30 Years of Secret Official Transcripts Show UK Government Experts Cover Up Vaccine Hazards - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
#1 of 17 Old 02-27-2013, 08:06 PM - Thread Starter
 
MissCee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 83
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Link: http://childhealthsafety.wordpress.com/2012/03/14/government-experts-cover-up-vaccine-hazards/

 

Link to Transcripts: http://www.ecomed.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/3-tomljenovic.pdf

prettysymmetry likes this.

Cecillia | 22 | Love Jesus | Happily Married | WTT #2: 2015

Breastfeeding, Babywearing, Gentle Parenting crunchy momma to an unvaxxed intact sweet boy.

novaxnocirc.gif goorganic.jpg

 

 

MissCee is offline  
#2 of 17 Old 02-27-2013, 08:14 PM
 
Rrrrrachel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I feel like we already went through this once.
Rrrrrachel is offline  
#3 of 17 Old 02-27-2013, 08:29 PM - Thread Starter
 
MissCee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 83
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ah . .sorry if you did! Although I signed up for this site in 2011, I only started posting in it recently so I wasn't aware that this information had already been shared :-)


Cecillia | 22 | Love Jesus | Happily Married | WTT #2: 2015

Breastfeeding, Babywearing, Gentle Parenting crunchy momma to an unvaxxed intact sweet boy.

novaxnocirc.gif goorganic.jpg

 

 

MissCee is offline  
#4 of 17 Old 02-27-2013, 11:24 PM
 
Jennyanydots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,380
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for posting this! If its been shared before, I must've missed it. Better to err on the side of too much info here, I think smile.gif
Marnica and MissCee like this.

chicken3.gif mama to two teens and two tots partners.gif madly in love with DP guitar.gif

Jennyanydots is offline  
#5 of 17 Old 02-28-2013, 11:58 AM
 
prosciencemum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,736
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
It's not really direct transcripts - it's an opinion piece by Tomeljvic in which she quotes excerpts from transcripts which she has picked out to make her point.

I'm really curious if she genuinely believes this stuff, and/or what her agenda is.

Mother of two living in UK. Daughter (2007) born in USA, son (2010) born here. I'm pro natural birth, midwife care, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby wearing and a keen advocate of cloth diapering. I'm a full time working research scientist (physical sciences) and I'm pro-vaccine.

prosciencemum is online now  
#6 of 17 Old 02-28-2013, 12:16 PM
 
Marnica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,585
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Perhaps it has been posted before and we have "been through this before" but I could make that argument for practically everything discussed here. How many times has the vaccination/autism link been hashed out for instance?  My point to MissCee - no need to apologize for posting information some people may not be familiar with. If a person feels  - been there done that already -  in regards to a topic - they certainly don't have to make any comment at all and let the rest of us have at it. 

emmy526, Jennyanydots and MissCee like this.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Marnica is offline  
#7 of 17 Old 02-28-2013, 12:22 PM
 
Marnica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,585
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by prosciencemum View Post

It's not really direct transcripts - it's an opinion piece by Tomeljvic in which she quotes excerpts from transcripts which she has picked out to make her point.

I'm really curious if she genuinely believes this stuff, and/or what her agenda is.

headscratch.gif right because people routinely write and speak about unpopular, non-mainstream views of extremely controversial subjects when they do not believe in them.  You know in the paper in the link there is an email address. Why don't you email her and ask her what her agenda is. 

 

Personally I plan on (when I have more time) to click on the links to the actual transcripts and read them for myself. 

MissCee and Taximom5 like this.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Marnica is offline  
#8 of 17 Old 02-28-2013, 01:01 PM
 
Rrrrrachel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I wasn't criticizing posting the link, just saying I thought it had been discussed before. No need to be touchy.

Tomljenovic does data and quote mining and that's about it. I'd like to see her do some actual research.
Rrrrrachel is offline  
#9 of 17 Old 02-28-2013, 09:05 PM - Thread Starter
 
MissCee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 83
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post

I wasn't criticizing posting the link, just saying I thought it had been discussed before. No need to be touchy.

Tomljenovic does data and quote mining and that's about it. I'd like to see her do some actual research.

What about the study she was involved in with regards to the safety and efficacy of the HPV vaccine?

 

http://www.straight.com/life/ubc-researchers-advocate-hpv-vaccine-scrutiny

 

http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/23009980/2072344030/name/vacc+hpv+2013+British+Columbia.pdf

 

Or the studies she was involved with with regards to aluminum toxicity?

 

http://lup.sagepub.com/content/21/2/223

 

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0162013411002212

 

“The correlation between Al [aluminum] and ASD [Autism Spectrum Disorders] may be causal. Because children represent a fraction of the population most at risk for complications following exposure to Al, a more rigorous evaluation of Al adjuvant safety seems warranted.”

 

http://news.yahoo.com/aluminum-adjuvant-vaccines-causes-risk-children-according-journal-080422429.html


Cecillia | 22 | Love Jesus | Happily Married | WTT #2: 2015

Breastfeeding, Babywearing, Gentle Parenting crunchy momma to an unvaxxed intact sweet boy.

novaxnocirc.gif goorganic.jpg

 

 

MissCee is offline  
#10 of 17 Old 03-01-2013, 01:51 AM
 
prosciencemum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,736
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCee View Post

What about the study she was involved in with regards to the safety and efficacy of the HPV vaccine?

 

 

 

Or the studies she was involved with with regards to aluminum toxicity?

 

 

 

The first is a systemic review of other studies looking at the safety and effectiveness of HPV. That's not a problem in itself, but can lead to bias being introduced if not done properly, and it's not the same as designing a proper sample to answer a question.

 

The second uses data on autism trends from the USA and other countries and compares it to "estimates of the aluminium" content of pre-school vaccines. 


Mother of two living in UK. Daughter (2007) born in USA, son (2010) born here. I'm pro natural birth, midwife care, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby wearing and a keen advocate of cloth diapering. I'm a full time working research scientist (physical sciences) and I'm pro-vaccine.

prosciencemum is online now  
#11 of 17 Old 03-01-2013, 01:56 AM
 
prosciencemum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,736
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marnica View Post

headscratch.gif right because people routinely write and speak about unpopular, non-mainstream views of extremely controversial subjects when they do not believe in them.  You know in the paper in the link there is an email address. Why don't you email her and ask her what her agenda is. 

 

Personally I plan on (when I have more time) to click on the links to the actual transcripts and read them for myself. 

 

I know - that's why I'm curious of her motivations. Because she states in many places she not anti-vax and she lets the data speak, but then the data always results in confirming anti-vaccination beliefs. I'm not saying all vaccines are safe and effective to the levels the pharmaceutical companies would like to claim. But I cannot believe they're all junk either  - and that's what makes it seem suspicious to me. If she ever publishes anything which finds a null result of a link between vaccines and one of these many illness which are claimed by some to have a link to them, then maybe I'll stop being quite so suspicious.... 

 

I suspect she gets a lot of emails - some not very nice. I see some of the nastiness on other locations which go into this debate (from both sides). So I doubt she'd answer my question honestly via email. But I could dig a bit and see if I can find interviews with her anywhere. Thanks for the suggestion though - I had not noticed she published her email address. Very brave of her. 


Mother of two living in UK. Daughter (2007) born in USA, son (2010) born here. I'm pro natural birth, midwife care, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby wearing and a keen advocate of cloth diapering. I'm a full time working research scientist (physical sciences) and I'm pro-vaccine.

prosciencemum is online now  
#12 of 17 Old 03-01-2013, 04:35 AM
 
Rrrrrachel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Misscee those weren't studies in the sense that I mean. She took existing data and ran multiple statistical tests on it.
Rrrrrachel is offline  
#13 of 17 Old 03-01-2013, 09:13 AM
 
Marnica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,585
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by prosciencemum View Post

 

I know - that's why I'm curious of her motivations. Because she states in many places she not anti-vax and she lets the data speak, but then the data always results in confirming anti-vaccination beliefs. I'm not saying all vaccines are safe and effective to the levels the pharmaceutical companies would like to claim. But I cannot believe they're all junk either  - and that's what makes it seem suspicious to me. If she ever publishes anything which finds a null result of a link between vaccines and one of these many illness which are claimed by some to have a link to them, then maybe I'll stop being quite so suspicious.... 

 

I suspect she gets a lot of emails - some not very nice. I see some of the nastiness on other locations which go into this debate (from both sides). So I doubt she'd answer my question honestly via email. But I could dig a bit and see if I can find interviews with her anywhere. Thanks for the suggestion though - I had not noticed she published her email address. Very brave of her. 

Unless you are planning on being nasty in your email to her, I can't imagine that she wouldn't try and answer you. 


If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Marnica is offline  
#14 of 17 Old 03-01-2013, 09:18 AM
 
Marnica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,585
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post

I wasn't criticizing posting the link, just saying I thought it had been discussed before. No need to be touchy.

Tomljenovic does data and quote mining and that's about it. I'd like to see her do some actual research.

Actually I wasn't being touchy. I just don't understand why you would post something stating that the subject had been brought up before without offering up anything else - no link to previous discussions, nothing to add to the conversation/debate. it just seemed dismissive to me. If it wasn't intended to be well - I guess that's the side effect of trying to interpret another person's intent/tone via the written word. 


If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Marnica is offline  
#15 of 17 Old 03-01-2013, 11:02 AM
 
Rrrrrachel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
How about so the op coul look it up if they wanted? I just can't imagine why you would call me out when it doesn't contribute or add to the conversation except to be touchy. But maybe I'm misinterpreting your tone.
Rrrrrachel is offline  
#16 of 17 Old 03-01-2013, 12:01 PM
 
Marnica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,585
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post

How about so the op coul look it up if they wanted? I just can't imagine why you would call me out when it doesn't contribute or add to the conversation except to be touchy. But maybe I'm misinterpreting your tone.

I  guess you are  namaste.gif


If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Marnica is offline  
#17 of 17 Old 03-02-2013, 01:50 PM
 
prettysymmetry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

thanks for your post! new to mothering b/c i have a new baby!

MissCee likes this.
prettysymmetry is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off