Peanut oil in Vaccines causing massive peanut allergy? - Page 9 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#241 of 309 Old 04-03-2013, 06:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think the hygiene hypothesis is more about keeping or houses clean, not keeping livestock, etc. vaccines protect children from a handful of the hundreds of viruses they can get in childhood.
#242 of 309 Old 04-03-2013, 06:43 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post

I think the hygiene hypothesis is more about keeping or houses clean, not keeping livestock, etc. vaccines protect children from a handful of the hundreds of viruses they can get in childhood.

Then you would be wrong. Google is your friend in this instance.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#243 of 309 Old 04-03-2013, 07:54 AM

What google tells me is that it's a lack of exposure to infectious agents, parasites, and various symbiotic organisms. It says nothing about vaccines. What common sense tells me is that there are literally hundreds if not thousands of pathogens children are exposed to. Vaccines account for a tiny fraction of them. Not to mention, vaccines don't prevent exposure and an immune response, just full blown illness.
#244 of 309 Old 04-03-2013, 08:10 AM

Oh look here's dr offit talking about it. You're welcome.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2003/03/030304072832.htm
Quote:
However, adds Dr. Offit, the hygiene hypothesis does not fit vaccine-related diseases. Vaccines do not prevent most common childhood infections, such as upper and lower respiratory tract infections, that form the basis of the hygiene hypothesis. On the other hand, vaccine-preventable infectious diseases such as measles, mumps and whooping cough are easily transmitted regardless of home hygiene.
#245 of 309 Old 04-03-2013, 08:16 AM

Quote:

What google tells me is that it's a lack of exposure to infectious agents, parasites, and various symbiotic organisms. It says nothing about vaccines. What common sense tells me is that there are literally hundreds if not thousands of pathogens children are exposed to. Vaccines account for a tiny fraction of them. Not to mention, vaccines don't prevent exposure and an immune response, just full blown illness.

Right, nothing to do with keeping a clean house and no livestock indoors. Oh, on that point, check out the info on kids growing up with dogs and how that affects allergies and asthma. Rrrrrachel, you look at things in such a black and white way when it comes to vaccines, ie they are good, no matter what the consequences are for some. Think about bacterial vaccines and how they might affect the body's biota, for example sero replacement with regards to Hib, Prevar, even pertussis (parapertussis?). Microbes (life) will always fill a vaccum. Then there is the research on the benefits of childhood diseases, the research on measles asthma and allergies (Shaheen et al 1996) for example. Nothing is cut and dried. But assuming Nature and the body have no innate wisdom and so-called pathogens are always bad and sickness is to be avoided at all costs, will elicit a price. That price appears to be a sky-rocketing of chronic disease where there was little before. Before you start saying but children were dying of infectious disease in droves prior to vaccines, how do you know that that would be the case in this day and age (in the developed world), of effective, santitation, and general well-nourishment?

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#246 of 309 Old 04-03-2013, 08:21 AM

Quote:

Oh look here's dr offit talking about it. You're welcome.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2003/03/030304072832.htm
Quote:
However, adds Dr. Offit, the hygiene hypothesis does not fit vaccine-related diseases. Vaccines do not prevent most common childhood infections, such as upper and lower respiratory tract infections, that form the basis of the hygiene hypothesis. On the other hand, vaccine-preventable infectious diseases such as measles, mumps and whooping cough are easily transmitted regardless of home hygiene.

Way to google! Dr Offit appears not to really understand what the hygiene hypothesis is either. Not surprised.

#247 of 309 Old 04-03-2013, 08:52 AM

Sorry, I didn't mean livestock in doors, I just meant livestock in general. I've read a lot of articles (although not lately) about kids growing up on farms being less prone to allergies. Same for household pets.

That's an interesting point about how bacterial vaccines affect the body. I'll have to look into that. My guess is even if there's a temporary impact the body recovers. I tend to be of the "what you do everyday matters more than what you do occasionally" mindset though.

Between you and offit, I'm stickin with offit. I'm sure you understand. I'm wondering if you can find any mainstream sources that link vaccines with the hygiene hypothesis? Maybe that's a stupid question and you can find droves.
#248 of 309 Old 04-03-2013, 09:05 AM

Quote:

Between you and offit, I'm stickin with offit. I'm sure you understand. I'm wondering if you can find any mainstream sources that link vaccines with the hygiene hypothesis? Maybe that's a stupid question and you can find droves.

As is your proogative. 

I am not about to go searching for information that will satisfy your beliefs and critieria. That is your job, if you are so motivated. I am secure in my understanding of health and healing (still learning everyday though) and in my personal reality and how it is demonstrated in my life, and in the lives of my children and husband. 

#249 of 309 Old 04-03-2013, 09:15 AM

Sure. Maybe if you're going to make snarky comments about how I'm wrong and need to google you could either understand that reasonable people can look at the same information and disagree, or be prepared to provide some information to back up your claims.
#250 of 309 Old 04-03-2013, 09:16 AM

Quote:

Sure. Maybe if you're going to make snarky comments about how I'm wrong and need to google you could either understand that reasonable people can look at the same information and disagree, or be prepared to provide some information to back up your claims.

You don't like being "wrong" do you.

Have a nice day.

#251 of 309 Old 04-03-2013, 09:35 AM

Of course I don't, but I especially don't like being told I'm wrong over and over without any actual documentation that I AM wrong.
#252 of 309 Old 04-03-2013, 02:15 PM

Quoted: 78 Post(s)

This is speculative on my part:

I am wonder ring if we have less variety of virus kicking around now than say 100 years ago.  

People do get viruses - but a lot of them seem to be colds.  Occasionally a cold turns into a secondary infection, ear, lung, throat …but that is it.

So it might not just be the number of viruses kicking around, but the variety of viruses.

This study (which is not about vaccines - but is about allergies and the hygiene hypothesis) did show that it was the variety of micro-organism that played a part in with kids got asthma and allergies.  As we know viruses do a play a role in the hygiene hypothesis, I wonder if the variety of them plays a role as well?

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1007302

Op, or anyone else - it if you are still discussing the possible peanut-oil vaccine connection let me know, and I will back off posting on the hygiene hypothesis on this thread.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#253 of 309 Old 04-03-2013, 03:25 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)

Well, Kathy, it looks like the pharmaceutical industry is developing vaccines for the common cold: http://bmb.oxfordjournals.org/content/62/1/99.full

At first I thought that there actually is one: http://www.quantummansite.com/catalog/commoncold.php

But on closer inspection,  that HAS to be a joke.

#254 of 309 Old 04-03-2013, 03:32 PM

Why would there be less viruses around than before?
#255 of 309 Old 04-03-2013, 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathymuggle View Post
Because trigger in susceptible individuals is not the same as cause.  If peanut oil  in vaccines triggers a peanut allergies in 1% of people that is something I want to know.  If it triggers it in a different amount - I want to know what the amount is.  I need these numbers for proper risk assessment.   Clearly peanut oil (if it is in vaccines) does not equal peanut allergies, or most people would have peanut allergies.  

Fair enough. I haven't seen anything even remotely convincing in this thread though to make it sound like there is any peanut oil in vaccines. 

The only caveat (and I know little about allergies) I have is if it takes less of an ingredient to sensitize a person to an allergen than to cause a reaction.  Ex:  if it takes 5 ml of xyz to sensitize, but 10ml to cause a reaction, then if a vaccine has 7ml, it might sensitize a person to an allergen even if subsequent vaccinations do cause  reactions.  

Maybe this is the case in some instances, but I keep hearing about these kids who are so sensitive to peanuts that they could (say) eat a chocolate chip cookie that was on a plate where a peanut butter cookie had previously sat and they would have an anaphylactic reaction. You'd think that if there were any traces of peanut oil in vaccines, these kids would react every time. So has anyone ever heard of a case of this? Or know a severely peanut-allergic child who is fully vaxed and hasn't reacted? 

WOHM to a girl jog.gif (6-11) and a new baby boy stork-boy.gif (2-14) and adjusting to the full-time life and husband being a SAHD. 
#256 of 309 Old 04-03-2013, 03:59 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by erigeron View Post

Maybe this is the case in some instances, but I keep hearing about these kids who are so sensitive to peanuts that they could (say) eat a chocolate chip cookie that was on a plate where a peanut butter cookie had previously sat and they would have an anaphylactic reaction. You'd think that if there were any traces of peanut oil in vaccines, these kids would react every time. So has anyone ever heard of a case of this? Or know a severely peanut-allergic child who is fully vaxed and hasn't reacted? 

For this reason, I suspect that a peanut oil derivative WAS used without ever having been listed--but at some point was quietly taken out of service.

id be interested to know if new diagnoses  peanut allergies are falling?  I wouldn't expect peanut allergies to disappear, because those who are allergic might be passing that allergy on to their children.  But it would be VERY interesting if allergy rates in the last couple of years have fallen....

#257 of 309 Old 04-03-2013, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erigeron View Post

I'm sure I've already posted this, but here it is, now.

Anaphylactic shock is caused when the airway swells shut as a result of accumulation of histamine in the area, because the allergen is present (eaten or inhaled). If that allergen is injected in an arm, leg or backside, the location of the allergen, and therefore histamine response, would be the location of the injection. In other words, the "normal" swelling of the injection site.

So, no allergen in airway, no suffocation. And swelling of the vaccination site is "normal", hence the allergic would not stand out and be indentified.
#258 of 309 Old 04-03-2013, 06:00 PM

Then why DO some people have an anaphylactic reaction after vaccination?
#259 of 309 Old 04-03-2013, 06:07 PM

And I'm not sure that characterization of anaphylaxis is correct based on some other things I'm reading. Do you have any verification for that?
#260 of 309 Old 04-03-2013, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenbat View Post

You spent pages stating ALL adjuvants were aluminum in the US.

You spent post after post saying there were not adjuvant in flu vaccine. Both statements are incorrect. Since you read, now you know.

http://www.immunizationinfo.org/issues/vaccine-components/aluminum-adjuvants-vaccines   this gives a nice way to look up all not just flu vaccines

Inactivated Polio Virus (IPV) vaccine, measles, mumps and rubella vaccine (MMR), varicella vaccineand influenza vaccines do not contain aluminum salts.

MF59 has been used in licensed influenza vaccine (Fluad) with good safety in more than 20 countries since 1997 [131,132].  

MF59 (a sqalene based adjuvant) has been used in flu vaccines in more than 20 countries, true.  However, the US is not one of those countries.  We have it here in Canada,but the US does not use an adjuvant in any of it's flu vaccines.

IPV, measles, and the rest of the list in black do not contain any adjuvants (in the US.. again, flu vaccine does in other countries). 

The only vax on your "page 38" list that is used in the US is Ceravix which uses ASO4.  I'm a little confused on that being listed as a non-aluminum adjuvant as it is aluminum hydroxide plus a lipid.  Perhaps it is the addition of the lipid that makes it something different since it is not just the aluminum.  Perhaps in that case it is no longer entirely accurate to say only aluminum salts and gels are used in the US, but since it was only licensed a few years ago, not everything may be caught up on that.  Or perhaps it is still considered an aluminum salt/gel even with the lipid? 

From the link you posted above:

Quote:
Aluminum salts have frequently been incorporated as adjuvants in vaccines licensed for use in the United States and elsewhere.

There are other adjuvants incorporated in vaccines licensed in other countries and there are other adjuvants used in other medications (which are not vaccines) that have been licensed in the United States. It is likely that other adjuvants will be incorporated in a number of new vaccines currently being tested for use in the United States.

Which seems to be agreeing that other adjuvants are used other places and in other things, but in the US its just aluminum for vaccines.. for now. 

I can't remember if anyone has posted it yet or not, but the CDC faq on adjuvants spells it out pretty clearly: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/concerns/adjuvants.html

I don't think the argument that peanut if peanut oil in vaccines was causing peanut allergy that we would be seeing a lot more of it is a great one since it could just cause them in individuals predisposed to allergies or something. 

However, while it appears that peanut oil was tested as an adjuvant at one point a long time ago, I do not see anything indicating that it has been used in vaccines since then or that it is being used today.  Nor have I seen any evidence of a connection between vaccines and peanut allergies.  It all seems pretty far-fetched.  

#261 of 309 Old 04-03-2013, 06:35 PM

Quote:

And I'm not sure that characterization of anaphylaxis is correct based on some other things I'm reading. Do you have any verification for that?

What are you reading?
#262 of 309 Old 04-03-2013, 06:38 PM

This, for example.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/anaphylaxis/DS00009

It sure sounds like its a lot more than some swelling due to contact with the allergen. It sounds much more systemic.
#263 of 309 Old 04-03-2013, 07:15 PM

"An anaphylactic reaction is caused by the sudden release of chemical substances, including histamine, from cells in the blood and tissues. These cells are mast cells and basophils.

The release is triggered by the reaction between the allergic antibody (IgE) with the substance (allergen) causing the anaphylactic reaction."

This is a quote from http://www.allergy.org.nz/Allergy+help/A-Z+Allergies/Anaphylaxis.html

Note, the allergen is present to start the reaction. Should the substance get into the bloodstream before being surrounded by white blood cells, then the circulatory system is at risk. This causes changes in blood pressure. If the allergen reaches the heart, then it can cause the heart to stop. I cannot find backing for that on the Internet, but as a person allergic to bee stings, I had that drilled into my head as a child by doctors. So if I'm stung, and there is swelling going in the direction of the heart, I need immediate attention. .
#264 of 309 Old 04-03-2013, 07:29 PM

This just doesn't make sense. People who have egg allergies have anaphylactic reactions to vaccines. It happens very rarely but it happens. People with severe peanut allergies can get anaphylaxis from topical contact. It's not just swelling at the point you come into contact with the allergen. This is an odd claim.

So something that is consumed, like a peanut butter sandwich, gets into the bloodstream and causes anaphylaxis more quickly and frequently than something's that's injected, like a vaccine?
#265 of 309 Old 04-03-2013, 07:30 PM

And how is a substance going to get surrounded by white blood cells before it gets to the bloodstream?

http://www.worldallergy.org/public/allergic_diseases_center/anaphylaxis/anaphylaxis.php
Quote:
Anaphylaxis is an acute, life-threatening hypersensitivity reaction, involving the whole body, which is usually brought on by something eaten or injected.
#266 of 309 Old 04-04-2013, 01:09 AM

Quote:

His conviction was overturned on a technicality.

The judge who overturned his conviction said, “Because of that I think it does cast doubt on the entire trial,” Lawson held. “I don't know how you can maintain public trust in a system of justice if you let stand a conviction obtained through reliance on an autopsy that is later so thoroughly discredited."

#267 of 309 Old 04-04-2013, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieWojo View Post

The judge who overturned his conviction said, “Because of that I think it does cast doubt on the entire trial,” Lawson held. “I don't know how you can maintain public trust in a system of justice if you let stand a conviction obtained through reliance on an autopsy that is later so thoroughly discredited."

Source: http://www.aapsonline.org/nod/newsofday85.htm

#268 of 309 Old 04-04-2013, 04:12 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)

So let's see, there are oil - water emulsion adjuvant in veterinary vaccines, meaning our food chain, in the chicken who produces the flu vaccine egg- oh we don't get to know that! Peanuts are fed to animals, chickens too, it's used as a vehicle for vaccines delivery in chickens. We had the pesky issues with Anthrax vaccine and Gulf War Syndrome and all that denial with that mess. We have an oil-water emulsion adjuvant with Crevarix, we just had approval for H5N1, oil-water emulsion adjuvant was used in the Canadian flu vac, used in European vaccines. We do have food allergies, 8 foods produce 90% of all food allergies, 4 out 100 children are allergic to peanuts, but that must be like autism - better detection. Peanut allergies now in other countries and growing. 

Well, no past history of denial by the government, no real increase in children, so everything is just fine - no peanut oil in our systems! winky.gif

pro-transparency advocate

&

lurk.gif  PROUD member of the .3% club!

Want to join? Just ask me!

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

#269 of 309 Old 04-04-2013, 04:23 AM

The H5n1 vaccine has not been approved for use in the is yet.
#270 of 309 Old 04-04-2013, 04:42 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)

http://www.gsk.com/media/press-releases/2013/Regulatory-update-GlaxoSmithKline-receives-complete-response-from-FDA-for-candidate-pandemic-H5N1-adjuvanted-influenza-vaccine.html

if you think a mere administrative matter is going to stop it - dream on.

A Complete Response letter is issued by FDA when a Prescription Drug User Fee Act (PDUFA) action date nears and additional review time is needed prior to approval. In this case, the Complete Response letter was triggered due to an administrative matter that has recently been rectified.

pro-transparency advocate

&

lurk.gif  PROUD member of the .3% club!

Want to join? Just ask me!

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

Tags
Allergies , Vaccinations , Vaccines

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page