2 Texas Vaccine Bills (minors can consent and forced on daycare workers) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-15-2013, 01:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

http://www.naturalnews.com/039487_vaccinations_children_parental_consent.html

Scroll down to the bottom and you can read the bills directly.

This is so disturbing. More and more attempts to erode our freedoms. The bill giving minors the ability to consent to HPV vaccine passed in CA so here is the next state giving it a go. I don't think it even applies to just the HPV vaccine but all vaccines? 

Perhaps someone can read over the bill and correct me if I'm wrong.

At least the bill about forcing daycare workers to get vaccinated allows for religious exemptions. 

The scary part is both bills passed the last vote with no nays......yikes.gif

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#2 of 4 Old 03-15-2013, 02:02 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marnica View Post

http://www.naturalnews.com/039487_vaccinations_children_parental_consent.html

Scroll down to the bottom and you can read the bills directly.

This is so disturbing. More and more attempts to erode our freedoms. The bill giving minors the ability to consent to HPV vaccine passed in CA so here is the next state giving it a go. I don't think it even applies to just the HPV vaccine but all vaccines? 

Perhaps someone can read over the bill and correct me if I'm wrong.

At least the bill about forcing daycare workers to get vaccinated allows for religious exemptions. 

The scary part is both bills passed the last vote with no nays......yikes.gif

the thing about daycare workers is that they'll have to wear a mask and gloves which will identify them as non vaxed, which in turn, could have parents opting for "mary' not to be taking care of her kids while they're at the center since 'mary' isn't vaxed....it sets up a whole new set of problems, imo, and i'm sure gov will get around it somehow. 

#3 of 4 Old 03-15-2013, 02:21 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I believe it would be any vaccine if the child wishes to have it and will be allowed without parental consent. These questions come up frequently as far as when a teenager should be allowed to make medical decisions for themselves. Usually it relates to birth control etc. But it has now been a debate extended into the vaccination arena. I believe these laws similarly would make it so that if a adolescent did NOT want to be vaccinated, their parents could not force them to as they should be allowed to make their own health decisions.

I get the debate on adolescents being allowed to make their own health decisions. I don't know what I feel about it TBH.

HOWEVER, the linked article is extraordinarily offensive in my opinion. In NO WAY is a bill which allows adolescents to seek out vaccinations without their parents consent related to the state sexually assaulting children. The anaology is flawed and it is something that undermines anything else the authors try to say. I cannot even imagine what went through someones head before they tried to link that together.
prosciencemum likes this.
#4 of 4 Old 03-15-2013, 05:24 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
I agree that these bills are reprehensible and need to be nipped in the bud once they hit the TX House. I also agree that NN's coverage is misleading and inflammatory. There's unfortunately a lot of online yellow journalism on vax-related issues.

In God we trust; all others must show data. selectivevax.gifsurf.gifteapot2.GIFintactivist.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page