What harm can vaccines do to brain (hydrocephalus) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-09-2013, 05:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This is frustrating to me not knowing *WHY* my kids are like this.

My son and daughter both had the following type of head growth.  Son's head at 20-week u/s was 50th percentile, then a later u/s it was bigger and then at birth bigger still.  My daughter was a month early and her head was very small, 10th, but she was small everywhere (bad placenta/knot/not getting nutrients), but by her due date her head was much bigger and continued up the chart.

DS is off the charts within a week or so after birth and DD, with her TINY head at birth (her newborn pics I swear she almost looks microcephalic with a small forehead and everything), she was well off the charts within a few months.  

DS had problems - eyes became crossed and head growth more severe and ended up being shunted at 6 months and had a LOT of pressure in his head when they did the surgery.  Because of the pressure, he has non-verbal learning disorder (doesn't learn well from observing the world around him / has a lot of traits that would almost seem autistic such as not picking up on social cues or facial expressions).

DD never had those problems but she still has this huge head.

According to the doctors, they're both 'low tone' too (DS I can see but I never thought DD was, but a neurologist just told me this recently and I was surprised to hear it - she seems pretty athletic to me and quite unlike DS)

I do have a big head myself, actually, but was never off the charts as a child or anything like that.  

Both kids had NORMAL scans with normal ventricles.  DS just had extra fluid AROUND his brain not be reabsorbed.  DD's scan look normal without even extra fluid anywhere (just big brain).

DS fully vaccinated his first few years, DD had none until 3 years old (only the DTaP so far).

I have to wonder if they both have some sort of genetic issue and maybe DS was susceptible to something the vaccines did and that pushed him over the edge.  DD didn't get vaccines, so she's done better.  The doctor says "It's possible but we'll never know".  But I'm just asking here to ask what exactly could vaccines DO to the brain and the subarachnoid villi? 

It's horrifying to think that all DS's challenges could be *caused* by the vaccines I let the doctors give him.  I know I can't KNOW this is true, so don't get me wrong, this is hypothetical to me - something that makes me go 'hmmmm', but it's just so strange how DD has what seems like the "same thing" as DS but hers is so much less severe. 

#2 of 4 Old 03-09-2013, 06:59 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I read an article/some reserach on this recently, but for the life of me, I can't remember where. I will look and see if I can find it. In the meantime, this article with links to research might be of interest:

Head size in autism is complicated (does not mention vaccines though).

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#3 of 4 Old 03-09-2013, 07:42 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Also just anecdotal and hypothesizing:  but I've been thinking lately about this.  My brother and I are extremely intelligent--way, way ahead of the curve, but our mom seems to have autism and low IQ.  Maybe not quite MR, but close.  Our dad seems nothing special either, he never graduated high school.  Why did such low IQ parents have freakishly high IQ children?  And it just hit me the other day that maybe mom was supposed to be genetically intelligent, but was somehow brain damaged by vaccines or lead poisoning or a viral infection in infancy.  Vaccines in the olden days were a lot more toxic.  And she was raised Appalachian--very poor and dirty with no opportunities.  Her family used to glean farm fields for food when they were kids. 

bellyhair.giftreehugger.gif     coolshine.gif      greenthumb.gif     read.gif
#4 of 4 Old 03-10-2013, 05:07 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

You could try searching.......... encephalitis encephalopathy infant head circumference. Did your children have any adverse reactions to vaccination?

Encephalopathy is included among the list of vaccination injuries per National Vacccine Injury Compensation Program  (I believe, among DTaP and MMR).

http://www.hrsa.gov/vaccinecompensation/vaccinetable.html

I would think encephalopathy would increase the head circumference but I read that over time it can decrease it (perhaps due to brain atrophy?)

The one thing to consider would likely be the bone plates of the skull during the first two years, regarding expansion for inflammation.

I'm sorry I wish I could be more helpful.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page