Peanut oil in Vaccines causing massive peanut allergy? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

#61 of 309 Old 03-17-2013, 06:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Don't *presume* they are being vaccinated and present that as evidence. Present facts!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 309 Old 03-17-2013, 07:00 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
.3% of children in the us receive no vaccines. http://www.immunizationinfo.org/science/demographics-unvaccinated-children

.4-.6% of children have peanut allergies. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peanut_allergy
#63 of 309 Old 03-17-2013, 07:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pek64 View Post

Don't *presume* they are being vaccinated and present that as evidence. Present facts!

Good job of missing the point of my post and focusing on a technicality. Thanks, Rrrrachel, for handling that one. :)

#64 of 309 Old 03-17-2013, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post

.3% of children in the us receive no vaccines. http://www.immunizationinfo.org/science/demographics-unvaccinated-children

.4-.6% of children have peanut allergies. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peanut_allergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by erigeron View Post

Good job of missing the point of my post and focusing on a technicality. Thanks, Rrrrachel, for handling that one. smile.gif

The article in the clearly states that it is *estimated* that 3 children in one thousand had never beem vaxed. That does not include those who were being vaxed and vaccinating was stopped due to reaction.
#65 of 309 Old 03-18-2013, 05:16 AM

Right, but those kids aren't relevant here. If the number of kids with peanut allergies is higher than the number of completely unvaccinated kids, then kids with peanut allergies are getting vaccinated.

I've seen other estimates for peanut allergies as high as 1.4%, which just makes the case even stronger.
#66 of 309 Old 03-18-2013, 07:20 AM

Wrong.

First, it has been suggested that exposure to one vaccination is needed to start the peanut allergy. If that's the case, then completely unvaxed and peanut allergic are mutually exclusive.

Second, even if exposure to a vaccine is not needed to trigger the allergy, there can be those that have received at least one vaccine (which may or may not have had a peanut growth medium), and are no longer (for whatever reason) be receiving vaccinations. The. 3% is not necessarily a subset of the. .4-.6%, as you are assuming.

Edited to add : The two sets may or may not intersect. There is insufficient information to make that determination, however.

Edited, again, to add : The two sets may, in fact, be mutually exclusive. Given the small sizes, it is very likely that they are mutually exclusive. More likely than intersecting.

And by the way, this was posted from my phone, as are *all* my posts.
#67 of 309 Old 03-18-2013, 08:56 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Quote:

Okay, so if peanut oil or some peanut derivative is in vaccines and it's sensitizing some kids, therefore causing peanut allergies, then how come kids who have peanut allergies can receive further vaccines without uniformly going into anaphylaxis? headscratch.gif

The point is that peanut oil derivatives are/were in SOME vaccines.  Nobody ever said that they were in all vaccines.  We don't know WHICH vaccines they were in, or even whether they are now in any vaccines, because the manufacturer is not required to list it as an ingredient.

Obviously, if a child receives a vaccine that contains a peanut oil derivative, develops a life-threatening allergy to peanuts, and then, two years later, receives a vaccine that does not contain a peanut oil derivative, that child is not likely to go into anaphylaxis from that vaccine.

applejuice likes this.
#68 of 309 Old 03-18-2013, 08:59 AM

Quote:

Otherwise what's the point of posting here at all?.... 

I couldn't resist poking a little fun at pek's ridiculous post, 

This says it all.  Thanks for the clarification.  Nice to know you are treating pek with respect.  

Oh, wait, that's right, you were--and still are--mocking and belittling her.

Where are the mods????

applejuice likes this.
#69 of 309 Old 03-18-2013, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pek64 View Post

Wrong.

First, it has been suggested that exposure to one vaccination is needed to start the peanut allergy. If that's the case, then completely unvaxed and peanut allergic are mutually exclusive.

Second, even if exposure to a vaccine is not needed to trigger the allergy, there can be those that have received at least one vaccine (which may or may not have had a peanut growth medium), and are no longer (for whatever reason) be receiving vaccinations. The. 3% is not necessarily a subset of the. .4-.6%, as you are assuming.

Edited to add : The two sets may or may not intersect. There is insufficient information to make that determination, however.

Edited, again, to add : The two sets may, in fact, be mutually exclusive. Given the small sizes, it is very likely that they are mutually exclusive. More likely than intersecting.

And by the way, this was posted from my phone, as are *all* my posts.
If they're mutually exclusive that just makes it stronger evidence that kids with peanut allergies are getting vaccinated, pek.
#70 of 309 Old 03-18-2013, 01:48 PM

For ease if typing, I am going to use whole numbers to demonstrate my point.

.3% is 3 in 1,000
.4% is 4 in 1,000
.6% is 6 in 1,000 and
1.4% is 14 in 1,000

For this hypothetical situation, there is a population of 1,000.
4 to 6 or 14 members are allergic to peanuts.
3 members have received 0 vaccinations.
1 member has received only 1 vaccination.
I could stop here. We have reached 4 members of the population, and all could be peanut allergic. It is equally possible that the one vaccinated member became allergic because of being exposed to peanut in the vaccination. Any reaction that occurred may or may not have been attributed to the vaccination.

Let's continue.
0 members received only 2 vaccinations.
2 members received only 3 vaccinations.
We have now reached 6 members of the population. Even if we assume all the rest are fully vaxed (which is unlikely), and these are all the ones allergic to peanuts, we have proven NOTHING.

Remember, we do not KNOW which vaccines are grown using peanut BECAUSE IT IS NO LONGER DOCUMENTED.

Also, even if there is some no overlap of the two groups, shock occurs because of a histamine response in the mouth, nose and throat, caused by eating or breathing the allergen, causing the airway to swell shut. What would happen to the allergen being injected? A histamine response at the site and the area where the allergen is being spread. In other words, SWELLING AT THE VACCINATION SITE. Not shock.
#71 of 309 Old 03-18-2013, 01:51 PM

Pek you asked for documentation people with peanut allergies get vaccinated. You got it. End of story. What in the world are you talking about now?
#72 of 309 Old 03-18-2013, 01:53 PM

Where is the documentation that they don't have to say if they use peanut oil or not?
#73 of 309 Old 03-18-2013, 02:15 PM

This is the post that started our discussion about peanut allergies and vaccinated people, Rrrrrachel.

Quote:

That sure is convenient that so many peanut-allergic kids, from this population that is frequently *so* allergic that they can go into full-blown anaphylactic shock from an exposure as mild as (for example) eating a sugar cookie that was briefly placed on top of a peanut butter cookie, somehow don't have any reaction or no particularly strong reaction to vaccines even when they were sensitized by vaccines. If peanut-allergic kids, as a group, reacted to vaccines at even a tenth of the rate that they react to peanuts/peanut derivatives/food that briefly contacted peanuts, then you'd really think we'd hear more about it. What with there being so many kids who are allergic to peanuts, most of whom are presumably still vaccinated regularly. 

In addition, the link you provided ESTIMATED the percentage of unvaxed at 3 out of a thousand. If it is 4, then you have no point.

All of this is interesting, but I haven't been feeling well, and need to move on to other things.
#74 of 309 Old 03-18-2013, 02:22 PM

So you've been insisting the two groups didn't overlap, but now you're saying they do?
#75 of 309 Old 03-18-2013, 02:26 PM

Quote:

Pek you asked for documentation people with peanut allergies get vaccinated. You got it. End of story. What in the world are you talking about now?

I did not see any such documentation.   Would you mind reposting it, if you actually did post it?

applejuice likes this.
#76 of 309 Old 03-18-2013, 02:30 PM

Quote:

Where is the documentation that they don't have to say if they use peanut oil or not?

The vaccine manufacturers don't have to declare peanut derivatives or any other food prodcut since vaccines are not a food.  They are not required to disclose all the ingredients of vaccines, nor ingredients used in processing but considered inactive, because these are considered trade secrets.

#77 of 309 Old 03-18-2013, 02:38 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirzam View Post

Again, eating a food substance won't cause anaphlactic shock. YOU HAVE TO HAVE BEEN SENSITIZED THROUGH INJECTION FIRST. Yes, I am shouting in exasperation. duh.gif

If this is the case how do you explain how children who have never been vaccinated having peanut allergies.

#78 of 309 Old 03-18-2013, 02:39 PM

Quote:

So you've been insisting the two groups didn't overlap, but now you're saying they do?

Rrrrachel, is English your first language?   Perhaps there is communication difficulty here?  I thought Pek64 was very clear in stating that,

Quote:

Originally Posted by pek64 View Post

applejuice likes this.
#79 of 309 Old 03-18-2013, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCMoulton View Post

If this is the case how do you explain how children who have never been vaccinated having peanut allergies.

I don't think she's saying that only people who have been vaccinated have food allergies.  I think she was making the point that some children develop peanut allergies and other food allergies because of vaccines, and was trying to explain how vaccines were the initial trigger in THOSE PARTICULAR CASES, not in every case.

I gotta say, none of the unvaxed kids I know have food allergies at all, but that doesn't prove that vaccines are the only cause of food allergies, or that unvaxed kids can't have food allergies, etc.

applejuice and BeckyBird like this.
#80 of 309 Old 03-18-2013, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taximom5 View Post

The vaccine manufacturers don't have to declare peanut derivatives or any other food prodcut since vaccines are not a food.  They are not required to disclose all the ingredients of vaccines, nor ingredients used in processing but considered inactive, because these are considered trade secrets.

Could you please document that. The ingredients listed on the CDC web page are quite extensive and include food products such as egg protein.
#81 of 309 Old 03-18-2013, 02:51 PM

Quote:

I did not see any such documentation.   Would you mind reposting it, if you actually did post it?

There are more children with peanut allergies than there are unvaccinated children. Therefore anywhere from 33% to 75% of children with peanut allergies are getting vaccines, at a bare minimum and assuming every single unvaccinated child has a peanut allergy.
#82 of 309 Old 03-18-2013, 03:25 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Quote:

I don't think she's saying that only people who have been vaccinated have food allergies.  I think she was making the point that some children develop peanut allergies and other food allergies because of vaccines, and was trying to explain how vaccines were the initial trigger in THOSE PARTICULAR CASES, not in every case.

While she may have meant what you said her post states quite differently. Mirzam clearly states that you have to be sensitized by a vaccine first:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirzam 

Again, eating a food substance won't cause anaphlactic shock. YOU HAVE TO HAVE BEEN SENSITIZED THROUGH INJECTION FIRST. Yes, I am shouting in exasperation. 

applejuice likes this.
#83 of 309 Old 03-18-2013, 04:14 PM

Quote:

Could you please document that. The ingredients listed on the CDC web page are quite extensive and include food products such as egg protein.

It doesn't matter how extensive the ingredients list is if they are not required by law to disclose each and every ingredient.  Packaged food items are required to do so.  Vaccines are not.  If you can provide documentation that they ARE so required, by all means, please present that to us.

According to http://www.thefoodallergynetwork.com/relatedconditions.html

"Note that vaccine manufacturers do not have to list “inactive” ingredients on the package insert. So all the various kinds of oils (peanut oil is one of them) used in vaccine adjuvants and all the various foods used in the culture medium (eggs, wheat, beef) are a protected trade secret. This means you can have various undisclosed food ingredients in a vaccine together with the components that are intended to trigger an amplified immune response... a recipe for an immune disaster."

and

"Believe it or not, you have no right to know the ingredients in your vaccines, as it's a protected business secret."

applejuice likes this.
#84 of 309 Old 03-18-2013, 04:18 PM

Except food ingredients are listed. What is the law that says they're not required to list food ingredients?
#85 of 309 Old 03-18-2013, 04:25 PM

The CDC page that gives information on ingredients specifically states that it includes inactive ingredients and ingredients in the growth medium.

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/additives.htm

The entry for each vaccine includes a long list of inactive ingredients.

Also, if peanut oil is used it is not used as a adjuvant the only adjuvant licensed in the us is aluminum salts.
#86 of 309 Old 03-18-2013, 04:32 PM

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCMoulton View Post

Quote:

While she may have meant what you said her post states quite differently. Mirzam clearly states that you have to be sensitized by a vaccine first:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirzam 

Again, eating a food substance won't cause anaphlactic shock. YOU HAVE TO HAVE BEEN SENSITIZED THROUGH INJECTION FIRST. Yes, I am shouting in exasperation. 

Actually I said injection. We have no way of knowing which vaccines or vaccine lots have peanut oils in them because the manufacturers do not have to disclose this information if it is considered proprietary.

Humanity is a species endangered by its beliefs, and most of all, its religious illusion of superiority.. ~ John Lamb Lash
#87 of 309 Old 03-18-2013, 04:45 PM

It's remarkably easy to find out if and which vaccines contain peanut oil/protein. Any of these organizations like nvic or vean could do it. They'd have a smoking gun and a huge headline. Why haven't they done it?
#88 of 309 Old 03-18-2013, 06:42 PM

This is very strange to me. I begin by saying that I am anti vaccines and I have a 7 year old DD who did not get a single vaccine until the age of 4, and then  got selective vaccines only. My DD has a cousin who is a year and a half younger, his parents are very PRO vaccines and he got every shot required by doctors from the day one of his life. At the age of 3 they have discovered he is extremely allergic to all kinds of nuts ( especially pine nuts), cats, dogs, and pretty much everything and anything out there ( flowers, dust, etc. ) - my point is- they kept vaccinating him- if the peanut oil IS in fact in vaccines- wouldn't he react immediately? I mean this kids allergy is SO bad that even if I ate peanuts in a morning and gave him a kiss that same day in the evening he would react! I would agree that vaccines play a huge role in making our kids sicker as a nation- and their immune systems compromised- but this whole peanut oil in vaccines seems like a stretch to me...

#89 of 309 Old 03-18-2013, 07:22 PM

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)

You don't even need to have peanut oil in a vaccine to get a peanut allergy. Vaccines are known to cause vascular permeability that can create a leaky gut which results in undigested proteins crossing the GI tract into the blood stream. With each vaccine instigated immune storm if there was some undigested protein in the blood at the time, it could seen as an invader and a memory cell response would be mounted to against it. Get a vaccine, eat a peanut butter sandwich, get a peanut allergy. In the case of babies, mom has a leaky gut, eats some peanuts, nurses baby who also has a leaky gut and has peanut protein in blood, baby gets a vaccine, baby gets a peanut allergy. 

applejuice and BeckyBird like this.

Humanity is a species endangered by its beliefs, and most of all, its religious illusion of superiority.. ~ John Lamb Lash
#90 of 309 Old 03-18-2013, 07:48 PM

Quote:

Except food ingredients are listed. What is the law that says they're not required to list food ingredients?

You're asking if there is a law about a LACK of requirement?

You're joking, right?

Maybe you should be asking about the law saying that vaccine manufacturers are not required to do sing a rousing chorus of "I dreamed a dream" and then do a triple backflip before selling vaccines?  Or what about the law saying that vaccine manufacturers are not required to list what they were wearing the day they signed the contract with their vendors?

IN CASE ANYONE THINKS THAT RRRRRACHEL IS SERIOUS, THERE ARE NO LAWS STATING THAT COMPANIES ARE NOT REQUIRED TO DO_________ .  THERE ARE, HOWEVER, LAWS STATING WHAT THEY ARE REQUIRED TO DO.  PUBLISHING A LIST OF EVERY INGREDIENT USED IN PRODUCTION OF VACCINES IS NOT ONE OF THOSE LAWS.

Mirzam, applejuice and BeckyBird like this.

Tags
Allergies , Vaccinations , Vaccines

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page