Peanut oil in Vaccines causing massive peanut allergy? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#31 of 309 Old 03-17-2013, 12:37 PM
 
serenbat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,370
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post

If injection always causes sensitivity, and vaccines contain peanut oil, why isn't the rate of peanut allergies much much higher?

How high does it need to be for you?

 

 

 

http://www.foodallergy.org/allergens/peanut-allergy

According to a FARE-funded study, the number of children in the U.S. with peanut allergy more than tripled between 1997 and 2008.1 Studies in the United Kingdom and Canada also showed a high prevalence of peanut allergy in schoolchildren.

BeckyBird likes this.

 

 pro-transparency advocate

&

lurk.gif  PROUD member of the .3% club!

 

Want to join? Just ask me!

 

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

serenbat is offline  
#32 of 309 Old 03-17-2013, 12:53 PM
 
Rrrrrachel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yeah I remember reading it but it was awhile ago and it probably wasn't very carefully (because time to sit somewhere and read intently isn't exactly abundant). Thank you for clarifying.
Rrrrrachel is offline  
#33 of 309 Old 03-17-2013, 12:55 PM
 
Rrrrrachel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenbat View Post

How high does it need to be for you?



http://www.foodallergy.org/allergens/peanut-allergy
According to a FARE-funded study, the number of children in the U.S. with peanut allergy more than tripled between 1997 and 2008.
1
 Studies in the United Kingdom and Canada also showed a high prevalence of peanut allergy in schoolchildren.

Well if injection causes allergies, and vaccines contain peanut proteins, seems like it would up towards 95-100%.
Rrrrrachel is offline  
#34 of 309 Old 03-17-2013, 01:28 PM
 
serenbat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,370
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View PostWell if injection causes allergies, and vaccines contain peanut proteins, seems like it would up towards 95-100%.

Does this 95-100% hold for other things too? Should be only care about an illness if 95-100% are effected? dizzy.gif

andisunshine likes this.

 

 pro-transparency advocate

&

lurk.gif  PROUD member of the .3% club!

 

Want to join? Just ask me!

 

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

serenbat is offline  
#35 of 309 Old 03-17-2013, 01:36 PM
 
Mirzam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Outside the hive mind
Posts: 7,504
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post

Yeah I remember reading it but it was awhile ago and it probably wasn't very carefully (because time to sit somewhere and read intently isn't exactly abundant). Thank you for clarifying.

This is why it is always good to have a grasp of the topic, which includes reading the links, before shooting off a post.

andisunshine likes this.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

 

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

Mirzam is online now  
#36 of 309 Old 03-17-2013, 01:48 PM
 
Mirzam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Outside the hive mind
Posts: 7,504
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post


Well if injection causes allergies, and vaccines contain peanut proteins, seems like it would up towards 95-100%.

 

This is where an understanding of Von Pirquet's work on Serum Sickness would have been helpful. As has been mentioned three times now, vaccination by its very nature has to incorporate hypersensitivity, it comes part and parcel with vaccine "immunity" which isn't real immunity, of course, because that is a natural phenomenon which encompasses a multi-faceted immune response to a potentially infectious organism and that cannot be elicited by vaccination.

applejuice and BeckyBird like this.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

 

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

Mirzam is online now  
#37 of 309 Old 03-17-2013, 01:52 PM
 
Rrrrrachel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
It's not necessarily a lack of understanding as agreement, Mirzam. I'm sure you're aware not everyone agrees with your opinions on germs and immunity. I you're not interested in discussion that's fine.
Rrrrrachel is offline  
#38 of 309 Old 03-17-2013, 01:58 PM
 
Mirzam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Outside the hive mind
Posts: 7,504
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post

It's not necessarily a lack of understanding as agreement, Mirzam. I'm sure you're aware not everyone agrees with your opinions on germs and immunity. I you're not interested in discussion that's fine.

My opinion has nothing to do with having a knowledge of the work of Clemens Von Pirquet and Charles Richet. If you consider yourself a student of vaccinology, these are important historical figures to be familiar with. Just say......

applejuice and andisunshine like this.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

 

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

Mirzam is online now  
#39 of 309 Old 03-17-2013, 02:36 PM
 
Rrrrrachel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Do you want to have a discussion, which often involves answering clarifying questions on your position, or do you want to be condescending? You have to pick because I won't do both.
Rrrrrachel is offline  
#40 of 309 Old 03-17-2013, 02:46 PM
 
Mirzam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Outside the hive mind
Posts: 7,504
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post

Do you want to have a discussion, which often involves answering clarifying questions on your position, or do you want to be condescending? You have to pick because I won't do both.

Huh? You are not having a discussion with me, you're shooting off one-liners and that doesn't amount to a discussion. I have no desire to go round and round in circles with you, been there done that enough times to know it is a pointless exercise. Have a nice day.

grandmomtosky likes this.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

 

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

Mirzam is online now  
#41 of 309 Old 03-17-2013, 02:47 PM
 
Rrrrrachel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
All I'm doing is asking you questions.
Rrrrrachel is offline  
#42 of 309 Old 03-17-2013, 02:50 PM
 
pek64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,502
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Problems of some things stated in this thread.

"Peanut proteins are not in the vaccine".
This implies that the only allergen in peanuts is the protein. That may currently be the only acknowledged allergen, but it is possible that another part is also an allergen for some.
Also, it is possible that there are very minute traces of peanut protein in the vaccine, which may be enough to cause a problem for some.

"People didn't eat peanuts in 1900".
No documentation was provided to support this statement.
If the person making the claim is an historian, it might be credible, but a statistian needs to provide supporting evidence to be credible.
applejuice likes this.
pek64 is offline  
#43 of 309 Old 03-17-2013, 03:03 PM
 
chickabiddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 3,492
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Although the peanut was mainly a garden crop for much of the colonial period of North America, it was mostly used as animal feed stock until the 1930s.[9] In the United States, a US Department of Agriculture program (see below) to encourage agricultural production and human consumption of peanuts was instituted in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. George Washington Carver is well known for his participation in that program in which he developed hundreds of recipes for peanuts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peanut#History

applejuice likes this.

Carseat-checking (CPST) and WAH mama to a twelve-year-old girl.
chickabiddy is online now  
#44 of 309 Old 03-17-2013, 03:21 PM
 
Rrrrrachel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pek64 View Post

Problems of some things stated in this thread.

"Peanut proteins are not in the vaccine".
This implies that the only allergen in peanuts is the protein. That may currently be the only acknowledged allergen, but it is possible that another part is also an allergen for some.
Also, it is possible that there are very minute traces of peanut protein in the vaccine, which may be enough to cause a problem for some.

"People didn't eat peanuts in 1900".
No documentation was provided to support this statement.
If the person making the claim is an historian, it might be credible, but a statistian needs to provide supporting evidence to be credible.

That's an awfully long reach you have. You should consider playing basketball.
Rrrrrachel is offline  
#45 of 309 Old 03-17-2013, 03:33 PM
 
Mirzam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Outside the hive mind
Posts: 7,504
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post

All I'm doing is asking you questions.

 

As far as I can see* you asked me one question and I answered it, even though the question was pretty ridiculous given that it would require me to educate you on vaccines and hypersensitivity, and that would be a total waste of my time and would necessitate you doing some homework, and as you stated above, "because time to sit somewhere and read intently isn't exactly abundant" you probably wouldn't be into that. Still waiting for you to watch and debunk Dr Suzanne Humphries Polio lecture on video. 2whistle.gif

 

* You may have asked more, but because you don't bother to use the "quote" button, it is hard to tell to whom you are addressing with your one-liners.

applejuice and BeckyBird like this.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

 

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

Mirzam is online now  
#46 of 309 Old 03-17-2013, 03:40 PM
 
pek64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,502
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post

That's an awfully long reach you have. You should consider playing basketball.

And with your talent for one-liners, you should consider becoming a stand-up comic.


Now, do you want to keep your replies on topic? Or do you not have a response to the actual remarks about the topic? If you have nothing to add that is about the topic, silence is acceptable, and preferable. This constant flippancy is what gives the impression that you are getting paid by the post. If you want to change that opinion, a change of tactics is required.
applejuice and BeckyBird like this.
pek64 is offline  
#47 of 309 Old 03-17-2013, 03:42 PM
 
chickabiddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 3,492
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pek64 View Post

This constant flippancy is what gives the impression that you are getting paid by the post.

 

This is tiresome, and I think it's against the User Agreement.  Hopefully the mods will sort it out.

applejuice likes this.

Carseat-checking (CPST) and WAH mama to a twelve-year-old girl.
chickabiddy is online now  
#48 of 309 Old 03-17-2013, 03:51 PM
 
Rrrrrachel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirzam View Post

As far as I can see* you asked me one question and I answered it, even though the question was pretty ridiculous given that it would require me to educate you on vaccines and hypersensitivity, and that would be a total waste of my time and would necessitate you doing some homework, and as you stated above, "because time to sit somewhere and read intently isn't exactly abundant" you probably wouldn't be into that. Still waiting for you to watch and debunk Dr Suzanne Humphries Polio lecture on video. 2whistle.gif

* You may have asked more, but because you don't bother to use the "quote" button, it is hard to tell to whom you are addressing with your one-liners.

I'm interested in what you specifically think. I'm obviously capable of reading the research for myself, and when I do I generally don't think it actually says what you represent it as saying. I'm interested in understanding your position better. That's the point of engaging in a discussion, for me.

Generally I don't quote because I'm on a mobile device and its a pain. Sorry for any inconvenience.

So here's what I'm getting. Allergies are caused either by injection or something like leaky gut. All injections of proteins lead to allergies (I don't think this was what he was actually saying in the Nobel lecture, but it seems to be what you're saying), but those allergies vary in severity. So I guess there are a lot of people walking around with sensitivities to peanuts who don't know it?
Rrrrrachel is offline  
#49 of 309 Old 03-17-2013, 03:52 PM
 
Rrrrrachel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Pek the post I was responding to is so laughable in its "it's possible that" and could bes I couldn't help it, sorry.
Rrrrrachel is offline  
#50 of 309 Old 03-17-2013, 04:03 PM
 
Taximom5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,212
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post


Well if injection causes allergies in susceptible people, and vaccines contain peanut proteins, seems like it would match up with the rate of susceptible people.

Fixed that for you!  smile.gif

applejuice and BeckyBird like this.
Taximom5 is online now  
#51 of 309 Old 03-17-2013, 04:12 PM
 
Rrrrrachel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Taxi if that's the claim then fine, I'm just trying to clarify if that's what's being asserted or not.
Rrrrrachel is offline  
#52 of 309 Old 03-17-2013, 04:18 PM
 
pek64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,502
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickabiddy View Post

This is tiresome, and I think it's against the User Agreement.  Hopefully the mods will sort it out.

I am actually trying to be helpful, and let her know why it's being said about her. If she wants to change her reputation, she will need to change her tactics. I will not mention it again, however. She's free to do as she pleases.
pek64 is offline  
#53 of 309 Old 03-17-2013, 04:21 PM
 
pek64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,502
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post

Pek the post I was responding to is so laughable in its "it's possible that" and could bes I couldn't help it, sorry.

At least I differentiate between theory and fact. I am not sure why you find it amusing, but so be it.
pek64 is offline  
#54 of 309 Old 03-17-2013, 04:36 PM
 
pek64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,502
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Is there a particular link in the list of links that you are trying to draw attention to?

And regarding posting from a phone, I do that all the time, and take the time to post more than one line. It's pointless to post if you make it so short that your point is poorly made or misunderstood.
pek64 is offline  
#55 of 309 Old 03-17-2013, 04:39 PM
 
pek64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,502
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post

Being in the growth medium is not the same as being an ingredient.

If vaccines contain peanut oil someone should get a vaccine, run it through a mass spec, and have a smoking gun. Easy enough. Instead we have a lot of trumped up innuendo.


Being in the growth medium can be a problem. I had to give up yeast for that very reason.
pek64 is offline  
#56 of 309 Old 03-17-2013, 04:56 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,345
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Okay, so if peanut oil or some peanut derivative is in vaccines and it's sensitizing some kids, therefore causing peanut allergies, then how come kids who have peanut allergies can receive further vaccines without uniformly going into anaphylaxis? headscratch.gif

erigeron is offline  
#57 of 309 Old 03-17-2013, 05:08 PM
 
serenbat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,370
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by erigeron View Post

Okay, so if peanut oil or some peanut derivative is in vaccines and it's sensitizing some kids, therefore causing peanut allergies, then how come kids who have peanut allergies can receive further vaccines without uniformly going into anaphylaxis? headscratch.gif

 

as with other allergies this also applies - http://www.foodallergy.org

 

anaphylaxisis a sudden, severe, potentially fatal, systemic allergic reaction that can involve various areas of the body (such as the skin, respiratory tract, gastrointestinal tract, and cardiovascular system). Symptoms occur within minutes to two hours after contact with the allergy-causing substance, but in rare instances may occur up to four hours later. Anaphylactic reactions can be mild to life-threatening. The annual incidence of anaphylactic reactions is about 30 per 100,000 persons, and individuals with asthma, eczema, or hay fever are at greater relative risk of experiencing anaphylaxis.

 

in other words, it does not present the same way each and every time and everyone reacts differently from each other

applejuice likes this.

 

 pro-transparency advocate

&

lurk.gif  PROUD member of the .3% club!

 

Want to join? Just ask me!

 

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

serenbat is offline  
#58 of 309 Old 03-17-2013, 05:21 PM
 
Mirzam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Outside the hive mind
Posts: 7,504
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post

I'm interested in what you specifically think. I'm obviously capable of reading the research for myself, and when I do I generally don't think it actually says what you represent it as saying. I'm interested in understanding your position better. That's the point of engaging in a discussion, for me.

Generally I don't quote because I'm on a mobile device and its a pain. Sorry for any inconvenience.

So here's what I'm getting. Allergies are caused either by injection or something like leaky gut. All injections of proteins lead to allergies (I don't think this was what he was actually saying in the Nobel lecture, but it seems to be what you're saying), but those allergies vary in severity. So I guess there are a lot of people walking around with sensitivities to peanuts who don't know it?

 

I don't think for one minute you are interested in what I my position is, and as I do not believe you are sincere, I see no point in engaging in a discussion with you because it will go nowhere. It is clear from the above you are only wishing to mock and belittle, because you obviously haven't got a clue. 

applejuice and Taximom5 like this.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

 

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

Mirzam is online now  
#59 of 309 Old 03-17-2013, 05:27 PM
 
Rrrrrachel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirzam View Post

 

I don't think for one minute you are interested in what I my position is, and as I do not believe you are sincere, I see no point in engaging in a discussion with you because it will go nowhere. It is clear from the above you are only wishing to mock and belittle, because you obviously haven't got a clue. 

 

 

Well you're wrong, I am interested.  Otherwise what's the point of posting here at all?  I'm sorry you feel that way.  

 

I couldn't resist poking a little fun at pek's ridiculous post, but in general I'm not interested in belittling anyone and I think my track record posting supports that.  

Rrrrrachel is offline  
#60 of 309 Old 03-17-2013, 05:40 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,345
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

 That sure is convenient that so many peanut-allergic kids, from this population that is frequently *so* allergic that they can go into full-blown anaphylactic shock from an exposure as mild as (for example) eating a sugar cookie that was briefly placed on top of a peanut butter cookie, somehow don't have any reaction or no particularly strong reaction to vaccines even when they were sensitized by vaccines. If peanut-allergic kids, as a group, reacted to vaccines at even a tenth of the rate that they react to peanuts/peanut derivatives/food that briefly contacted peanuts, then you'd really think we'd hear more about it. What with there being so many kids who are allergic to peanuts, most of whom are presumably still vaccinated regularly. 

erigeron is offline  
Reply

Tags
Allergies , Vaccinations , Vaccines

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off