Study: Getting flu shot 2 years in a row may lower protection - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 47 Old 03-03-2013, 12:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mirzam that's not at all an accurate description of my position. I only look vehemently pro vax standing next to y'all.
#32 of 47 Old 03-03-2013, 01:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post

Mirzam that's not at all an accurate description of my position. I only look vehemently pro vax standing next to y'all.

Well, honestly you are certainly more vehemently pro vax than anyone I know IRL that vaccinates their children. I can't say I know anyone that defends vaxes way you do. Maybe I live a sheltered life.

BeckyBird and Jennyanydots like this.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#33 of 47 Old 03-03-2013, 01:44 PM

Again, only because some of the views around here are so extreme and one sided. If someone came around and said every vaccine ever was completely safe and worth getting my response to them would seem pretty anti vaccine.
#34 of 47 Old 03-03-2013, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Again, only because some of the views around here are so extreme and one sided. If someone came around and said every vaccine ever was completely safe and worth getting my response to them would seem pretty anti vaccine.

Really? I was under the impression you vaccinate to schedule, so your child does get every vaccine going and that adverse effects are vanishingly rare. 

BeckyBird likes this.

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#35 of 47 Old 03-03-2013, 02:34 PM

The schedule doesn't include every vaccine. There are vaccines that the risk/benefit doesn't make sense for universal vaccination. I do think SERIOUS (life altering) adverse events are very rare. Vaccination isn't risk free, though. Serious and less serious adverse events can and do happen. As I've said before many times.

My daughter is vaccinated mostly on schedule with a couple of exceptions.
#36 of 47 Old 03-03-2013, 05:45 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
The schedule doesn't include every vaccine. I feel most here know yellow fever (etc) isn't on the US list.There are vaccines that the risk/benefit doesn't make sense for universal vaccination. I do think SERIOUS (life altering) adverse events are very rare. Vaccination isn't risk free, though. Serious and less serious adverse events can and do happen. As I've said before many times.

So technically your child is not up-to-date per the CDC schedule-correct?, clearly not in the eyes of the science (and scientist) behind the CDC recommendations?

I find it so odd when one states  - I'm a true believer in science and evidence based medical care, yes. -yet you choose not to do the recommended vacs and not on schedule- some how I see a big contraction to that statement. 

pro-transparency advocate

&

lurk.gif  PROUD member of the .3% club!

Want to join? Just ask me!

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

#37 of 47 Old 03-03-2013, 05:56 PM

My daughter is currently up to date. Thanks for asking.

The people who write the vaccine schedule have certain priorities. Their main interest is public health. My priorities are a little different. My main interest is the health of my individual child. The fact that we have slightly different primary objectives means we can sometimes look at the same body of evidence and come to slightly different conclusions about what's best.
rachelsmama likes this.
#38 of 47 Old 03-03-2013, 06:59 PM

Quote:

My daughter is currently up to date. Thanks for asking.

The people who write the vaccine schedule have certain priorities. Their main interest is public health. My priorities are a little different. My main interest is the health of my individual child. The fact that we have slightly different primary objectives means we can sometimes look at the same body of evidence and come to slightly different conclusions about what's best.

I don't understand when a pro-vax parent says this and then turns around and rags on non-vax parents for not vaccinating their children and lowering "herd immunity." Non-vax parents are only interested in the health of their child too, yet we constantly get bashed for not looking out for those who can't be vaccinated. I struggle to understand why it's okay for pro-vax parents to say this, but as soon as non-vax parents say it we're seen as selfish.

Marnica likes this.

Cecillia | 22 | Love Jesus | Happily Married | WTT #2: 2015

Breastfeeding, Babywearing, Gentle Parenting crunchy momma to an unvaxxed intact sweet boy.

novaxnocirc.gif goorganic.jpg

#39 of 47 Old 03-03-2013, 07:06 PM

I'm not ragging on anyone. I do think herdimmunity is important and that people who work in public health have good reasons for trying to improve vaccination rates. It's not the reason I have my daughter vaccinated, though. I have her vaccinated to protect HER. The rest is just bonus.
#40 of 47 Old 03-04-2013, 04:45 AM

Quote:
My daughter is currently up to date.

again, how is this possible? 

you are not up-to-date if you are not following the CDC schedule per the CDChttp://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedules/downloads/child/0-18yrs-schedule.pdf

stating "mostly" and "with a couple of exceptions" means your child is not up to date- you can spin it any way you want put clearly you preach one way and do the otherROTFLMAO.gifsay as I do, not as I really do!

Quote:
The people who write the vaccine schedule have certain priorities.

and this "science" you don't buy into?! twins.gif

&

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

#41 of 47 Old 03-04-2013, 05:00 AM

The Cdc schdule is not as strict as it is implied here, nor is it legally binding form of gospel. The CDC does not go around judging whether or not people are "up to date".
#42 of 47 Old 03-04-2013, 05:24 AM

Serenbat she wasn't up to date for some brief periods in her life, but now she is. It's not that complicated. We skipped hep b at birth, but now she's fully vaccinated for hep b. we delayed hep a a few months, but now she's fully vaccinated for that, too.

I'm not "preaching" anything. I've never said everyone should vaccinate strictly by the schedule (which is called RECOMMENDED and not MANDATED for a reason). People have their own circumstances and values they make decisions for their families based on. My only agenda is for people to have accurate information to base those decisions on.
prosciencemum likes this.
#43 of 47 Old 03-04-2013, 06:01 AM

Quote:
The Cdc schdule is not as strict as it is implied here, nor is it legally binding form of gospel. The CDC does not go around judging whether or not people are "up to date".

spin spin spin! up-to-date is just that........ and it means you are up-to-date and have had all that are on the schedule 

saying you are up-to-date but not getting all means you are not! CDC states over and over about the need to be up-to-date for all children and adults- yes the do judge you as not being if in fact you are not - this isn't a difficult concept- either you are or your aren't- black and white-cut and dry

Quote:
Serenbat she wasn't up to date for some brief periods in her life, but now she is. It's not that complicated. We skipped hep b at birth, but now she's fully vaccinated for hep b. we delayed hep a a few months, but now she's fully vaccinated for that, too.

again, that is not what you stated- two clearly different statements but you are only talking b here anyway

Quote:

doesn't mostly mean not all?

doesn't exceptions mean just that - not standard? doesn't come across as up-to-date to me headscratch.gif

Quote:
I'm not "preaching" anything. I've never said everyone should vaccinate strictly by the schedule (which is called RECOMMENDED and not MANDATED for a reason). People have their own circumstances and values they make decisions for their families based on. My only agenda is for people to have accurate information to base those decisions on.

you must forgive me! Having read you many many posts how could I ever have gotten that opinion wrong?

I'm sure I am the only one biglaugh.gif

Quote:
 I do think herdimmunity is important and that people who work in public health have good reasons for trying to improve vaccination rates

without copy and pasting from other threads (there are sooooooo many)

Now, I'm sure you can re-justify this and make it seem like having heard immunity does not mean that "preaching" is need to have people be on a schedule and up-to-date to mean that bouncy.gif I find this such a contradiction but AGAIN it just must be me!

Heard immunity must mean not having people vaccinated or something else strange and bizarre that I just don't get!

&

#44 of 47 Old 03-04-2013, 06:09 AM

I don't follow you at all. As of right now my daughter has had all the vaccines the schedule says she should've, to me that means she is up to date. We didn't follow the schedule exactly, though, so she was vaccinated mostly on schedule but with a couple of exceptions. I've been as clear as I can. Make what you want out of it.

I'm not at all surprised you've read something into my posts that wasn't there. I'm sure you're not the only one.
#45 of 47 Old 03-04-2013, 07:36 AM

Quote:
I don't follow you at all.

same goes for me!

I see your vast contradictions from thread to thread and 

Quote:
I'm sure you're not the only one.

I feel the same way!

.......and don't bother with the other stuff I posted - your words speak for themselves (as to your thoughts) - you position seems quite clear, your wording simply comes off as odd at times

&

#46 of 47 Old 03-04-2013, 07:56 AM

Well, I can't help what you see. I yam what I yam. I guess I'm simultaneously single minded and vehement in my unilateral support of vaccines, but also contradictory. Go figure. You'd think spouting propaganda would at least make me consistent!
#47 of 47 Old 03-04-2013, 08:04 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Well, I can't help what you see. I yam what I yam. I guess I'm simultaneously single minded and vehement in my unilateral support of vaccines, but also contradictory. Go figure. You'd think spouting propaganda would at least make me consistent!

You are totally consistent IMO. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page