.

"People didn't eat peanuts in 1900".
No documentation was provided to support this statement.
If the person making the claim is an historian, it might be credible, but a statistian needs to provide supporting evidence to be credible.
chickabiddy's Avatar chickabiddy 04:03 PM 03-17-2013
Quote:
Although the peanut was mainly a garden crop for much of the colonial period of North America, it was mostly used as animal feed stock until the 1930s.[9] In the United States, a US Department of Agriculture program (see below) to encourage agricultural production and human consumption of peanuts was instituted in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. George Washington Carver is well known for his participation in that program in which he developed hundreds of recipes for peanuts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peanut#History

Rrrrrachel's Avatar Rrrrrachel 04:21 PM 03-17-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by pek64 View Post

Problems of some things stated in this thread.

"Peanut proteins are not in the vaccine".
This implies that the only allergen in peanuts is the protein. That may currently be the only acknowledged allergen, but it is possible that another part is also an allergen for some.
Also, it is possible that there are very minute traces of peanut protein in the vaccine, which may be enough to cause a problem for some.

"People didn't eat peanuts in 1900".
No documentation was provided to support this statement.
If the person making the claim is an historian, it might be credible, but a statistian needs to provide supporting evidence to be credible.

That's an awfully long reach you have. You should consider playing basketball.
Mirzam's Avatar Mirzam 04:33 PM 03-17-2013
Quote:

All I'm doing is asking you questions.

As far as I can see* you asked me one question and I answered it, even though the question was pretty ridiculous given that it would require me to educate you on vaccines and hypersensitivity, and that would be a total waste of my time and would necessitate you doing some homework, and as you stated above, "because time to sit somewhere and read intently isn't exactly abundant" you probably wouldn't be into that. Still waiting for you to watch and debunk Dr Suzanne Humphries Polio lecture on video. 2whistle.gif

* You may have asked more, but because you don't bother to use the "quote" button, it is hard to tell to whom you are addressing with your one-liners.

pek64's Avatar pek64 04:40 PM 03-17-2013
Quote:

That's an awfully long reach you have. You should consider playing basketball.

And with your talent for one-liners, you should consider becoming a stand-up comic.

Now, do you want to keep your replies on topic? Or do you not have a response to the actual remarks about the topic? If you have nothing to add that is about the topic, silence is acceptable, and preferable. This constant flippancy is what gives the impression that you are getting paid by the post. If you want to change that opinion, a change of tactics is required.
chickabiddy's Avatar chickabiddy 04:42 PM 03-17-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by pek64 View Post

This constant flippancy is what gives the impression that you are getting paid by the post.

This is tiresome, and I think it's against the User Agreement.  Hopefully the mods will sort it out.

Rrrrrachel's Avatar Rrrrrachel 04:51 PM 03-17-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirzam View Post

As far as I can see* you asked me one question and I answered it, even though the question was pretty ridiculous given that it would require me to educate you on vaccines and hypersensitivity, and that would be a total waste of my time and would necessitate you doing some homework, and as you stated above, "because time to sit somewhere and read intently isn't exactly abundant" you probably wouldn't be into that. Still waiting for you to watch and debunk Dr Suzanne Humphries Polio lecture on video. 2whistle.gif

* You may have asked more, but because you don't bother to use the "quote" button, it is hard to tell to whom you are addressing with your one-liners.

I'm interested in what you specifically think. I'm obviously capable of reading the research for myself, and when I do I generally don't think it actually says what you represent it as saying. I'm interested in understanding your position better. That's the point of engaging in a discussion, for me.

Generally I don't quote because I'm on a mobile device and its a pain. Sorry for any inconvenience.

So here's what I'm getting. Allergies are caused either by injection or something like leaky gut. All injections of proteins lead to allergies (I don't think this was what he was actually saying in the Nobel lecture, but it seems to be what you're saying), but those allergies vary in severity. So I guess there are a lot of people walking around with sensitivities to peanuts who don't know it?
Rrrrrachel's Avatar Rrrrrachel 04:52 PM 03-17-2013
Pek the post I was responding to is so laughable in its "it's possible that" and could bes I couldn't help it, sorry.
Taximom5's Avatar Taximom5 05:03 PM 03-17-2013
Quote:

Well if injection causes allergies in susceptible people, and vaccines contain peanut proteins, seems like it would match up with the rate of susceptible people.

Fixed that for you!  smile.gif

Rrrrrachel's Avatar Rrrrrachel 05:12 PM 03-17-2013
Taxi if that's the claim then fine, I'm just trying to clarify if that's what's being asserted or not.
pek64's Avatar pek64 05:18 PM 03-17-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickabiddy View Post

This is tiresome, and I think it's against the User Agreement.  Hopefully the mods will sort it out.

I am actually trying to be helpful, and let her know why it's being said about her. If she wants to change her reputation, she will need to change her tactics. I will not mention it again, however. She's free to do as she pleases.
pek64's Avatar pek64 05:21 PM 03-17-2013
Quote:

Pek the post I was responding to is so laughable in its "it's possible that" and could bes I couldn't help it, sorry.

At least I differentiate between theory and fact. I am not sure why you find it amusing, but so be it.
pek64's Avatar pek64 05:36 PM 03-17-2013

Is there a particular link in the list of links that you are trying to draw attention to?

And regarding posting from a phone, I do that all the time, and take the time to post more than one line. It's pointless to post if you make it so short that your point is poorly made or misunderstood.
pek64's Avatar pek64 05:39 PM 03-17-2013
Quote:

Being in the growth medium is not the same as being an ingredient.

If vaccines contain peanut oil someone should get a vaccine, run it through a mass spec, and have a smoking gun. Easy enough. Instead we have a lot of trumped up innuendo.

Being in the growth medium can be a problem. I had to give up yeast for that very reason.
erigeron 05:56 PM 03-17-2013

Okay, so if peanut oil or some peanut derivative is in vaccines and it's sensitizing some kids, therefore causing peanut allergies, then how come kids who have peanut allergies can receive further vaccines without uniformly going into anaphylaxis? headscratch.gif

serenbat's Avatar serenbat 06:08 PM 03-17-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by erigeron View Post

Okay, so if peanut oil or some peanut derivative is in vaccines and it's sensitizing some kids, therefore causing peanut allergies, then how come kids who have peanut allergies can receive further vaccines without uniformly going into anaphylaxis? headscratch.gif

as with other allergies this also applies - http://www.foodallergy.org

anaphylaxisis a sudden, severe, potentially fatal, systemic allergic reaction that can involve various areas of the body (such as the skin, respiratory tract, gastrointestinal tract, and cardiovascular system). Symptoms occur within minutes to two hours after contact with the allergy-causing substance, but in rare instances may occur up to four hours later. Anaphylactic reactions can be mild to life-threatening. The annual incidence of anaphylactic reactions is about 30 per 100,000 persons, and individuals with asthma, eczema, or hay fever are at greater relative risk of experiencing anaphylaxis.

in other words, it does not present the same way each and every time and everyone reacts differently from each other

Mirzam's Avatar Mirzam 06:21 PM 03-17-2013
Quote:

I'm interested in what you specifically think. I'm obviously capable of reading the research for myself, and when I do I generally don't think it actually says what you represent it as saying. I'm interested in understanding your position better. That's the point of engaging in a discussion, for me.

Generally I don't quote because I'm on a mobile device and its a pain. Sorry for any inconvenience.

So here's what I'm getting. Allergies are caused either by injection or something like leaky gut. All injections of proteins lead to allergies (I don't think this was what he was actually saying in the Nobel lecture, but it seems to be what you're saying), but those allergies vary in severity. So I guess there are a lot of people walking around with sensitivities to peanuts who don't know it?

I don't think for one minute you are interested in what I my position is, and as I do not believe you are sincere, I see no point in engaging in a discussion with you because it will go nowhere. It is clear from the above you are only wishing to mock and belittle, because you obviously haven't got a clue. 

Rrrrrachel's Avatar Rrrrrachel 06:27 PM 03-17-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirzam View Post

I don't think for one minute you are interested in what I my position is, and as I do not believe you are sincere, I see no point in engaging in a discussion with you because it will go nowhere. It is clear from the above you are only wishing to mock and belittle, because you obviously haven't got a clue. 

Well you're wrong, I am interested.  Otherwise what's the point of posting here at all?  I'm sorry you feel that way.  

I couldn't resist poking a little fun at pek's ridiculous post, but in general I'm not interested in belittling anyone and I think my track record posting supports that.  

erigeron 06:40 PM 03-17-2013

That sure is convenient that so many peanut-allergic kids, from this population that is frequently *so* allergic that they can go into full-blown anaphylactic shock from an exposure as mild as (for example) eating a sugar cookie that was briefly placed on top of a peanut butter cookie, somehow don't have any reaction or no particularly strong reaction to vaccines even when they were sensitized by vaccines. If peanut-allergic kids, as a group, reacted to vaccines at even a tenth of the rate that they react to peanuts/peanut derivatives/food that briefly contacted peanuts, then you'd really think we'd hear more about it. What with there being so many kids who are allergic to peanuts, most of whom are presumably still vaccinated regularly. 

Tags: Allergies , Vaccinations , Vaccines
1  2 3  4  ... Last

Up